Firefox: Classic Netscape theme?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Petersen, Vegard Krog, Jun 30, 2008.

  1. Petersen, Vegard Krog, Jun 30, 2008

  2. Petersen, Vegard Krog

    elaich Guest

    "Petersen, Vegard Krog" <> wrote in
    news:g4avtr$elk$:

    > Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
    > "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.

    You are just going to have to wait until the developers catch up.

    I'm not using FF3 yet, but I made my own Netscape theme by modifying blue-
    orbit, replacing the throbber with the Netscape one. It's not the old 4.7
    theme with the stoplight, but more like Netscape 7.

    elaich, Jun 30, 2008

  3. On 30.06.2008 18:58 Justin wrote:
    > Petersen, Vegard Krog wrote on [Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:59:53 +0200]:
    >> Have upgraded to Firefox 3.
    >>
    >> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
    >> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.

    > Hey, keep posting, someone may eventually find one

    I've got an error message - 'sending failed' each time.
    Anyway - sorry about that.

    regards from vegard

    --
    Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

    http://vegard2.no -
    Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
    Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
    Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
    games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
    18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
    Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football

    Vegard Krog Petersen, Jun 30, 2008
  4. On 30.06.2008 19:13 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Petersen, Vegard Krog wrote:
    >> Have upgraded to Firefox 3.
    >>
    >> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
    >> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.
    >>
    >> N-scape1, FoxScape and Perennial all dead and not compatible...
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1738
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4083
    >> http://digiboy.deviantart.com/art/Perennial-0-2-2-10768290
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Regards from Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway
    >> http://vegard2.no
    >>

    > you only have to sent it once, not 4 times.

    I've got an error message - 'sending failed' each time.
    Anyway - sorry about that.

    > You can try this, but I can't guarantee it. Backup your profile first,
    > just incase something goes wrong.
    >
    > Save the above files to your hard drive. They should be an .xpi file.
    > If they are, then open it with your zip program.
    >
    > Inside it you will see a .jar file. Open that with your zip program.
    >
    > From there you will find a file called install.rdf. Open that using
    > any word processing program. Look for the line that says:
    >
    > <em:maxVersion>1.6</em:maxVersion>
    >
    > once found, that means the maximum version of FF that is good for is FF
    > 1.6. Change that line to 3.5.
    >
    > Now, zip everything back up exactly the way it came. Don't include
    > other directories, or your screwed.
    >
    > Now, install it into FF and see if it works. Does it?

    I'll try and get back. Thanks for the info. :)

    regards from vegard

    Vegard Krog Petersen, Jun 30, 2008
  5. Vegard Krog Petersen skrev:
    > On 30.06.2008 19:13 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Petersen, Vegard Krog wrote:
    >>> Have upgraded to Firefox 3.
    >>>
    >>> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
    >>> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.
    >>>
    >>> N-scape1, FoxScape and Perennial all dead and not compatible...
    >>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1738
    >>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4083
    >>> http://digiboy.deviantart.com/art/Perennial-0-2-2-10768290
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> Regards from Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway
    >>> http://vegard2.no
    >>>

    >> you only have to sent it once, not 4 times.
    >>

    > I've got an error message - 'sending failed' each time.
    > Anyway - sorry about that.
    >

    >> You can try this, but I can't guarantee it. Backup your profile
    >> first, just incase something goes wrong.
    >>
    >> Save the above files to your hard drive. They should be an .xpi
    >> file. If they are, then open it with your zip program.
    >>
    >> Inside it you will see a .jar file. Open that with your zip program.
    >>
    >> From there you will find a file called install.rdf. Open that using
    >> any word processing program. Look for the line that says:
    >>
    >> <em:maxVersion>1.6</em:maxVersion>
    >>
    >> once found, that means the maximum version of FF that is good for is
    >> FF 1.6. Change that line to 3.5.
    >>
    >> Now, zip everything back up exactly the way it came. Don't include
    >> other directories, or your screwed.
    >>
    >> Now, install it into FF and see if it works. Does it?
    >>

    > I'll try and get back. Thanks for the info. :)
    >
    > regards from vegard

    Tested. N-scape1 no success. Firefox refused to install it.
    FoxScape works (somewhat). "Awesome Bar" not so awesome anymore...

    :) Thanks to all.

    regards from vegard

    Petersen, Vegard Krog, Jul 1, 2008
  6. elaich skrev:
    > "Petersen, Vegard Krog" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
    >> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.

    > You are just going to have to wait until the developers catch up.

    Wait? A destiny worse than death! :) :) :)

    regards from vegard

    Petersen, Vegard Krog, Jul 1, 2008
  7. Petersen, Vegard Krog

    Rom Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:59:53 +0200, Petersen, Vegard Krog wrote:

    > Have upgraded to Firefox 3.
    >
    > Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
    > "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.
    >
    > N-scape1, FoxScape and Perennial all dead and not compatible...
    > http://digiboy.deviantart.com/art/Perennial-0-2-2-10768290

    Saw this Experimental one amongst the recently updated add-ons:
    Orthodox <https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/7912>

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jul 1, 2008
  8. Rom skrev:
    > On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:59:53 +0200, Petersen, Vegard Krog wrote:
    >
    >> Have upgraded to Firefox 3.
    >>
    >> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
    >> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.
    >>
    >> N-scape1, FoxScape and Perennial all dead and not compatible...
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1738
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4083
    >> http://digiboy.deviantart.com/art/Perennial-0-2-2-10768290

    > Saw this Experimental one amongst the recently updated add-ons:
    > Orthodox <https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/7912>

    Cool! Thanks! :) I feel like a kid in the candy store now.... :)

    Installed it; seems to work at first glance. X's on tabs there (not in
    the hacked FoxScape) and 'Awesomebar' works.

    He even made one for Thunderbird! Woho! :) That has not been available
    since a an old theme that worked in Thunderbird 0.6...

    http://www.auburn.edu/~nzk0001/sci/moztheme.htm

    Kind regards from Vegard

    Petersen, Vegard Krog, Jul 2, 2008
  9. Petersen, Vegard Krog, Jul 2, 2008
  10. Petersen, Vegard Krog skrev:
    > Petersen, Vegard Krog skrev:
    >>
    >> He even made one for Thunderbird! Woho! :) That has not been
    >> available since a an old theme that worked in Thunderbird 0.6...
    >>
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/7912
    >> http://www.auburn.edu/~nzk0001/sci/moztheme.htm

    > And as he warned: Only in Linux and it screws up in Windows. Buggers!

    As of yesterday; it works in Thunderbird for Windows also. Yahooooo! :)

    Petersen, Vegard Krog, Jul 3, 2008