    that there was nothing wrong that he could see and I can access instantly using IE. I get all other
    web sites using Firefox. I can also get my ftp site with Firefox.

    So the only site I am having trouble, only with Firefox, is that one. Any ideas? Thanks

    Gualtier Malde, May 9, 2007

  2. Gualtier Malde

    Guest

    On May 8, 4:11 pm, Gualtier Malde <> wrote:
    > I am using Firefox 2.0.0.3 in Windows 2000. I have a small web site with information for members of
    > an organization. All day I haven't been able to access it from Firefox. The server person said
    > that there was nothing wrong that he could see and I can access instantly using IE. I get all other
    > web sites using Firefox. I can also get my ftp site with Firefox.
    >
    > So the only site I am having trouble, only with Firefox, is that one. Any ideas? Thanks

    any ideas -- nope, not off hand. Can you provide a link? This way
    someone can go and check it out and see whats going on? This way
    someone can advise you better. Thanks

    , May 9, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > On May 8, 4:11 pm, Gualtier Malde <> wrote:
    >> I am using Firefox 2.0.0.3 in Windows 2000. I have a small web site with information for members of
    >> an organization. All day I haven't been able to access it from Firefox. The server person said
    >> that there was nothing wrong that he could see and I can access instantly using IE. I get all other
    >> web sites using Firefox. I can also get my ftp site with Firefox.
    >>
    >> So the only site I am having trouble, only with Firefox, is that one. Any ideas? Thanks

    > any ideas -- nope, not off hand. Can you provide a link? This way
    > someone can go and check it out and see whats going on? This way
    > someone can advise you better. Thanks

    Yes. My page is http://www.eskimo.com/~chuckb/ I posted in a hurry because I was concerned that
    people would not be able to access updates and not get my information. Then I did some more
    investigation. I found that I can access each link directly and, in fact, can get my page by
    clicking http://www.eskimo.com/~chuckb/index.html.

    Previously I didn't need to put in the "index.html" and don't have to put it in with IE and the guy
    at the server didn't, either. So Firefox changed things, and I don't know why.

    Anyway, emergency is over but I am still curious about things.

    Gualtier Malde, May 9, 2007
  4. Gualtier Malde

    Guest

    On May 8, 5:16 pm, Gualtier Malde <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > On May 8, 4:11 pm, Gualtier Malde <> wrote:
    > >> I am using Firefox 2.0.0.3 in Windows 2000. I have a small web site with information for members of
    > >> an organization. All day I haven't been able to access it from Firefox. The server person said
    > >> that there was nothing wrong that he could see and I can access instantly using IE. I get all other
    > >> web sites using Firefox. I can also get my ftp site with Firefox.

    > >> So the only site I am having trouble, only with Firefox, is that one. Any ideas? Thanks

    > > any ideas -- nope, not off hand. Can you provide a link? This way
    > > someone can go and check it out and see whats going on? This way
    > > someone can advise you better. Thanks

    > Yes. My page ishttp://www.eskimo.com/~chuckb/ I posted in a hurry because I was concerned that
    > people would not be able to access updates and not get my information. Then I did some more
    > investigation. I found that I can access each link directly and, in fact, can get my page by
    > clickinghttp://www.eskimo.com/~chuckb/index.html.
    >
    > Previously I didn't need to put in the "index.html" and don't have to put it in with IE and the guy
    > at the server didn't, either. So Firefox changed things, and I don't know why.
    >
    > Anyway, emergency is over but I am still curious about things.

    I get the same thing with or without index.html

    , May 9, 2007
  5. wrote:
    > On May 8, 5:16 pm, Gualtier Malde <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> any ideas -- nope, not off hand. Can you provide a link? This way
    >>> someone can go and check it out and see whats going on? This way
    >>> someone can advise you better. Thanks

    >> Yes. My page ishttp://www.eskimo.com/~chuckb/ I posted in a hurry because I was concerned that
    >> people would not be able to access updates and not get my information. Then I did some more
    >> investigation. I found that I can access each link directly and, in fact, can get my page by
    >> clickinghttp://www.eskimo.com/~chuckb/index.html.
    >>
    >> Previously I didn't need to put in the "index.html" and don't have to put it in with IE and the guy
    >> at the server didn't, either. So Firefox changed things, and I don't know why.
    >>
    >> Anyway, emergency is over but I am still curious about things.

    > I get the same thing with or without index.html

    Same here, they both resolve to the same site.

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 9, 2007
  6. Gualtier Malde

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > I am using Firefox 2.0.0.3 in Windows 2000. I have a small web site
    > with information for members of an organization. All day I haven't been
    > able to access it from Firefox. The server person said that there was
    > nothing wrong that he could see and I can access instantly using IE. I
    > get all other web sites using Firefox. I can also get my ftp site with
    > Firefox.
    >
    > So the only site I am having trouble, only with Firefox, is that one.
    > Any ideas? Thanks

    It works here in four different browsers. So, start looking at:

    - your local host file (if you're using one)
    - firewalls
    - pop-up permissions
    - cookie permissions
    - Firefox extensions or other add-ons

    Something about your unique installation is causing the problem. It
    does not seem to be a problem with the Firefox program.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, May 9, 2007
  7. Gualtier Malde

    Zaghadka Guest

    On Wed, 09 May 2007 00:55:52 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > wrote:
    >>> Yes. My page ishttp://www.eskimo.com/~chuckb/ I posted in a hurry because I was concerned that
    >>> people would not be able to access updates and not get my information. Then I did some more
    >>> investigation. I found that I can access each link directly and, in fact, can get my page by
    >>> clickinghttp://www.eskimo.com/~chuckb/index.html.
    >>>
    >>> Previously I didn't need to put in the "index.html" and don't have to put it in with IE and the guy
    >>> at the server didn't, either. So Firefox changed things, and I don't know why.
    >>>
    >>> Anyway, emergency is over but I am still curious about things.

    >> I get the same thing with or without index.html
    >>

    >Same here, they both resolve to the same site.

    Just to be redundant. Both links resolve. FF 2.0.0.3.

    --
    Zag

    "The Ends Justify The Means" ~Niccolo Machiavelli, c. 1550

    "The Means Justify The Means" ~George W. Bush, c. 2000

    Zaghadka, May 9, 2007
  8. Gualtier Malde

    Andy Luddy Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >> I am using Firefox 2.0.0.3 in Windows 2000. I have a small web site
    >> with information for members of an organization. All day I haven't
    >> been able to access it from Firefox. The server person said that
    >> there was nothing wrong that he could see and I can access instantly
    >> using IE. I get all other web sites using Firefox. I can also get my
    >> ftp site with Firefox.
    >>
    >> So the only site I am having trouble, only with Firefox, is that one.
    >> Any ideas? Thanks

    > It works here in four different browsers. So, start looking at:
    >
    > - your local host file (if you're using one)
    > - firewalls
    > - pop-up permissions
    > - cookie permissions
    > - Firefox extensions or other add-ons
    >
    > Something about your unique installation is causing the problem. It
    > does not seem to be a problem with the Firefox program.

    Also, it might be worth looking when you type the address if some form
    of auto-completion is taking place.

    --
    Andy Luddy
    Perform appendectomy to reply

    Andy Luddy, May 9, 2007
  9. Andy Luddy wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >>> I am using Firefox 2.0.0.3 in Windows 2000. I have a small web site
    >>> with information for members of an organization. All day I haven't
    >>> been able to access it from Firefox. The server person said that
    >>> there was nothing wrong that he could see and I can access instantly
    >>> using IE. I get all other web sites using Firefox. I can also get
    >>> my ftp site with Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> So the only site I am having trouble, only with Firefox, is that
    >>> one. Any ideas? Thanks

    >> It works here in four different browsers. So, start looking at:
    >>
    >> - your local host file (if you're using one)
    >> - firewalls
    >> - pop-up permissions
    >> - cookie permissions
    >> - Firefox extensions or other add-ons
    >>
    >> Something about your unique installation is causing the problem. It
    >> does not seem to be a problem with the Firefox program.
    >>

    > Also, it might be worth looking when you type the address if some form
    > of auto-completion is taking place.

    That part is easy: Whether typed in or the old bookmark I had, same result.

    Thanks

    Gualtier Malde, May 9, 2007
  10. Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > I am using Firefox 2.0.0.3 in Windows 2000. I have a small web site
    > with information for members of an organization. All day I haven't been
    > able to access it from Firefox. The server person said that there was
    > nothing wrong that he could see and I can access instantly using IE. I
    > get all other web sites using Firefox. I can also get my ftp site with
    > Firefox.
    >
    > So the only site I am having trouble, only with Firefox, is that one.
    > Any ideas? Thanks

    Well, beats the Hell out of me, but now it works. I was just preparing to go through various checks
    as suggested below and took another crack at it and it worked.

    Thanks all, for your help. It was helpful to know that it wasn't the ISP or site.

    Gualtier Malde, May 9, 2007
  11. Gualtier Malde

    andrzej Guest

    hi,
    i am using FireFox 1.5.0.12 and W2K and have similar problems.
    Sometimes webpages opens up with IE and with FF you got server not
    responding error.
    Both Browsers configured with the same connection options (no proxy,
    no extras).

    What helps is usualy restarting FF.

    andi

    andrzej, Jun 11, 2007