    Where in the hey do they hide the cache file?

    I'm using Firefox ver. 1.0.

    , Mar 1, 2005

  2. Z Guest

    wrote:
    > Where in the hey do they hide the cache file?
    > I'm using Firefox ver. 1.0.

    Tools > Options > Privacy > Cache > Clear

    Z, Mar 1, 2005

  3. John Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:47:50 -0600, wrote:

    >Where in the hey do they hide the cache file?

    Windows >> Application data >> Firefox >> Profiles >> _your_.default >> Cache

    John, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:11:59 -0800, Z <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Where in the hey do they hide the cache file?
    >> I'm using Firefox ver. 1.0.

    >Tools > Options > Privacy > Cache > Clear

    That's what I said I tried. No workee.

    , Mar 1, 2005
  5. Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:30:39 -0500, John <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:47:50 -0600, wrote:
    >
    >>Where in the hey do they hide the cache file?
    >>

    >Windows >> Application data >> Firefox >> Profiles >> _your_.default >> Cache

    Thanks. That solves half the problem. I'm still wondering why the 'clear
    cache' in the Options menu won't work.

    , Mar 1, 2005
  6. ..brian.. Guest

    wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:30:39 -0500, John <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:47:50 -0600, wrote:
    > >
    > >>Where in the hey do they hide the cache file?
    > >>

    > >Windows >> Application data >> Firefox >> Profiles >>

    _your_.default >> Cache

    > Thanks. That solves half the problem. I'm still wondering why the

    'clear
    > cache' in the Options menu won't work.

    What is wrong with your clear button?

    ..brian.., Mar 1, 2005
  7. Guest

    On 28 Feb 2005 22:54:28 -0800, "..brian.." <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:

    >> >Windows >> Application data >> Firefox >> Profiles >>

    >_your_.default >> Cache
    >>
    >> Thanks. That solves half the problem. I'm still wondering why the

    >'clear
    >> cache' in the Options menu won't work.

    >What is wrong with your clear button?

    I wish I knew. I click it and nothing happens. All the others do their
    jobs. It used to work, but something seems to screwed up this one
    button. I guess I'll have to reinstall.

    , Mar 1, 2005
  8. Drude Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On 28 Feb 2005 22:54:28 -0800, "..brian.." <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > wrote:

    > >_your_.default >> Cache
    > >>
    > >> Thanks. That solves half the problem. I'm still wondering why the

    > >'clear
    > >> cache' in the Options menu won't work.

    > >What is wrong with your clear button?

    > I wish I knew. I click it and nothing happens. All the others do their
    > jobs. It used to work, but something seems to screwed up this one
    > button. I guess I'll have to reinstall.

    Happened to me when I used FF sometimes too... Usually, if I simply
    closed and then re-opened the program, it would work again/

    Who knows why? One of the reasons I'm back on IE...

    Drude

    Drude, Mar 1, 2005
  9. ..brian.. Guest

    Drude wrote:
    > In article <>,

    > says...
    > > On 28 Feb 2005 22:54:28 -0800, "..brian.."

    <>

    wrote:

    > > >_your_.default >> Cache

    the
    > > >'clear
    > > >
    > > >What is wrong with your clear button?

    > > I wish I knew. I click it and nothing happens. All the others do

    their
    > > jobs. It used to work, but something seems to screwed up this one
    > > button. I guess I'll have to reinstall.
    > >

    > Happened to me when I used FF sometimes too... Usually, if I simply
    > closed and then re-opened the program, it would work again/
    >
    > Who knows why? One of the reasons I'm back on IE...
    >
    > Drude

    Because IE is a much smaller problem than a little "clear cache" button
    ;-)

    ..brian.., Mar 2, 2005
  10. Drude Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Drude wrote:
    > > In article <>,

    > > says...
    > > > On 28 Feb 2005 22:54:28 -0800, "..brian.."

    > <>

    > the

    > > > I wish I knew. I click it and nothing happens. All the others do

    > their
    > > > jobs. It used to work, but something seems to screwed up this one
    > > > button. I guess I'll have to reinstall.
    > > >

    > > Happened to me when I used FF sometimes too... Usually, if I simply
    > > closed and then re-opened the program, it would work again/
    > >
    > > Who knows why? One of the reasons I'm back on IE...
    > >
    > > Drude

    > Because IE is a much smaller problem than a little "clear cache" button
    > ;-)

    I said it was ONE of the problems that sent me back to IE.

    I really like FF, I think it's a great browser. But... I DON'T think
    it's perfect by any means, and was causing some problems on my computer
    -especially with my soundcard, which is strange, but I'm not the only
    one to experience it - also, the memory leaks and having to install 14
    extensions, and having my profile corrupt every couple of weeks, and my
    'empty cache' button refusing to work, and Thunderbird being no good at
    binary newsgroups, and certain sites (only a handful, but still...)
    either not working or crashing the browser... anyway...you know the
    drill.

    IE isn't perfect either, but it IS fast and reliable (and DON'T give me
    the whole spyware/adware/malware thing...anyone who knows how to protect
    their computer won't have problems with these things. I don't, and
    never have had any problems with IE and viruses...) and does what I need
    it to do without having to reconfigure it or add things to it every
    couple of weeks.

    Anyway... when the next full version of FF comes out, I will definitely
    give it a try... but since it's about 50/50 with IE right now...there's
    no sweat for me to give FF the boot.

    For the time being...

    Drude

    Drude, Mar 2, 2005
  11. JediFans Guest

    Drude wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >>Drude wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <>,

    >>>says...

    >><>

    >>the

    >>their

    >>>Happened to me when I used FF sometimes too... Usually, if I simply
    >>>closed and then re-opened the program, it would work again/
    >>>
    >>>Who knows why? One of the reasons I'm back on IE...
    >>>
    >>>Drude

    >>Because IE is a much smaller problem than a little "clear cache" button
    >>;-)

    > I said it was ONE of the problems that sent me back to IE.
    >
    > I really like FF, I think it's a great browser. But... I DON'T think
    > it's perfect by any means, and was causing some problems on my computer
    > -especially with my soundcard, which is strange, but I'm not the only
    > one to experience it - also, the memory leaks and having to install 14
    > extensions, and having my profile corrupt every couple of weeks, and my
    > 'empty cache' button refusing to work, and Thunderbird being no good at
    > binary newsgroups, and certain sites (only a handful, but still...)
    > either not working or crashing the browser... anyway...you know the
    > drill.
    >
    > IE isn't perfect either, but it IS fast and reliable (and DON'T give me
    > the whole spyware/adware/malware thing...anyone who knows how to protect
    > their computer won't have problems with these things. I don't, and
    > never have had any problems with IE and viruses...) and does what I need
    > it to do without having to reconfigure it or add things to it every
    > couple of weeks.
    >
    > Anyway... when the next full version of FF comes out, I will definitely
    > give it a try... but since it's about 50/50 with IE right now...there's
    > no sweat for me to give FF the boot.
    >
    > For the time being...
    >
    > Drude

    sorry its early and i dont have time to snip it BUT the fact i like FF
    is 1. security but 2. it uses gecko, meaning it is standards compliant,
    unlike IE which cant render for **** lol, just my £0.02 - you have to
    use hacks to get standards compliant pages to work in IE and that just
    shows what a complete let down IE7 will be, there arent any plans to add
    any more support for standards etc, i will never be an IE user again
    full time, maybe for stubborn pages but thats about it.

    JediFans, Mar 3, 2005