    One particular website I visit is very graphics intensive and it's a
    pain on my slow connection to reload all the images again after a clean
    up.

    tsantsa, May 12, 2005

  2. tsantsa

    Old Gringo Guest

    tsantsa wrote:
    > With Firefox, is there a way of saving the cache of just one website so
    > that I don't lose it when I clear out the rest of cache?
    >
    > One particular website I visit is very graphics intensive and it's a
    > pain on my slow connection to reload all the images again after a clean
    > up.

    For the novice I don't see any way to accomplish this task. Sounds
    like a good one to submit to Mozilla/FireFox. Pages to save when
    Clearing Cache.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, May 12, 2005

  3. tsantsa

    Martik Guest

    "tsantsa" <> wrote in message
    > With Firefox, is there a way of saving the cache of just one website so
    > that I don't lose it when I clear out the rest of cache?
    >
    > One particular website I visit is very graphics intensive and it's a
    > pain on my slow connection to reload all the images again after a clean
    > up.

    Set all the files to read only?

    Martik, May 12, 2005
  4. tsantsa

    elaich Guest

    "Martik" <> wrote in news:aaxge.61602$tg1.39675@edtnps84:

    > Set all the files to read only?

    If you can figure out which ones they are. Firefox's cryptic naming of
    cache itmes makes this almost impossible.

    --
    "No sports writers were harmed during the making of this post. And what I
    want to know is - why not?"

    elaich, May 12, 2005
  5. elaich wrote:
    > "Martik" <> wrote in news:aaxge.61602$tg1.39675@edtnps84:
    >

    >>Set all the files to read only?

    > If you can figure out which ones they are. Firefox's cryptic naming of
    > cache itmes makes this almost impossible.

    Go to the website at an odd hour. The cache files from that time period
    are the ones you want to save.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 12, 2005
  6. tsantsa

    tsantsa Guest

    Old Gringo <> wrote in

    > For the novice I don't see any way to accomplish this task.
    > Sounds like a good one to submit to Mozilla/FireFox. Pages to
    > save when Clearing Cache.

    Thanks all for the ideas, it seems there isn't an easy way to do it.
    Maybe I'll submit it as a suggestion then. (Or get a faster connection
    ;) )

    tsantsa, May 12, 2005
  7. tsantsa

    elaich Guest

    tsantsa <> wrote in

    > Old Gringo <> wrote in
    >
    >> For the novice I don't see any way to accomplish this task.
    >> Sounds like a good one to submit to Mozilla/FireFox. Pages to
    >> save when Clearing Cache.

    > Thanks all for the ideas, it seems there isn't an easy way to do it.
    > Maybe I'll submit it as a suggestion then. (Or get a faster connection
    > ;) )

    Clear your cache, then visit the page. Then mark any new files in the
    cache read only.

    elaich, May 12, 2005
  8. tsantsa

    WormWood Guest

    "elaich" <> wrote in message news:...
    > "Martik" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Set all the files to read only?

    > If you can figure out which ones they are. Firefox's cryptic naming of
    > cache itmes makes this almost impossible.

    Firefox has both History and cache separately. as well as a button to
    clear location bar. History is very readable, giving an html web address
    to each file in cotents. I don't know how to make them read only but
    thought I'd supply this little dollop of information in case you can use
    it.

    WormWood, May 13, 2005
  9. tsantsa

    tgkprog

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    use a local proxy server with cache enabled
    goto sourceforge.net or google to find some

    i cant post a link but i guess they are obvious urls ... //sourceforge.net/

    tgkprog, Nov 6, 2009