    selectable again and I can click it numerous times without it staying
    greyed out.

    Does anyone know why this happens? Should it? Does it mean anything?

    pd, Jan 18, 2005

  2. pd

    Keith Guest

    On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:04:21 -0500, pd <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know why this happens? Should it? Does it mean anything?

    You are worrying about nothing. Your cache is never cleared until you
    shatter your HD into a million bits.

    --
    Best Regards, Keith
    http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page

    Keith, Jan 18, 2005

  3. pd

    pd Guest

    Now after reading the post "Re: about: options" and entering
    "about:cache" I have discovered that when the "clear" button reappears
    and I can click it again, the cache **IS NOT** being cleared.

    On 1/18/2005 12:04 AM pd exclaimed

    pd, Jan 18, 2005
  4. pd

    John Guest

    On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:04:21 -0500, pd <> wrote:

    >of disk space for the cache.
    >
    >When I clear the cache, it is inconsistent in it's actions. Sometimes
    >the "Clear" button becomes greyed out and stays greyed out preventing me
    >from clicking it a second time until I click OK and reopen the <privacy>
    >page again, but sometimes it becomes greyed out and then becomes
    >selectable again and I can click it numerous times without it staying
    >greyed out.
    >
    >Does anyone know why this happens? Should it? Does it mean anything?

    pd:
    Tis is not a direct answer to your question, but this is how I handled it
    (probabaly does not apply if you're on a dial-up or slow connection):

    I have DSL which usually runs at about 2.5 Mb down - so caching does not
    contribute a whole lot .
    By the same token, nothing goes into the "Cache" folder to be cleaned out
    later.

    Cheers!

    John <><

    John, Jan 18, 2005