Firefox browser share 11.3%

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by s-t-e-v-e, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. s-t-e-v-e

    s-t-e-v-e Guest

    s-t-e-v-e, Aug 3, 2006

  2. s-t-e-v-e

    thingy Guest

    s-t-e-v-e wrote:
    > According to Net Applications, Firefox's share of the browser market
    > stood at 11.3% at the end of July, up from 9.6% at the end of 2005 and
    > 4.6% at the end of 2004.
    >
    > http://www.forbes.com/digitalentertainment/2006/08/01/internet-real-mozilla_cx_lh_0802real.html

    Just how well it will continue to do remains to be seen. Its "hacker
    proof" claims are being proven as a bit too much hot air....still safer
    than IE....and I will be surprised if IE7 is much better than earlier
    versions....

    Forbes seemed surprisingly neutral....mention open source and they
    usually drip venom...

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Aug 3, 2006

  3. "s-t-e-v-e" <> wrote in message
    > According to Net Applications, Firefox's share of the browser market stood
    > at 11.3% at the end of July, up from 9.6% at the end of 2005 and 4.6% at
    > the end of 2004.
    >
    > http://www.forbes.com/digitalentertainment/2006/08/01/internet-real-mozilla_cx_lh_0802real.html

    Glad to hear my wee bit helps.............;-)

    --
    -- Cheers
    Southern Kiwi
    Southern Kiwi, Aug 3, 2006
  4. s-t-e-v-e

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 18:55:27 +1200, "Southern Kiwi"
    <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> exclaimed:

    >"s-t-e-v-e" <> wrote in message
    >> According to Net Applications, Firefox's share of the browser market stood
    >> at 11.3% at the end of July, up from 9.6% at the end of 2005 and 4.6% at
    >> the end of 2004.
    >>
    >> http://www.forbes.com/digitalentertainment/2006/08/01/internet-real-mozilla_cx_lh_0802real.html

    >Glad to hear my wee bit helps.............;-)

    I tried it for a few months, but it's just not "smooth".

    Opera walks all over it, and is much safer, too, for those that go on
    about that sort of thing.
    Fred Dagg, Aug 3, 2006
  5. s-t-e-v-e

    Nova Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 18:55:27 +1200, "Southern Kiwi"
    > <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> exclaimed:
    >
    >> "s-t-e-v-e" <> wrote in message
    >>> According to Net Applications, Firefox's share of the browser market stood
    >>> at 11.3% at the end of July, up from 9.6% at the end of 2005 and 4.6% at
    >>> the end of 2004.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.forbes.com/digitalentertainment/2006/08/01/internet-real-mozilla_cx_lh_0802real.html

    >> Glad to hear my wee bit helps.............;-)

    > I tried it for a few months, but it's just not "smooth".
    >
    > Opera walks all over it, and is much safer, too, for those that go on
    > about that sort of thing.

    I would have to agree with you there, Opera definitely seems like a more
    polished product and just feels snappier at loading pages.
    Nova, Aug 4, 2006
  6. s-t-e-v-e

    steve Guest

    thingy wrote:

    > s-t-e-v-e wrote:
    >> According to Net Applications, Firefox's share of the browser market
    >> stood at 11.3% at the end of July, up from 9.6% at the end of 2005 and
    >> 4.6% at the end of 2004.

    http://www.forbes.com/digitalentertainment/2006/08/01/internet-real-mozilla_cx_lh_0802real.html

    > Just how well it will continue to do remains to be seen. Its "hacker
    > proof" claims are being proven as a bit too much hot air....still safer
    > than IE....and I will be surprised if IE7 is much better than earlier
    > versions....
    >
    > Forbes seemed surprisingly neutral....mention open source and they
    > usually drip venom...

    This will be their "balance" story before a series of biased venom pieces.

    The Dominion Post employs the same technique: Let a columnist they disagree
    with write one column and then assail that position the next day with a
    editorial and several columns opposed....as well as a couple of slanted
    news stories on the topic to round things out.

    Then.....a week later print the letters on the subject on a two-opposed,
    one-for basis. They trick is in the "Points Noted" list of
    correspondents....where you will see a host of people you know will have
    disagreed with the Dom, but their letters aren't printed.

    They have been doing that for years now......at first when Richard Long took
    over in 1990, then more overtly once the current editor took the helm.
    steve, Aug 4, 2006