    the menus don't work. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but it is the same.
    I tried manually changing the theme in the Profile folder but to no avail.
    Without doing a windows "System Restore" what can I do?

    rwrede, Apr 18, 2005

  2. rwrede

    Gregg Guest

    rwrede wrote:
    > I downloaded the latest version update (1.0.3) plus two new themes. I
    > restarted firefox and chose one of the new themes, it said there "was no
    > preview image" so I wanted to see what it looked like. Now the browser is
    > just a garbled mess, I can't change the theme back the way it was because
    > the menus don't work. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but it is the same.
    > I tried manually changing the theme in the Profile folder but to no avail.
    > Without doing a windows "System Restore" what can I do?

    May be a little simplistic, but have you tried rebooting the computer. I
    have learned the hard way to go from simplest solution first. If you
    have already tried this you could delete the installation and reinstall
    it. Do you save the installation files? I always save my in a documents
    folder. If all else fails a system restore isn't that big a deal. I did
    one the other night when I had cable connection problems only to find
    out Comcast was having system wide problems. Oh well, strike what I said
    earlier about "I have learned". :)

    Gregg

    Gregg, Apr 18, 2005

  3. rwrede

    Watchman Guest

    rwrede wrote:

    > I downloaded the latest version update (1.0.3) plus two new themes. I
    > restarted firefox and chose one of the new themes, it said there "was no
    > preview image" so I wanted to see what it looked like. Now the browser is
    > just a garbled mess, I can't change the theme back the way it was because
    > the menus don't work. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but it is the same.
    > I tried manually changing the theme in the Profile folder but to no avail.
    > Without doing a windows "System Restore" what can I do?

    I have the same problem. I tried to view the updated White theme and now
    I can't get rid of it. I don't even know where the themes are stored so
    I could delete it.

    Watchman :)
    --
    'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

    Watchman, Apr 18, 2005
  4. rwrede

    Watchman Guest

    rwrede wrote:

    > I downloaded the latest version update (1.0.3) plus two new themes. I
    > restarted firefox and chose one of the new themes, it said there "was no
    > preview image" so I wanted to see what it looked like. Now the browser is
    > just a garbled mess, I can't change the theme back the way it was because
    > the menus don't work. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but it is the same.
    > I tried manually changing the theme in the Profile folder but to no avail.
    > Without doing a windows "System Restore" what can I do?

    Just got the solution from the theme's author. Start Firefox in safe
    mode ,Start > Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (safe mode), and delete
    the theme. Then restart Firefox. Problem fixed.

    Watchman :)
    --
    'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

    Watchman, Apr 18, 2005
  5. rwrede

    The One Guest

    "rwrede" <> wrote in message
    > I downloaded the latest version update (1.0.3) plus two new themes. I
    > restarted firefox and chose one of the new themes, it said there "was no
    > preview image" so I wanted to see what it looked like. Now the browser is
    > just a garbled mess, I can't change the theme back the way it was because
    > the menus don't work. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but it is the

    same.
    > I tried manually changing the theme in the Profile folder but to no avail.
    > Without doing a windows "System Restore" what can I do?

    Internet Explorer

    The One, Apr 19, 2005
  6. rwrede

    Watchman Guest

    The One wrote:

    > "rwrede" <> wrote in message
    > > I downloaded the latest version update (1.0.3) plus two new themes. I
    > > restarted firefox and chose one of the new themes, it said there "was no
    > > preview image" so I wanted to see what it looked like. Now the browser is
    > > just a garbled mess, I can't change the theme back the way it was because
    > > the menus don't work. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but it is the

    > same.
    > > I tried manually changing the theme in the Profile folder but to no avail.
    > > Without doing a windows "System Restore" what can I do?
    > >

    > Internet Explorer

    That was a joke, right?

    Watchman :)
    --
    'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

    Watchman, Apr 20, 2005
  7. rwrede

    The One Guest

    "Watchman" <> wrote in message
    > The One wrote:
    > >
    > > "rwrede" <> wrote in message
    > > > I downloaded the latest version update (1.0.3) plus two new themes. I
    > > > restarted firefox and chose one of the new themes, it said there "was

    no
    > > > preview image" so I wanted to see what it looked like. Now the browser

    is
    > > > just a garbled mess, I can't change the theme back the way it was

    because
    > > > the menus don't work. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but it is the

    > > same.
    > > > I tried manually changing the theme in the Profile folder but to no

    avail.
    > > > Without doing a windows "System Restore" what can I do?
    > > >

    > > Internet Explorer

    > That was a joke, right?
    >
    > Watchman :)
    > --
    > 'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

    No wasnt a joke IE is better than FF.

    The One, Apr 20, 2005
  8. rwrede

    Moz Champion Guest

    The One wrote:
    > "Watchman" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>The One wrote:
    >>
    >>>"rwrede" <> wrote in message

    > no

    > is

    > because

    >>>same.

    > avail.

    >>>Internet Explorer

    >>That was a joke, right?
    >>
    >>Watchman :)
    >>--
    >> 'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

    > No wasnt a joke IE is better than FF.

    Ah, the joke was the poster <g>

    Moz Champion, Apr 20, 2005