    2) I use OE for mail. Can I use Firefox AND OE??

    3) Will pages load much faster with Firefox??

    Mel

    MB_, Mar 8, 2005

  2. MB_

    Old Gringo Guest

    MB_ wrote:
    > I keep reading about this browser.
    >
    > I have a Dell Dim. 2400 system with XP Home.
    >
    > I've been using IE.
    >
    > Some basic questions:
    >
    > 1) If I go to Firefox, when I d/l it, can I make it my default browser but
    > keep IE and switch to it if needed??
    >
    > 2) I use OE for mail. Can I use Firefox AND OE??
    >
    > 3) Will pages load much faster with Firefox??
    >
    > Mel

    Get your info straight from the horses mouth:
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/index.html
    You are the only one to answer your questions.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Mar 8, 2005

  3. MB_

    DaveG Guest

    MB_ wrote:

    > I keep reading about this browser.
    > I have a Dell Dim. 2400 system with XP Home.
    > I've been using IE.
    > Some basic questions:
    > 1) If I go to Firefox, when I d/l it, can I make it my default browser but
    > keep IE and switch to it if needed??

    yeah

    > 2) I use OE for mail. Can I use Firefox AND OE??

    yeah

    > 3) Will pages load much faster with Firefox??

    Yeah, well not MUCH faster but faster and you'll not get as many pops
    up,adverts and all that BS that IE likes to load, so IN SOME CASES web
    pages will load much faster.
    You'll find very little spyware/malicious cookies in your web cache file
    when you scan for spyware after using Firefox.

    DaveG, Mar 8, 2005
  4. MB_

    elaich Guest

    "MB_" <> wrote in

    > 1) If I go to Firefox, when I d/l it, can I make it my default browser
    > but keep IE and switch to it if needed??

    Yes, but after using Firefox for awhile and learning to customize it with
    extensions, you won't want to. You can make it do most anything you want
    to.

    > 2) I use OE for mail. Can I use Firefox AND OE??

    Firefox is a browser only. You can use OE or any other mail program.

    > 3) Will pages load much faster with Firefox??

    Yes, because Firefox blocks popups. Also, if you install the Adblock
    extension, you can block any and all ads you desire from loading, which
    speeds things up even more.

    elaich, Mar 8, 2005
  5. MB_

    Jerry G. Guest

    Go to http://www.firefox.com You will like it very much. It runs on its
    own engine, and not as part of IE, as many of the other browsers do. You may
    find it to load a bit slower when you start it up. As for browsing, it is
    super-deluxe. You will find that there are no popups. It is very resistive
    to allow adwares, and spywares to install in to the computer.

    You can set it as the default browser. I ended up using both of them,
    depending on what I want to do. With Firefox, you can do almost any type of
    configuration you would want from a browser. It has a very powerful setup
    capability, and yet it is very easy to use and customize.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Mar 8, 2005
  6. MB_ wrote:
    > I keep reading about this browser.

    > I have a Dell Dim. 2400 system with XP Home.

    > I've been using IE.

    > Some basic questions:

    > 1) If I go to Firefox, when I d/l it, can I make it my default browser but
    > keep IE and switch to it if needed??

    Yes.

    > 2) I use OE for mail. Can I use Firefox AND OE??

    OE sucks, but yes you can.

    > 3) Will pages load much faster with Firefox??

    I don't know. Is that more important than flexability, configurability,
    security and modern features?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 9, 2005