Firefox browser problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Toby, Feb 24, 2007.

  1. Toby

    Toby Guest

    I'm having a problem with Mozilla Firefox--wondering if anyone has
    suggestions on how to solve the problem or can point me in the right
    direction (forums? FAQs?)

    I've been using FF for quite a while and have been pretty happy with it.
    Last week all the bookmarks in my "Bookmarks" folder disappeared. I can now
    no longer save bookmarks in that folder. When the dialog box comes up and I
    click "OK" it just sits there, refusing to do anything until I hit "Cancel".
    It will save bookmarks in other folders, but they are blank, making guessing
    which is which quite a game.

    I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling and reinstalling, and now upgrading to
    2.02. No help. The FAQ suggests making a new profile, and indeed when I do
    so everything works normally, but of course then I have *no* bookmarks at
    all--I have to start from scratch.

    Any idea how to import bookmarks from one profile into another? Any idea
    where the bookmarks folder is in the first place so that I can try to just
    physically move them over. I've been checking in the FF directory and it
    doesn't seem obvious.

    MTIA for any suggestions,

    Toby
    Toby, Feb 24, 2007

  2. Toby

    VWWall Guest

    Toby wrote:

    > Any idea how to import bookmarks from one profile into another? Any idea
    > where the bookmarks folder is in the first place so that I can try to just
    > physically move them over. I've been checking in the FF directory and it
    > doesn't seem obvious.

    The bookmarks are in "bookmarks.html" which is in:

    C:\Documents and Settings\*User*\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\dqstcnp2.slt

    where: *User* is your user name and "dqstcnp2.slt" is a random file
    name, set up by FireFox. Just copy bookmarks.html to the now profile,
    overwriting the one there.

    The new 2.0.2.0 Version of FireFox just came out today.

    --
    Virg Wall, P.E.
    VWWall, Feb 24, 2007

  3. Toby