    Hope this makes sense....

    Thanks!

    Ivan, Norway
    Ivanovitsj, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Ivanovitsj

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:25:51 +0200, "Ivanovitsj"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi, is there any way I can have my bookmarks look like my bookmarks in IE?
    >I've just installed Mozilla Firefox,
    >and it's a little bit confusing having the "single" bookmarks mixed in with
    >the individual folders. I was hoping I could sort them like this, from top
    >to bottom:
    >
    >Alphabetized bookmark folders =>
    >Alphabetized single bookmarks.
    >
    >Hope this makes sense....
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >Ivan, Norway

    Hi Ivan,
    So long as you have the most recent version of Firefox, Version 1
    'Preview Release', you can download a 'Sort Bookmarks' extension from

    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=102

    You need to click on both 'Install' buttons, the upper
    one first, below 'This extension sorts etc.' and then grant permission
    for FF to download from that site and then the lower for the actual
    installation.

    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Oct 23, 2004

  3. Ivanovitsj

    Ivanovitsj Guest

    Reg Mouatt wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:25:51 +0200, "Ivanovitsj"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi, is there any way I can have my bookmarks look like my bookmarks in IE?
    >>I've just installed Mozilla Firefox,
    >>and it's a little bit confusing having the "single" bookmarks mixed in with
    >>the individual folders. I was hoping I could sort them like this, from top
    >>to bottom:
    >>
    >>Alphabetized bookmark folders =>
    >>Alphabetized single bookmarks.
    >>
    >>Hope this makes sense....
    >>
    >>Thanks!
    >>
    >>Ivan, Norway

    > Hi Ivan,
    > So long as you have the most recent version of Firefox, Version 1
    > 'Preview Release', you can download a 'Sort Bookmarks' extension from
    >
    > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=102
    >
    > You need to click on both 'Install' buttons, the upper
    > one first, below 'This extension sorts etc.' and then grant permission
    > for FF to download from that site and then the lower for the actual
    > installation.
    >
    > Reg

    Hey, that did it. Excellent!
    Thanks for Your help, Reg!
    This browser rocks!!!

    Ivan
    Ivanovitsj, Oct 23, 2004
  4. Ivanovitsj

    daytona Guest

    Thanks Reg
    That was also bothering me.........after awhile I finally figured out the
    download process
    the upper is for the earlier version of FF and the lower is for the newer
    version
    GREAT and many thanks to the person who took time to come up with that
    daytona, Oct 24, 2004
  5. Ivanovitsj

    Elton Noway Guest

    Ivanovitsj <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Reg Mouatt wrote:
    > > On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:25:51 +0200, "Ivanovitsj"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >

    > >>Hi, is there any way I can have my bookmarks look like my bookmarks in IE?
    > >>I've just installed Mozilla Firefox,
    > >>and it's a little bit confusing having the "single" bookmarks mixed in with
    > >>the individual folders. I was hoping I could sort them like this, from top
    > >>to bottom:
    > >>
    > >>Alphabetized bookmark folders =>
    > >>Alphabetized single bookmarks.
    > >>
    > >>Hope this makes sense....

    I also had this problem and was looking for the same solution.
    Although Reg already provided a fix, I found an alternate and very
    simple fix thats easy to install. Just go to this URL. The fix
    (download)is automatic. Simply click on "Install now" when prompted.
    The file name is: Sort_Bookmarks_0.5.1_pass1.xpi

    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/extfirefox/Sort_Bookmarks_0.5.1_pass1.xpi

    If you don't like the idea of an automatic install program running
    from a website, you can downloaded the file to your harddrive. Once
    downloaded, simply open a Firefox browser window, go to the location
    where you saved the file, and "drag" the file and "drop" it on the
    open firefox window. Accept the update when prompted and Bingo the
    Sort Bookmarks funtions sorts Alphabetized bookmark foldersfolders
    first, followed by Alphabetized single bookmarks.

    Elton
    Elton Noway, Oct 27, 2004