    Dave Guest

    Where (in the typical Windows installation - Windows 7 in this case)
    does Firefox store its bookmarks?
    Dave, Oct 4, 2010

  2. Dave

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/4/2010 7:39 AM Just to please that super-ego, Dave wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > Where (in the typical Windows installation - Windows 7 in this case)
    > does Firefox store its bookmarks?

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox
    Good Luck

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Oct 4, 2010

  3. Dave

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 04/10/2010 13:39, Dave wrote:
    > Where (in the typical Windows installation - Windows 7 in this case)
    > does Firefox store its bookmarks?

    Google: where does firefox store its bookmarks

    About 3,350,000 results (0.23 seconds)
    Desk Rabbit, Oct 4, 2010
  4. Dave

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/4/2010 9:18 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > On 04/10/2010 13:39, Dave wrote:
    >> Where (in the typical Windows installation - Windows 7 in this case)
    >> does Firefox store its bookmarks?

    > Google: where does firefox store its bookmarks
    >
    > About 3,350,000 results (0.23 seconds)

    Ha ! But which one is the right one.

    OldGringo38, Oct 4, 2010
  5. Dave

    Mike Easter Guest

    Dave wrote:
    > Where (in the typical Windows installation - Windows 7 in this case)
    > does Firefox store its bookmarks?

    If you are in Firefox, your Help menu or F1 will bring up the moz
    support with a search tool.

    If you put bookmarks into the search tool, you will get quite a number
    of hits (but less than google's millions).

    One of those hits is Profiles, because the profiles discussion includes
    bookmarks.

    For your first click after you hit F1, click the profiles link (4th down
    for me) and get this page
    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles?s=bookmarks&as=s Did you
    know that all the settings you make in Firefox, like your home page,
    what toolbars you use, saved passwords and bookmarks are all stored in a
    special profile folder? - How to find your profile

    So, you could have found the answer yourself with one keyclick and one
    mouse press instead of asking the question here which took more
    keyclicks and mouse presses.

    But then we wouldn't be having this conversation/thread :)

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Oct 4, 2010
  6. Dave wrote:
    > Where (in the typical Windows installation - Windows 7 in this case)
    > does Firefox store its bookmarks?

    its in the file marked "yer mom".

    <nods>
    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 4, 2010
  7. Dave

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 09:07:54 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > Dave wrote:
    >> Where (in the typical Windows installation - Windows 7 in this case)
    >> does Firefox store its bookmarks?

    > its in the file marked "yer mom".

    Another psychotic episode brewing? Look here:
    http://mentalhealth.about.com/od/psychopharmacology/l/bldrug4.htm
    and write down a few to talk to a psychiatrist about.

    Your Medicaid card should pay for everything.

    HTH
    HAND

    Meat Plow, Oct 4, 2010
  8. Dave

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/4/2010 10:39 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 09:07:54 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> Dave wrote:
    >>> Where (in the typical Windows installation - Windows 7 in this case)
    >>> does Firefox store its bookmarks?

    >> its in the file marked "yer mom".

    > Another psychotic episode brewing? Look here:
    > http://mentalhealth.about.com/od/psychopharmacology/l/bldrug4.htm
    > and write down a few to talk to a psychiatrist about.
    >
    > Your Medicaid card should pay for everything.
    >
    > HTH
    > HAND

    Ah ! so now he can contribute that his mental state is caused by Global
    Warming (Oh Boy)

    OldGringo38, Oct 4, 2010
  9. Dave

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 04/10/2010 15:25, OldGringo38 wrote:
    > On 10/4/2010 9:18 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    > the following tidbit of information:
    >> On 04/10/2010 13:39, Dave wrote:
    >>> Where (in the typical Windows installation - Windows 7 in this case)
    >>> does Firefox store its bookmarks?

    >> Google: where does firefox store its bookmarks
    >>
    >> About 3,350,000 results (0.23 seconds)

    > Ha ! But which one is the right one.

    Which ever one covers the unmentioned Firefox version number but adding
    Windows 7 to the end of the search string does give a more limited set
    of results I'll grant you that.
    Desk Rabbit, Oct 4, 2010
  10. Dave

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/4/2010 11:59 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > On 04/10/2010 15:25, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 10/4/2010 9:18 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> Google: where does firefox store its bookmarks
    >>>
    >>> About 3,350,000 results (0.23 seconds)

    >> Ha ! But which one is the right one.
    >>

    > Which ever one covers the unmentioned Firefox version number but adding
    > Windows 7 to the end of the search string does give a more limited set
    > of results I'll grant you that.

    :)

    OldGringo38, Oct 4, 2010
  11. Dave

    chuckcar Guest

    Dave <> wrote in

    > Where (in the typical Windows installation - Windows 7 in this case)
    > does Firefox store its bookmarks?

    Whyever would you need to know? you can both remove and add them inside
    of firefox. If you want to back up, just export them.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 5, 2010