Firefox Bookmarks

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Barry Karas, Jun 3, 2006.

  1. Barry Karas

    Barry Karas Guest

    3/Jun/2006 11:54

    Suddenly, my Firefox Bookmarks (Favorites in Windows Explorer) only go from
    A to C. How can I make them go further?

    Thank you,

    Barry Karas

    Barry Karas, Jun 3, 2006

  2. Barry Karas

    gwtc Guest

    Barry Karas wrote:

    > 3/Jun/2006 11:54
    >
    > Suddenly, my Firefox Bookmarks (Favorites in Windows Explorer) only go from
    > A to C. How can I make them go further?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Barry Karas

    what do you mean they only go from A to C? Where are you looking?
    Are you looking in the Bookmark Manager?

    --
    Interesting Modern Philosophies: Never put both feet in your mouth at
    the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

    gwtc, Jun 3, 2006

  3. Barry Karas

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:41:27 -0400, in message <>,
    Barry Karas wrote:

    > 3/Jun/2006 11:54
    >
    > Suddenly, my Firefox Bookmarks (Favorites in Windows Explorer) only go from
    > A to C. How can I make them go further?

    Assuming the problem is caused by Firefox only partly saving a
    new bookmarks.html file, and assuming your Firefox is not older
    than version 1.5, then:
    Look in the "bookmarkbackups" sub-directory of your user profile
    directory for a backup copy of your bookmarks.html file.

    User profile directory locations -- http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph