    toolbar folder with the two default Mozilla addresses.

    Anyone have a suggestion?

    Derek

    dkearney, Mar 26, 2006

  2. dkearney

    gwtc Guest

    dkearney wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > When I open in tabs, instead of getting the pulldown window with all
    > the latest headlines, it opens another "Products; Mozilla corporation
    >
    > My laptop opens the headlines just fine. I tried deleting Firefox and
    > reinstalling, but all my bookmarks were saved, including the Bookmarks
    > toolbar folder with the two default Mozilla addresses.
    >
    > Anyone have a suggestion?
    >
    > Derek

    stop fiddling around with uninstalling and reinstalling. All your
    settings, prefs, bookmarks, etc are stored in an area called your
    profile. This is separate from the program. When you uninstall, all
    you're doing is removing the program and not the profile. When you
    reinstall, then the program will pick up the profile and start using
    it again.

    Close FF and make sure its closed, by bringing up the task manager
    [ctrl+alt+del) and make sure its not running there. Once its fully
    close, then click on Start, Run, and enter exactly:

    Firefox.exe -p

    this will bring up the FF Profile Manager, and create a new profile
    and try that out. Does the problem still happen in that one?

    gwtc, Mar 27, 2006