    Is there a way to move folders in bookmarks? I can move individual
    bookmarks but not folders. In IE, I can just drag a folder but that
    doesn't seem to work in Firefox.

    Brian, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Brian

    Doug G Guest

    Brian wrote:

    > Is there a way to move folders in bookmarks? I can move individual
    > bookmarks but not folders. In IE, I can just drag a folder but that
    > doesn't seem to work in Firefox.

    I can drag a folder in the right pane of the Bookmark Manager or when
    viewing bookmarks in the sidebar (Ctrl+B).

    Doug G, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Brian

    xModem Guest

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:01:05 -0400, Brian <> wrote:

    >Is there a way to move folders in bookmarks? I can move individual
    >bookmarks but not folders. In IE, I can just drag a folder but that
    >doesn't seem to work in Firefox.

    In the Bookmark Manager, use the right hand pane to do your dragging.

    xModem, Apr 26, 2005
  4. Brian

    Brian Guest

    xModem <> wrote:

    >In the Bookmark Manager, use the right hand pane to do your dragging.

    That's what I would have thought but it doesn't seem to work. Could it
    be because they are imported bookmarks?

    Brian, Apr 27, 2005
  5. Brian

    xModem Guest

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:53:14 -0400, xModem <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:01:05 -0400, Brian <> wrote:
    >
    >>Is there a way to move folders in bookmarks? I can move individual
    >>bookmarks but not folders. In IE, I can just drag a folder but that
    >>doesn't seem to work in Firefox.

    >In the Bookmark Manager, use the right hand pane to do your dragging.

    Are you sure you aren't doing it from the Bookmarks dropdown?

    Just to reiterate, open Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, and expand it to
    fullscreen. You should have 2 panes. You should be able to drag and drop
    from the right hand pane.

    Failing that, I'm at a loss.

    xModem, Apr 27, 2005
  6. Brian

    Brian Guest

    xModem <> wrote:

    >Just to reiterate, open Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, and expand it to
    >fullscreen. You should have 2 panes. You should be able to drag and drop
    >from the right hand pane.
    >
    >Failing that, I'm at a loss.

    That's what I'm doing.
    When I try to drop it in a new location, it just goes back to the old
    location. Is there some type of lock that I'm not seeing?

    Brian, Apr 28, 2005
  7. Brian

    xModem Guest

    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:26:27 -0400, Brian <> wrote:

    >xModem <> wrote:
    >

    >>Just to reiterate, open Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, and expand it to
    >>fullscreen. You should have 2 panes. You should be able to drag and drop
    >>from the right hand pane.
    >>
    >>Failing that, I'm at a loss.

    >That's what I'm doing.
    >When I try to drop it in a new location, it just goes back to the old
    >location. Is there some type of lock that I'm not seeing?

    Haven't a clue. I tried marking the file Read Only, but you'd know if that
    was the case as you couldn't save a bookmark.
    Sorry...
    Maybe someone else knows?

    xModem, Apr 28, 2005
  8. Brian

    ric Guest

    Brian wrote:

    > >Just to reiterate, open Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, and expand it to
    > >fullscreen. You should have 2 panes. You should be able to drag and drop
    > >from the right hand pane.
    > >
    > >Failing that, I'm at a loss.

    > That's what I'm doing.
    > When I try to drop it in a new location, it just goes back to the old
    > location. Is there some type of lock that I'm not seeing?

    Are you seeing a "line" as you move the cursor to the new location? Exit
    "BOOKMARKS MANAGER" and go back into bookmarks. You'll see that the folder
    HAS moved to the new location. I moved mine to the top of the bookmark
    list.

    ric, Apr 28, 2005
  9. Brian

    Brian Guest

    ric <> wrote:

    >Are you seeing a "line" as you move the cursor to the new location? Exit
    >"BOOKMARKS MANAGER" and go back into bookmarks. You'll see that the folder
    >HAS moved to the new location. I moved mine to the top of the bookmark
    >list.

    For some reason, it seems to work now. I had tried what you suggested
    before but they hadn't stayed.
    Thanks

    Brian, Apr 29, 2005