    not using that one because when I delete it, the bookmarks still work
    in firefox. I want to copy my bookmark.html file from another
    computer, but where would I put it?

    Paul, May 9, 2008

  2. Paul

    Paul Guest

    On May 8, 8:35 pm, Paul <> wrote:
    > I have installed firefox 2.0.0.14 on windows xp professional, and the
    > bookmarks work ok. However, I don't find bookmarks.html anywhere under
    > the documents and settings folders or subfolders. I have windows
    > explorer set to show hidden files. Where can firefox be getting it's
    > bookmarks from? I searched the drive for bookmarks, and the only one I
    > find is in Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile, and it's
    > not using that one because when I delete it, the bookmarks still work
    > in firefox. I want to copy my bookmark.html file from another
    > computer, but where would I put it?

    OK, I found the problem. I failed to check off "search hidden files
    and folders" when searching for bookmarks.html

    Paul, May 9, 2008

  3. Paul wrote:
    > I have installed firefox 2.0.0.14 on windows xp professional, and the
    > bookmarks work ok. However, I don't find bookmarks.html anywhere under
    > the documents and settings folders or subfolders. I have windows
    > explorer set to show hidden files. Where can firefox be getting it's
    > bookmarks from? I searched the drive for bookmarks, and the only one I
    > find is in Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile, and it's
    > not using that one because when I delete it, the bookmarks still work
    > in firefox. I want to copy my bookmark.html file from another
    > computer, but where would I put it?

    if you can't find it then do this: copy the set of bookmarks
    from the other computer and place it anywhere you want in
    the new computer. Then from FF, click on Bookmarks,
    Organize Bookmarks, then File, Import and import from the
    file. Now locate the bookmark file you just placed on the
    hard drive, and import that file.

    To copy the set of bookmarks, then just reverse everything
    by using Export.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, May 9, 2008