    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 18, 2006

  2. On 18 Dec 2006 23:19:02 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >Background: I have my two primary news clients (Linux alrn on my desktop
    >and Win Xnews on my laptop) using the same newsrc file, which is on a
    >USB flash drive, so that when I move from one system to the other I have
    >nothing at all to do to keep those news clients synced except to move
    >the flash drive when I move.[1]
    >
    >Question: I'd like to get Firefox on those machines to similarly share a
    >bookmarks.html file on that flash drive. Yes, I know that I can
    >import/export bookmarks.html every time I move from one system to
    >another. But I want it all. :) I want each copy of FF to simply get
    >its bookmark file from that drive so I don't have to the
    >importing/exporting every time. Is there any way to do this?
    >
    >[1] Better yet, Xnews is actually *running* on that flash drive, and
    >sharing its newsrc with the other machine's slrn.

    Okay, just go with [1] and you should be set.

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Dec 19, 2006

  3. Re: Firefox Bookmarks - Alternate File Location SOLUTION

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Question: I'd like to get Firefox on those machines to similarly share a
    > bookmarks.html file on that flash drive. Yes, I know that I can
    > import/export bookmarks.html every time I move from one system to
    > another. But I want it all. :) I want each copy of FF to simply get
    > its bookmark file from that drive so I don't have to the
    > importing/exporting every time. Is there any way to do this?

    Solved.

    alt:config

    Make new setting

    browser.bookmarks.file [path to shared file]

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 19, 2006
  4. Re: Firefox Bookmarks - Alternate File Location SOLUTION

    On 19 Dec 2006 05:01:04 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Question: I'd like to get Firefox on those machines to similarly share a
    >> bookmarks.html file on that flash drive. Yes, I know that I can
    >> import/export bookmarks.html every time I move from one system to
    >> another. But I want it all. :) I want each copy of FF to simply get
    >> its bookmark file from that drive so I don't have to the
    >> importing/exporting every time. Is there any way to do this?

    >Solved.
    >
    >alt:config
    >
    >Make new setting
    >
    >browser.bookmarks.file [path to shared file]

    Correct you are, sir.

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Dec 19, 2006
  5. Re: Firefox Bookmarks - Alternate File Location SOLUTION

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Question: I'd like to get Firefox on those machines to similarly
    >> share a bookmarks.html file on that flash drive. Yes, I know that I
    >> can import/export bookmarks.html every time I move from one system
    >> to another. But I want it all. :) I want each copy of FF to
    >> simply get its bookmark file from that drive so I don't have to the
    >> importing/exporting every time. Is there any way to do this?

    > Solved.
    >
    > alt:config

    about:config ?

    > Make new setting
    >
    > browser.bookmarks.file [path to shared file]

    That's a non-standard setting that you added, correct? I don't have
    that with 1.5.0.8.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 19, 2006
  6. Re: Firefox Bookmarks - Alternate File Location SOLUTION

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>
    >>> Question: I'd like to get Firefox on those machines to similarly
    >>> share a bookmarks.html file on that flash drive. Yes, I know that I
    >>> can import/export bookmarks.html every time I move from one system
    >>> to another. But I want it all. :) I want each copy of FF to
    >>> simply get its bookmark file from that drive so I don't have to the
    >>> importing/exporting every time. Is there any way to do this?

    >> Solved.
    >>
    >> alt:config

    > about:config ?

    Yeah, that. :)

    >> Make new setting
    >>
    >> browser.bookmarks.file [path to shared file]

    > That's a non-standard setting that you added, correct? I don't have
    > that with 1.5.0.8.

    Yes, I added that parameter.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 19, 2006