    there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
    bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
    that works. ??

    GraB, Oct 15, 2004

  2. GraB

    Collector_NZ Guest

    GraB said the following on 15/10/2004 21:32:
    > Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
    > there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
    > bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
    > that works. ??

    No short way but if you choose bookmarks >managebookmarks then you get
    an explorer like interface that you can drag and drop the bookmarks.

    Collector_NZ, Oct 15, 2004

  3. GraB

    Geronimo! Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:32:18 +1300, GraB <> wrote:

    >Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
    >there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
    >bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
    >that works. ??

    There is a Extension that you can dnload to fix that..

    Why we have to do that is beyond me..

    A real cock up to me..

    Geronimo!, Oct 15, 2004
  4. GraB

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Geronimo! wrote:
    > On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:32:18 +1300, GraB <> wrote:
    >

    >>Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
    >>there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
    >>bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
    >>that works. ??

    > There is a Extension that you can dnload to fix that..

    Whats it called ?

    Chris Mayhew, Oct 15, 2004
  5. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:01:27 +1300, Geronimo!
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:32:18 +1300, GraB <> wrote:
    >
    >>Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
    >>there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
    >>bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
    >>that works. ??

    >There is a Extension that you can dnload to fix that..
    >
    >Why we have to do that is beyond me..
    >
    >A real cock up to me..

    Perhaps. The extension I tried wouldn't install because it wouldn't
    work with the current version of Firefox.

    GraB, Oct 15, 2004
  6. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:44:29 +1300, Collector_NZ
    <> wrote:

    >GraB said the following on 15/10/2004 21:32:
    >> Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
    >> there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
    >> bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
    >> that works. ??

    >No short way but if you choose bookmarks >managebookmarks then you get
    >an explorer like interface that you can drag and drop the bookmarks.

    I did try dragging folders up to the top but that didn't seem to work.
    When looking for bookmark extensions there are only 4 in total. They
    are going to have to fix the bookmarks.

    GraB, Oct 15, 2004
  7. GraB

    samg Guest

    GraB <> wrote in news:5d2vm05ng1bvgdt5o2fvqaqs8fqtt1nqje@
    4ax.com:

    > Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
    > there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
    > bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
    > that works. ??

    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/sortbookmarks

    to get it going in 1.0 PR see post #66 on the above link.

    samg, Oct 15, 2004
  8. GraB

    samg Guest

    Geronimo! <> wrote in

    > There is a Extension that you can dnload to fix that..
    >
    > Why we have to do that is beyond me..
    >
    > A real cock up to me..

    bloody weird all right.

    samg, Oct 15, 2004
  9. GraB

    Collector_NZ Guest

    GraB said the following on 16/10/2004 03:31:
    > On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:44:29 +1300, Collector_NZ
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>GraB said the following on 15/10/2004 21:32:
    >>
    >>>Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
    >>>there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
    >>>bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
    >>>that works. ??

    >>No short way but if you choose bookmarks >managebookmarks then you get
    >>an explorer like interface that you can drag and drop the bookmarks.

    > I did try dragging folders up to the top but that didn't seem to work.
    > When looking for bookmark extensions there are only 4 in total. They
    > are going to have to fix the bookmarks.

    I am using Firefox 1.0.1 PRC and drag and drop in bookmark manager works
    for me. Perhaps you have a software problem?

    Collector_NZ, Oct 15, 2004
  10. GraB

    Collector_NZ Guest

    GraB said the following on 16/10/2004 03:31:
    > On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:44:29 +1300, Collector_NZ
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>GraB said the following on 15/10/2004 21:32:
    >>
    >>>Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
    >>>there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
    >>>bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
    >>>that works. ??

    >>No short way but if you choose bookmarks >managebookmarks then you get
    >>an explorer like interface that you can drag and drop the bookmarks.

    > I did try dragging folders up to the top but that didn't seem to work.
    > When looking for bookmark extensions there are only 4 in total. They
    > are going to have to fix the bookmarks.

    Opps should have mentioned Drag and drop only works in the right hand
    pane not the tree on the left pane -:)

    Collector_NZ, Oct 15, 2004
  11. GraB

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    samg wrote:
    > GraB <> wrote in news:5d2vm05ng1bvgdt5o2fvqaqs8fqtt1nqje@
    > 4ax.com:
    >

    >>Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
    >>there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
    >>bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
    >>that works. ??

    > http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/sortbookmarks
    >
    > to get it going in 1.0 PR see post #66 on the above link.

    The link refered to in the above article doesn't work anymore but this
    one does

    https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=51&vid=54

    Followed the same procedure and all is well

    Thanks samg

    Chris Mayhew, Oct 16, 2004
  12. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 13:09:05 +1300, Chris Mayhew <user^^^@example.net>
    wrote:

    >samg wrote:
    >> GraB <> wrote in news:5d2vm05ng1bvgdt5o2fvqaqs8fqtt1nqje@
    >> 4ax.com:
    >>

    >>>Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
    >>>there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
    >>>bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
    >>>that works. ??

    >> http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/sortbookmarks
    >>
    >> to get it going in 1.0 PR see post #66 on the above link.

    >The link refered to in the above article doesn't work anymore but this
    >one does
    >
    >https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=51&vid=54
    >
    >Followed the same procedure and all is well
    >
    >Thanks samg

    OK, downloaded Sort Bookmarks 0.5.0.1 and opened it in Firefox 1PR but
    it says it will not install because it is only compatible with Firefox
    up to 0.9.

    GraB, Oct 16, 2004
  13. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:08:56 +1300, Collector_NZ
    <> wrote:

    >GraB said the following on 16/10/2004 03:31:
    >> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:44:29 +1300, Collector_NZ
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>No short way but if you choose bookmarks >managebookmarks then you get
    >>>an explorer like interface that you can drag and drop the bookmarks.

    >> I did try dragging folders up to the top but that didn't seem to work.
    >> When looking for bookmark extensions there are only 4 in total. They
    >> are going to have to fix the bookmarks.

    >I am using Firefox 1.0.1 PRC and drag and drop in bookmark manager works
    >for me. Perhaps you have a software problem?

    Figured it out. You have to have it on 'unsorted', in View menu.

    GraB, Oct 16, 2004
  14. GraB

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    GraB wrote:
    > On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 13:09:05 +1300, Chris Mayhew <user^^^@example.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>samg wrote:
    >>
    >>>GraB <> wrote in news:5d2vm05ng1bvgdt5o2fvqaqs8fqtt1nqje@
    >>>4ax.com:

    >>>http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/sortbookmarks
    >>>
    >>>to get it going in 1.0 PR see post #66 on the above link.

    >>The link refered to in the above article doesn't work anymore but this
    >>one does
    >>
    >>https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=51&vid=54
    >>
    >>Followed the same procedure and all is well
    >>
    >>Thanks samg

    > OK, downloaded Sort Bookmarks 0.5.0.1 and opened it in Firefox 1PR but
    > it says it will not install because it is only compatible with Firefox
    > up to 0.9.

    But you need to go to the first link to get the instructions on how to
    edit the install.rdf file thats in the xpi.

    OK, so I tripped myself up on the tab bar xpi, but I did get this one to
    work.

    Chris Mayhew, Oct 16, 2004
  15. GraB

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:32:18 +1300, GraB wrote:

    > Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
    > there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
    > bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
    > that works. ??

    Note well people, Firefox out of the archive is ready to be modified to
    your desires. What clour scheme do you you want and what shape do you want.

    Themes and Extensions, they are under Tools. The files are small but they
    sure do change the look and feel of Firefox. Add a few extensions and all
    of a sudden the idea of the version of Firefox seems irelevent, as Seven
    of Nine would say.

    Get used to the idea that out of the archive Firefox is only to be run.
    Open source does not work this way.

    Gordon, Oct 16, 2004
  16. GraB

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <4170850b$1_4@127.0.0.1>, user^^^@example.net says...
    > GraB wrote:
    > > On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 13:09:05 +1300, Chris Mayhew <user^^^@example.net>
    > > wrote:

    > >>The link refered to in the above article doesn't work anymore but this
    > >>one does
    > >>
    > >>https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=51&vid=54
    > >>
    > >>Followed the same procedure and all is well
    > >>
    > >>Thanks samg

    > > OK, downloaded Sort Bookmarks 0.5.0.1 and opened it in Firefox 1PR but
    > > it says it will not install because it is only compatible with Firefox
    > > up to 0.9.

    > But you need to go to the first link to get the instructions on how to
    > edit the install.rdf file thats in the xpi.
    >
    > OK, so I tripped myself up on the tab bar xpi, but I did get this one to
    > work.

    Hey Chris

    I had same problem and didn't see that link. Just had another look and
    can't see it. Do you have a link to the instructions at all ? There was
    another that didn't work also when I upgraded to 1pr..... download all
    extension was handy for all links on a page but it too is broke. Maybe
    if I poke around tonite at the update site I may find an answer.
    bAZZ..>>

    bAZZ, Oct 16, 2004
  17. GraB

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    bAZZ wrote:
    > In article <4170850b$1_4@127.0.0.1>, user^^^@example.net says...
    >
    >>GraB wrote:

    >>>OK, downloaded Sort Bookmarks 0.5.0.1 and opened it in Firefox 1PR but
    >>>it says it will not install because it is only compatible with Firefox
    >>>up to 0.9.

    >>But you need to go to the first link to get the instructions on how to
    >>edit the install.rdf file thats in the xpi.
    >>
    >>OK, so I tripped myself up on the tab bar xpi, but I did get this one to
    >>work.
    >>

    > Hey Chris
    >
    > I had same problem and didn't see that link. Just had another look and
    > can't see it. Do you have a link to the instructions at all ? There was
    > another that didn't work also when I upgraded to 1pr..... download all
    > extension was handy for all links on a page but it too is broke. Maybe
    > if I poke around tonite at the update site I may find an answer.

    You need to go here:
    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/sortbookmarks
    scroll down to #66 - for the instructions. the link given in the
    instructions doesn't lead anywhere so I went here to download the
    xpi:https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/showlist.php?category=All
    I selected version 0.9.x to filter the extensions and arrived at
    http://tinyurl.com/5a7fd I clicked on bookmarks and arrived here:
    http://tinyurl.com/5gbhr and scrolled down to "Sort Bookmarks 0.5.0.1"
    and download that xpi. It can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/6dn26
    or here: https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=51&vid=54

    You need to right click to save to disk, change the *.xpi to *.zip, find
    the install.rdf file in the package and edit it as per the instructions,
    then rezip the files and folders and change the *.zip back to *.xpi

    The actual instructions are:

    Submitted by: drossign on Monday 4th October 2004 at 09:20 -0400

    Okay, here's exactly what I did on my WinXp machines...

    Go to this url...
    http://www.firefoxtweaks.com/go.php?id=Extensions&ext_cat=3#15

    Right-click on the icon that looks like a disk and choose "Save
    Link As"

    Save it someplace (I chose the Desktop)

    Change the extension of the downloaded file to .zip (in other words
    edit the file name)

    Open the file in WinZip (or zip utility of choice)

    Edit the install.rdf file replacing this line...
    <em:maxVersion>0.9</em:maxVersion>
    with this line...
    <em:maxVersion>1.0</em:maxVersion>

    Save the install.rdf file and make sure it's still part of the zip
    file.

    Replace the .zip extension with .xpi (in other words edit the
    filename again)

    Open FireFox and choose "Open File..." from the File menu.

    Select your new .xpi file and it should begin the install process.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040913
    Firefox/0.10

    Chris Mayhew, Oct 16, 2004
  18. GraB

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <4170c216$1_4@127.0.0.1>, user^^^@example.net says...
    Open FireFox and choose "Open File..." from the File menu.

    > Select your new .xpi file and it should begin the install process.
    > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040913
    > Firefox/0.10

    Thanx heaps for that. Just off there now to check it out. Just went to
    print your post and damn printer is refusing to go ( HP 6L). Gonna be
    one of those nites.....

    bAZZ..>>

    bAZZ, Oct 16, 2004
  19. GraB

    GraB Guest

    >You need to go here:
    >http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/sortbookmarks
    >scroll down to #66 - for the instructions. the link given in the
    >instructions doesn't lead anywhere so I went here to download the
    >xpi:https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/showlist.php?category=All
    >I selected version 0.9.x to filter the extensions and arrived at
    >http://tinyurl.com/5a7fd I clicked on bookmarks and arrived here:
    >http://tinyurl.com/5gbhr and scrolled down to "Sort Bookmarks 0.5.0.1"
    >and download that xpi. It can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/6dn26
    >or here: https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=51&vid=54
    >
    >You need to right click to save to disk, change the *.xpi to *.zip, find
    >the install.rdf file in the package and edit it as per the instructions,
    >then rezip the files and folders and change the *.zip back to *.xpi
    >
    >The actual instructions are:
    >
    >Submitted by: drossign on Monday 4th October 2004 at 09:20 -0400
    >
    > Okay, here's exactly what I did on my WinXp machines...
    >
    > Go to this url...
    > http://www.firefoxtweaks.com/go.php?id=Extensions&ext_cat=3#15
    >
    > Right-click on the icon that looks like a disk and choose "Save
    >Link As"
    >
    > Save it someplace (I chose the Desktop)
    >
    > Change the extension of the downloaded file to .zip (in other words
    >edit the file name)
    >
    > Open the file in WinZip (or zip utility of choice)
    >
    > Edit the install.rdf file replacing this line...
    > <em:maxVersion>0.9</em:maxVersion>
    > with this line...
    > <em:maxVersion>1.0</em:maxVersion>
    >
    > Save the install.rdf file and make sure it's still part of the zip
    >file.
    >
    > Replace the .zip extension with .xpi (in other words edit the
    >filename again)
    >
    > Open FireFox and choose "Open File..." from the File menu.
    >
    > Select your new .xpi file and it should begin the install process.
    > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040913
    >Firefox/0.10

    It works. Simple when you know how. But that last URL comes up with
    FirefoxTweaks.com is no more....

    GraB, Oct 16, 2004
  20. GraB

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    GraB wrote:

    >> Go to this url...
    >> http://www.firefoxtweaks.com/go.php?id=Extensions&ext_cat=3#15
    >>

    > It works. Simple when you know how. But that last URL comes up with
    > FirefoxTweaks.com is no more....

    That was the url that was dead, I just copied and pasted the
    instructions from the other website, should have pointed that out,sorry.

    Chris Mayhew, Oct 16, 2004