    Lets go surfing together: http://www.lluna.de/
    My Pogo and AIM name: PreesiGirl
    (Come play with me)
    Preesi, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Preesi

    trout Guest

    Preesi wrote:

    > Why does Firefox block access to certain websites?
    > Like Download.com, qwksrv.com and a few others.
    > I cannot access download.com at all in Firefox, but can in IE.
    > Whats up here?
    > Is Firefox protecting me from something?

    I have no problem with, say, Download.com with Firefox. Just
    offhand, do you use Adblock? One of your rules could be too general, and
    taking the whole site out. Do you use a hosts file?
    --
    One thought.
    trout, Mar 22, 2005

  3. Preesi

    Preesi Guest

    trout wrote:
    > Preesi wrote:
    >
    >> Why does Firefox block access to certain websites?
    >> Like Download.com, qwksrv.com and a few others.
    >> I cannot access download.com at all in Firefox, but can in IE.
    >> Whats up here?
    >> Is Firefox protecting me from something?

    > I have no problem with, say, Download.com with Firefox. Just
    > offhand, do you use Adblock? One of your rules could be too general,
    > and taking the whole site out. Do you use a hosts file?

    UUUUHHH!
    Is Adblock part of Firefox or stand alone?
    If stand alone, NO.
    Whats a hosts file?

    --
    preesi
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Preesi, Mar 22, 2005
  4. Preesi

    Neil Guest

    "Preesi" <> wrote in message
    > trout wrote:
    > > Preesi wrote:
    > >
    > >> Why does Firefox block access to certain websites?
    > >> Like Download.com, qwksrv.com and a few others.
    > >> I cannot access download.com at all in Firefox, but can in IE.
    > >> Whats up here?
    > >> Is Firefox protecting me from something?

    > > I have no problem with, say, Download.com with Firefox. Just
    > > offhand, do you use Adblock? One of your rules could be too general,
    > > and taking the whole site out. Do you use a hosts file?

    > UUUUHHH!
    > Is Adblock part of Firefox or stand alone?
    > If stand alone, NO.
    > Whats a hosts file?

    None of the links are blocked; by FireFox or anything else, could be a Hosts
    file problem or AdBlock.
    Neil, Mar 22, 2005
  5. Preesi

    trout Guest

    Preesi wrote:

    > trout wrote:
    >> Preesi wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why does Firefox block access to certain websites?
    >>> Like Download.com, qwksrv.com and a few others.
    >>> I cannot access download.com at all in Firefox, but can in IE.
    >>> Whats up here?
    >>> Is Firefox protecting me from something?

    >> I have no problem with, say, Download.com with Firefox. Just
    >> offhand, do you use Adblock? One of your rules could be too general,
    >> and taking the whole site out. Do you use a hosts file?

    > UUUUHHH!
    > Is Adblock part of Firefox or stand alone?

    It's a downloadable extension. So, 'no', then.

    > If stand alone, NO.
    > Whats a hosts file?

    A hosts file (in the context of site *blocking*) is basically a list
    of sites that direct your browser back to the 'local machine', or
    "127.0.0.1", preventing them from loading. If you didn't add the entry,
    or use a third-party file, this probaby ain't it.
    --
    Look for one in the Windows folder.
    trout, Mar 22, 2005
  6. Preesi

    Ionizer Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message

    > "Preesi" <> wrote in message
    >> Is Adblock part of Firefox or stand alone?
    >> If stand alone, NO.
    >> Whats a hosts file?

    > could be a Hosts file problem or AdBlock.

    What sort of response is that, then?

    --
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Mar 22, 2005
  7. Preesi

    Top Guest

    "Preesi" <> wrote in

    > trout wrote:
    >> Preesi wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why does Firefox block access to certain websites?
    >>> Like Download.com, qwksrv.com and a few others.
    >>> I cannot access download.com at all in Firefox, but can in
    >>> IE. Whats up here?
    >>> Is Firefox protecting me from something?

    >> I have no problem with, say, Download.com with Firefox.
    >> Just
    >> offhand, do you use Adblock? One of your rules could be too
    >> general, and taking the whole site out. Do you use a hosts
    >> file?

    > UUUUHHH!
    > Is Adblock part of Firefox or stand alone?
    > If stand alone, NO.
    > Whats a hosts file?

    Read this, it is from Firefox help section. Look in the index
    to find it easily.

    Popup windows, or popups, are windows that appear automatically
    without your permission. They vary in size but usually don't
    cover the whole screen. Some popups open on top of the current
    Firefox window, while others appear underneath Firefox
    (popunders).

    Firefox allows you to control both popups and popunders through
    the Web Features panel in OptionsPreferences. Popup blocking is
    turned on by default, so you don't have to worry about enabling
    it to prevent popups from appearing in Firefox.

    When blocking a popup, Firefox displays an information bar, as
    well as an icon in the status bar. When you click either the
    information bar or the icon, a menu is displayed with the
    following choices:

    * Allow/Block popups for this site
    * Edit Popup Blocker Options
    * Don't show info message when blocking popups
    * (show a blocked popup)

    Blocking popups may interfere with some web sites: Some web
    sites, including some banking sites, use popups for important
    features. Blocking all popups disables such features. To allow
    specific web sites to use popups, while blocking all others,
    you can add specific web sites to the list of allowed sites.

    Blocking popups doesn't always work: Although Firefox blocks
    most popups, some web sites may show popups using uncovered
    methods, even when blocked.

    --
    If it walks like a duck .... you know the rest.
    Top, Mar 22, 2005