    Hope I've explained it suitably well for someone to help.

    Thanks,

    Sam Salt

    Sam Salt, Jun 21, 2005

  2. Sam Salt

    Doug G Guest

    Sam Salt wrote:
    > I have XP and Firefox1.0.4.
    >
    > When I open a web page,sometimes there is no proper " background" to the
    > page,it just shows the Windows background colour,whatever that may be at the
    > time ,with text on the top.
    >
    > This is entirely random.I can look at a page with no problem,close it,then
    > open it and the problem is there.
    >
    > The problem occurs on more than one site and doesn't affect IE,so presumably
    > it is a Firefox problem.
    >
    > Hope I've explained it suitably well for someone to help.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > Sam Salt

    If the "Use System Colors" box or "Always use my" boxes are check marked
    in Tools > Options > General > Fonts & Colors, remove the check marks.
    You may have to restart the program after doing so.

    Doug G, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > Sam Salt wrote:
    >> I have XP and Firefox1.0.4.
    >>
    >> When I open a web page,sometimes there is no proper " background" to
    >> the page,it just shows the Windows background colour,whatever that
    >> may be at the time ,with text on the top.
    >>
    >> This is entirely random.I can look at a page with no problem,close
    >> it,then open it and the problem is there.
    >>
    >> The problem occurs on more than one site and doesn't affect IE,so
    >> presumably it is a Firefox problem.
    >>
    >> Hope I've explained it suitably well for someone to help.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>

    >> Sam Salt

    > If the "Use System Colors" box or "Always use my" boxes are check
    > marked in Tools > Options > General > Fonts & Colors, remove the
    > check marks. You may have to restart the program after doing so.

    Thanks,Doug done that.

    Will see how it goes.

    Sam Salt

    Sam Salt, Jun 21, 2005
  4. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    Sam Salt wrote:
    > Doug G wrote:
    >> Sam Salt wrote:
    >>> I have XP and Firefox1.0.4.
    >>>
    >>> When I open a web page,sometimes there is no proper " background" to
    >>> the page,it just shows the Windows background colour,whatever that
    >>> may be at the time ,with text on the top.
    >>>
    >>> This is entirely random.I can look at a page with no problem,close
    >>> it,then open it and the problem is there.
    >>>
    >>> The problem occurs on more than one site and doesn't affect IE,so
    >>> presumably it is a Firefox problem.
    >>>
    >>> Hope I've explained it suitably well for someone to help.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>

    >>> Sam Salt

    >> If the "Use System Colors" box or "Always use my" boxes are check
    >> marked in Tools > Options > General > Fonts & Colors, remove the
    >> check marks. You may have to restart the program after doing so.

    > Thanks,Doug done that.
    >
    > Will see how it goes.
    >

    > Sam Salt

    Sadly no joy,still doing it at random.