    Does anyone know if there's a way of having Firefox do similar, a
    plug-in or extension maybe?

    Andy J.

    Andy J., Sep 25, 2005

  2. Andy J.

    Sightseer Guest

    Andy J. wrote:
    > One little feature I liked in Opera was the ability to set a page to
    > reload automatically (user definable interval), very useful for eBay.
    > Does anyone know if there's a way of having Firefox do similar, a
    > plug-in or extension maybe?
    >
    > Andy J.

    There is an extension called Ocd
    http://tinyurl.com/a2axw
    hope this helps

    SS

    Sightseer, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Andy J.

    Andy J. Guest

    Sightseer wrote:
    > Andy J. wrote:
    >
    >> One little feature I liked in Opera was the ability to set a page to
    >> reload automatically (user definable interval), very useful for eBay.
    >> Does anyone know if there's a way of having Firefox do similar, a
    >> plug-in or extension maybe?
    >>
    >> Andy J.

    > There is an extension called Ocd
    > http://tinyurl.com/a2axw
    > hope this helps
    >
    > SS

    Thanks for the info SS. However, I installed the Ocd extension and
    restarted Firefox as requested (a real annoyance on Linux). Now I can't
    start Firefox at all. I've had to install 1.0.7 I think I'll just put
    up with not having the autoload feature.

    Andy J.

    Andy J., Sep 25, 2005
  4. Andy J. wrote:
    > Sightseer wrote:
    >> Andy J. wrote:
    >>
    >>> One little feature I liked in Opera was the ability to set a page to
    >>> reload automatically (user definable interval), very useful for eBay.
    >>> Does anyone know if there's a way of having Firefox do similar, a
    >>> plug-in or extension maybe?
    >>>
    >>> Andy J.

    >> There is an extension called Ocd
    >> http://tinyurl.com/a2axw
    >> hope this helps
    >>
    >> SS

    > Thanks for the info SS. However, I installed the Ocd extension and
    > restarted Firefox as requested (a real annoyance on Linux). Now I can't
    > start Firefox at all. I've had to install 1.0.7 I think I'll just put
    > up with not having the autoload feature.
    >
    > Andy J.

    Do I understand that by reinstalling, you have FF back? There is a way
    to start in safe mode on Linux, if you need to uninstall the problem
    extension.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 26, 2005
  5. Andy J.

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Andy J. wrote:
    >> Sightseer wrote:

    >>> There is an extension called Ocd
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/a2axw
    >>> hope this helps
    >>>
    >>> SS

    >> Thanks for the info SS. However, I installed the Ocd extension and
    >> restarted Firefox as requested (a real annoyance on Linux). Now I
    >> can't start Firefox at all. I've had to install 1.0.7 I think I'll
    >> just put up with not having the autoload feature.
    >>
    >> Andy J.

    > Do I understand that by reinstalling, you have FF back? There is a way
    > to start in safe mode on Linux, if you need to uninstall the problem
    > extension.
    >
    > Lee

    You can run Firefox in safe mode by using the option "firefox
    --safe-mode" ;)

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SuSE Linux Professional 9.3, Mozilla Firefox

    Jedi Fans, Sep 26, 2005
  6. Andy J.

    Andy J. Guest

    Jedi Fans wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Andy J. wrote:

    >>> Thanks for the info SS. However, I installed the Ocd extension and
    >>> restarted Firefox as requested (a real annoyance on Linux). Now I
    >>> can't start Firefox at all. I've had to install 1.0.7 I think I'll
    >>> just put up with not having the autoload feature.
    >>>
    >>> Andy J.

    >> Do I understand that by reinstalling, you have FF back? There is a
    >> way to start in safe mode on Linux, if you need to uninstall the
    >> problem extension.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > You can run Firefox in safe mode by using the option "firefox
    > --safe-mode" ;)

    Oh well, I'll remember that for next time. I installed 1.0.7 over the
    top of 1.0.6 (I considered having both but what for!). I was going to
    upgrade to 7 anyway so no real loss, now back to this Ocd extension.......

    Andy J.

    Andy J., Sep 26, 2005

    https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=115

    --
    Baxter

    Baxter Tocher, Sep 26, 2005
  8. Andy J.

    Andy J. Guest

    Baxter Tocher wrote:
    > Andy J. wrote:
    >
    >> One little feature I liked in Opera was the ability to set a page to
    >> reload automatically (user definable interval), very useful for eBay.
    >> Does anyone know if there's a way of having Firefox do similar, a
    >> plug-in or extension maybe?

    > https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=115

    Baxter, I thank you. Just like Opera used to do it.

    Andy J.

    Andy J., Sep 26, 2005