    Set Internet options to "dial when no network connection" also "always dial
    default connection" all to no avail.

    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Reb, Mar 27, 2007

  2. On 2007-03-27, Reb <> wrote:

    > How do you get firefox to autodial at start-up?

    This is actually a Windows issue, not Firefox. Firefox is only a
    browser; any autodialing is handled separately by Windows. You'll likely
    have better luck finding an answer on one of the many Windows
    newsgroups.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Mar 28, 2007

  3. Reb

    Guest

    On Mar 27, 3:41 pm, "Reb" <> wrote:
    > Hi, I'm sure this has been covered before but....
    >
    > How do you get firefox to autodial at start-up?
    >
    > Version 2.0.0.3
    > Windows XPSP2
    >
    > What I've done so far:
    >
    > In services. Made remote access connection manager, remote access auto
    > connection manager and telephony all auto start.
    > Made sure network autodialer helper is enabled in config.
    >
    > Set Internet options to "dial when no network connection" also "always dial
    > default connection" all to no avail.
    >
    > Any help greatly appreciated.

    open IE, then click on Tools, Internet Options, Connections tab, and
    select "Always dial my default connection"
    , Mar 28, 2007
  4. Reb

    Reb Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 27, 3:41 pm, "Reb" <> wrote:
    >> Hi, I'm sure this has been covered before but....
    >>
    >> How do you get firefox to autodial at start-up?
    >>
    >> Version 2.0.0.3
    >> Windows XPSP2
    >>
    >> What I've done so far:
    >>
    >> In services. Made remote access connection manager, remote access auto
    >> connection manager and telephony all auto start.
    >> Made sure network autodialer helper is enabled in config.
    >>
    >> Set Internet options to "dial when no network connection" also "always
    >> dial
    >> default connection" all to no avail.
    >>
    >> Any help greatly appreciated.

    > open IE, then click on Tools, Internet Options, Connections tab, and
    > select "Always dial my default connection"

    Yep, done that to no avail. However, I have found out that if I don't have
    my local proxy configured (a small monitoring programme) then FF will dial.

    I know FF is capable of dailing with this proxy set because it used to do it
    quite happily until my recent format and re-install.
    Reb, Mar 28, 2007
  5. On 2007-03-28, Reb <> wrote:

    > I know FF is capable of dailing with this proxy set because it used to do it
    > quite happily until my recent format and re-install.

    Firefox doesn't do any dialing -- Windows (when configured properly) can
    detect when it needs to start a network connection and will bring up a
    dialer, or wake up your LAN or WiFi card as appropriate to make that
    connection. It's been quite a while since I've used Windows, but IIRC
    the settings you need are in the Control Panel "Network" applet.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Mar 30, 2007