    editor?) to switch to Firefox.

    Any advice?

    Thanks in advance to everyone

    Calep, Mar 18, 2006

    Hendrik Maryns, Mar 18, 2006

  3. Calep

    Echy Guest

    Calep wrote:
    > I've setted Firefox as default browser.
    > That's is to say that .HTM, .HTML and .URL files regularly open with
    > Firefox.
    >
    > My problem is with external applications who use hyperlinks (http://www.
    > etc.etc.) such as, for example, Excel, Word or 40tude Dialog, who I'm using
    > now to compose this message.
    > They still open hyperlinks on IE and I can't find right option (on registry
    > editor?) to switch to Firefox.
    >
    > Any advice?
    >
    > Thanks in advance to everyone

    In Firefox browser - Tools/Options/General/Default Browser - Tick
    "Firefox should check to see if it is the default browser when
    starting" & follow any prompt. From memory it might then be best to
    close and re-open Firefox, cannot quite remember that bit.

    To satisfy yourself that IE is now not the default go into IE then
    Tools/Internet Options/Programs - near the bottom, the phrase
    "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default
    browser" should be unticked.

    Echy
    Melbourne, Australia

    Echy, Mar 18, 2006
  4. Calep

    Calep Guest

    Il Sat, 18 Mar 2006 18:04:16 GMT, Echy ha scritto:

    > Calep wrote:
    >> I've setted Firefox as default browser.
    >> That's is to say that .HTM, .HTML and .URL files regularly open with
    >> Firefox.
    >>
    >> My problem is with external applications who use hyperlinks (http://www.
    >> etc.etc.) such as, for example, Excel, Word or 40tude Dialog, who I'm using
    >> now to compose this message.
    >> They still open hyperlinks on IE and I can't find right option (on registry
    >> editor?) to switch to Firefox.
    >>
    >> Any advice?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance to everyone
    >>

    > In Firefox browser - Tools/Options/General/Default Browser - Tick
    > "Firefox should check to see if it is the default browser when
    > starting" & follow any prompt. From memory it might then be best to
    > close and re-open Firefox, cannot quite remember that bit.
    >
    > To satisfy yourself that IE is now not the default go into IE then
    > Tools/Internet Options/Programs - near the bottom, the phrase
    > "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default
    > browser" should be unticked.
    >
    > Echy
    > Melbourne, Australia

    Sorry, I forgot to say I've already ticked this option in Firefox and
    unticked it in IE.
    My o.s. (WinXP Home) is telling me that's Firefox to be the default browser
    but.....no way to open hyperlinks from thirds programs on it. They always
    open in IE.

    Thanks for your reply.

    C.

    Calep, Mar 18, 2006
  5. Calep

    Calep Guest

    Il Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:17:48 GMT, Calep ha scritto:

    > I've setted Firefox as default browser.
    > That's is to say that .HTM, .HTML and .URL files regularly open with
    > Firefox.
    >
    > My problem is with external applications who use hyperlinks (http://www.
    > etc.etc.) such as, for example, Excel, Word or 40tude Dialog, who I'm using
    > now to compose this message.
    > They still open hyperlinks on IE and I can't find right option (on registry
    > editor?) to switch to Firefox.
    >
    > Any advice?
    >
    > Thanks in advance to everyone

    I found right solution to my problem. Changing a key in Regedit.

    Thank you all guys

    Calep, Mar 18, 2006
  6. Calep

    Miller Guest

    *Calep* wrote on 18.03.06 22:29:

    > Sorry, I forgot to say I've already ticked this option in Firefox and
    > unticked it in IE.
    > My o.s. (WinXP Home) is telling me that's Firefox to be the default browser
    > but.....no way to open hyperlinks from thirds programs on it. They always
    > open in IE.

    Did you check, wich program is registered to open *.htm, *.html, etc.. -files
    in your folderconfiguration?

    HTH, Miller

    Miller, Mar 18, 2006
  7. "Calep" <> wrote in message
    > Il Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:17:48 GMT, Calep ha scritto:
    >
    >> I've setted Firefox as default browser.
    >> That's is to say that .HTM, .HTML and .URL files regularly open with
    >> Firefox.
    >>
    >> My problem is with external applications who use hyperlinks (http://www.
    >> etc.etc.) such as, for example, Excel, Word or 40tude Dialog, who I'm
    >> using
    >> now to compose this message.
    >> They still open hyperlinks on IE and I can't find right option (on
    >> registry
    >> editor?) to switch to Firefox.
    >>
    >> Any advice?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance to everyone

    > I found right solution to my problem. Changing a key in Regedit.
    >
    > Thank you all guys

    Which key? I'm having same issue, most HTML files open in Fox, others open
    in Avent, Firefox IS the default browser, just keep avent around for the
    rare site i need that is not Fox readable (and if firefox had a "reload
    current tab in IE Tab" extension i would ditch avent! but alas.. ican only
    open LINKS to a new IE tab..thanks to the "IE Tab" Extension...

    nooneimportant, Mar 18, 2006

    Hendrik Maryns, Mar 18, 2006
  9. Calep

    R Hickey Guest

    "nooneimportant" <> wrote in

    > ... if
    > firefox had a "reload current tab in IE Tab" extension i would ditch
    > avent! but alas.. ican only open LINKS to a new IE tab..thanks to the
    > "IE Tab" Extension...

    Go to:

    https://addons.mozilla.org/quicksearch.php?q=IE View&section=E&pageid=3

    and download "IE View" or "IE View Lite" if you haven't tried them
    already.

    I use IE View and it always opens IE in its own window when I click on it.
    No problem.

    Robert

    R Hickey, Mar 18, 2006
  10. Calep

    Calep Guest

    Il Sat, 18 Mar 2006 23:51:46 +0100, Hendrik Maryns ha scritto:

    > NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message
    >
    > Calep uitte de volgende tekst op 03/18/2006 10:45 PM:
    >> Il Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:17:48 GMT, Calep ha scritto:
    >>
    >>> I've setted Firefox as default browser.
    >>> That's is to say that .HTM, .HTML and .URL files regularly open with
    >>> Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> My problem is with external applications who use hyperlinks (http://www.
    >>> etc.etc.) such as, for example, Excel, Word or 40tude Dialog, who I'm using
    >>> now to compose this message.
    >>> They still open hyperlinks on IE and I can't find right option (on registry
    >>> editor?) to switch to Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> Any advice?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance to everyone

    >> I found right solution to my problem. Changing a key in Regedit.

    > Mind sharing it with us, so that people with the same problem can find
    > the solution in the future?
    >
    > H.

    Sorry, you have right of course. So...

    open Regedit and take a look here:

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HTTP\shell\command]

    on the key put

    C:\<your path for firefox>\FIREFOX.EXE -url "%1"

    now clicking an hyperlink in every application you should open that link
    with (and only with) Firefox

    C.

    Calep, Mar 19, 2006
  11. Calep

    gwtc Guest

    Calep wrote:
    > Il Sat, 18 Mar 2006 23:51:46 +0100, Hendrik Maryns ha scritto:

    >>NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message
    >>
    >>Calep uitte de volgende tekst op 03/18/2006 10:45 PM:

    >>>I found right solution to my problem. Changing a key in Regedit.

    >>Mind sharing it with us, so that people with the same problem can find
    >>the solution in the future?
    >>
    >>H.

    > Sorry, you have right of course. So...
    >
    > open Regedit and take a look here:
    >
    > [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HTTP\shell\command]
    >
    > on the key put
    >
    > C:\<your path for firefox>\FIREFOX.EXE -url "%1"
    >

    > now clicking an hyperlink in every application you should open that link
    > with (and only with) Firefox
    >
    > C.

    thats the same as changing the URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol within
    File Types of the Folder Options

    gwtc, Mar 19, 2006
  12. Calep

    Calep Guest

    Il Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:45:23 -0800, gwtc ha scritto:

    > Calep wrote:
    >> Il Sat, 18 Mar 2006 23:51:46 +0100, Hendrik Maryns ha scritto:

    >>>NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message
    >>>
    >>>Calep uitte de volgende tekst op 03/18/2006 10:45 PM:

    >>>Mind sharing it with us, so that people with the same problem can find
    >>>the solution in the future?
    >>>
    >>>H.

    >> Sorry, you have right of course. So...
    >>
    >> open Regedit and take a look here:
    >>
    >> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HTTP\shell\command]
    >>
    >> on the key put
    >>
    >> C:\<your path for firefox>\FIREFOX.EXE -url "%1"
    >>

    >> now clicking an hyperlink in every application you should open that link
    >> with (and only with) Firefox
    >>
    >> C.
    >>

    > thats the same as changing the URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol within
    > File Types of the Folder Options

    Not the same thing, sorry.
    I early associated URL files to Firefox but that's clearly different than
    open hyperlinks from external applications.
    I'm everything but an expert. All I could see is that I could open URL
    files in Firefox and still being forced to open IE when clicking links from
    third programs

    C.

    Calep, Mar 19, 2006
  13. Got it already.... i use the IE Tab version... allows to open links in an
    "IE" tab within firefox... however it does not do anything about the
    "Current page" to open it in IE i have to copy the addressbox, open IE...
    paste the url.. etc etc etc... Be so nice to have a single button on the
    toolbar that will "Open current page in IE Tab" or somesuch....

    nooneimportant, Mar 19, 2006
  14. Calep

    gwtc Guest

    try IE View: http://ieview.mozdev.org/