    I check with Windows Explorer I find there can be up to 30Mb of cache
    files in the Cache folder and Cache Trash folder. Why does this
    remain and why won't Firefox delete the cache properly?
    GraB, Jan 25, 2006

  2. GraB

    steve Guest

    GraB wrote:

    > I am in the habit of deleting everything after a surfing session:
    > cache, history, cookies, etc. But I find that after I have been
    > surfing for a while and go to Tools / Options / Privacy and hit the
    > Clear All button, I find the cache button remains ungreyed out. When
    > I check with Windows Explorer I find there can be up to 30Mb of cache
    > files in the Cache folder and Cache Trash folder. Why does this
    > remain and why won't Firefox delete the cache properly?

    I set the Firefox cache to 1MB. Yes - 1000 K.

    Web content is too dynamic for anything larger to be consistently useful.

    I set the cookies to always prompt me - and I almost always take "session
    cookies" that disappear when I close the browser.

    Works fine for me.

    I also have a home proxy server (Squid on Linux)....so that caches content
    for ALL the PCs in the house......much more efficient.
    steve, Jan 25, 2006

  3. GraB

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    >I am in the habit of deleting everything after a surfing session:
    > cache, history, cookies, etc. But I find that after I have been
    > surfing for a while and go to Tools / Options / Privacy and hit the
    > Clear All button, I find the cache button remains ungreyed out. When
    > I check with Windows Explorer I find there can be up to 30Mb of cache
    > files in the Cache folder and Cache Trash folder. Why does this
    > remain and why won't Firefox delete the cache properly?

    i use window washer, that has a inbuilt plugin for firefox that deletes
    everything.

    KB
    Krazy Bob, Jan 25, 2006
  4. GraB

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:46:49 +1300, GraB wrote:

    > I am in the habit of deleting everything after a surfing session:
    > cache, history, cookies, etc. But I find that after I have been
    > surfing for a while and go to Tools / Options / Privacy and hit the
    > Clear All button, I find the cache button remains ungreyed out. When
    > I check with Windows Explorer I find there can be up to 30Mb of cache
    > files in the Cache folder and Cache Trash folder. Why does this
    > remain and why won't Firefox delete the cache properly?

    Question, why is the cache option greyed out? Is this not your question.

    BTW, it appears you are not on the Linux platform and Tools/options does
    not exist. Tools/Clear private datd does though ;-)

    Yes, Firefox runs on several platforms.
    Gordon, Jan 25, 2006
  5. GraB

    neutrino Guest