    runs on one machine, but not on the other. The video loads OK, but
    plays for only about 2 sec, with no sound. Has anybody else seen this
    behaviour? Any ideas about what the problem might be? Thanks.
    Gib Bogle, Mar 30, 2007

  2. On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 09:09:42 +1200, Gib Bogle wrote:

    > I have Firefox 1.5.0.11 installed on two machines with W2k. YouTube
    > runs on one machine, but not on the other. The video loads OK, but
    > plays for only about 2 sec, with no sound. Has anybody else seen this
    > behaviour? Any ideas about what the problem might be? Thanks.

    You should update both Firefox and Flash to the latest versions. !.5 is
    now a very old version.

    Youtube uses Flash to play the video content.

    --
    Dianthus Mimulus

    When you want a computer system that works, just choose Linux.
    When you want a computer system that works, just, choose Microsoft.
    Dianthus Mimulus, Mar 31, 2007

  3. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    Dianthus Mimulus wrote:
    > On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 09:09:42 +1200, Gib Bogle wrote:
    >
    >> I have Firefox 1.5.0.11 installed on two machines with W2k. YouTube
    >> runs on one machine, but not on the other. The video loads OK, but
    >> plays for only about 2 sec, with no sound. Has anybody else seen this
    >> behaviour? Any ideas about what the problem might be? Thanks.

    > You should update both Firefox and Flash to the latest versions. !.5 is
    > now a very old version.
    >
    > Youtube uses Flash to play the video content.

    Both machines have the same Firefox version, one plays YouTube video,
    the other doesn't. I have installed the latest Flash on the machine
    that doesn't.
    Gib Bogle, Mar 31, 2007
  4. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    Dianthus Mimulus wrote:
    > On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 09:09:42 +1200, Gib Bogle wrote:
    >
    >> I have Firefox 1.5.0.11 installed on two machines with W2k. YouTube
    >> runs on one machine, but not on the other. The video loads OK, but
    >> plays for only about 2 sec, with no sound. Has anybody else seen this
    >> behaviour? Any ideas about what the problem might be? Thanks.

    > You should update both Firefox and Flash to the latest versions. !.5 is
    > now a very old version.
    >
    > Youtube uses Flash to play the video content.

    I just installed Firefox 2.0.0.3. I have Adobe Flash version 9,0,28,0.
    It still doesn't work.
    Gib Bogle, Mar 31, 2007
  5. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    Dianthus Mimulus wrote:
    > On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 09:09:42 +1200, Gib Bogle wrote:
    >
    >> I have Firefox 1.5.0.11 installed on two machines with W2k. YouTube
    >> runs on one machine, but not on the other. The video loads OK, but
    >> plays for only about 2 sec, with no sound. Has anybody else seen this
    >> behaviour? Any ideas about what the problem might be? Thanks.

    > You should update both Firefox and Flash to the latest versions. !.5 is
    > now a very old version.
    >
    > Youtube uses Flash to play the video content.

    I used the "manual" installer for Flash, rebooted, and now it works.
    Gib Bogle, Mar 31, 2007
  6. On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:46:58 +1200, Gib Bogle wrote:

    >>> I have Firefox 1.5.0.11 installed on two machines with W2k. YouTube
    >>> runs on one machine, but not on the other. The video loads OK, but
    >>> plays for only about 2 sec, with no sound. Has anybody else seen this
    >>> behaviour? Any ideas about what the problem might be? Thanks.

    >> You should update both Firefox and Flash to the latest versions. !.5 is
    >> now a very old version.
    >>
    >> Youtube uses Flash to play the video content.
    >>

    > Both machines have the same Firefox version, one plays YouTube video,
    > the other doesn't. I have installed the latest Flash on the machine
    > that doesn't.

    You should update both Firefox and Flash to the latest versions. 1.5 is
    now a very old version.

    Dianthus Mimulus, Mar 31, 2007
  7. On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:16:14 +1200, Gib Bogle wrote:

    >> You should update both Firefox and Flash to the latest versions. !.5 is
    >> now a very old version.
    >>
    >> Youtube uses Flash to play the video content.
    >>

    > I just installed Firefox 2.0.0.3. I have Adobe Flash version 9,0,28,0.
    > It still doesn't work.

    Now you should check which CODECs are installed on both machines - or more
    to the point, which is not installed on one of them.

    Dianthus Mimulus, Mar 31, 2007
  8. On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:07:39 +1200, Gib Bogle wrote:

    >> You should update both Firefox and Flash to the latest versions. !.5 is
    >> now a very old version.
    >>
    >> Youtube uses Flash to play the video content.

    > I used the "manual" installer for Flash, rebooted, and now it works.

    I can understand the need to reboot if you're using a Windows box.

    Dianthus Mimulus, Mar 31, 2007
  9. Gib Bogle

    steve Guest

    "Gib Bogle" <> wrote in message
    >I have Firefox 1.5.0.11 installed on two machines with W2k. YouTube runs
    >on one machine, but not on the other. The video loads OK, but plays for
    >only about 2 sec, with no sound. Has anybody else seen this behaviour?
    >Any ideas about what the problem might be? Thanks.

    Do you have the latest Adobe Flash Player?

    Firefox (Win32) is now at v2.0.0.3......
    steve, Apr 10, 2007
  10. Gib Bogle

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:58:08 +1200, "steve" <>
    wrote:

    >"Gib Bogle" <> wrote in message
    >>I have Firefox 1.5.0.11 installed on two machines with W2k. YouTube runs
    >>on one machine, but not on the other. The video loads OK, but plays for
    >>only about 2 sec, with no sound. Has anybody else seen this behaviour?
    >>Any ideas about what the problem might be? Thanks.

    >Do you have the latest Adobe Flash Player?
    >
    >Firefox (Win32) is now at v2.0.0.3......

    What Add-Ons are installed?
    Nho Whei, Apr 10, 2007