    under XP32. For instance, it does not let you log onto a site that is
    password protected. Under XP32 there are no problems. Am I wrong assuming
    this?
    Little Red, Jun 11, 2006

  2. Little  Red

    Rick Guest

    I would presume you have something set
    incorrectly. I use Firefox in Win x64 for most
    of my browsing and in well over 1 year I have
    yet to have any of the problems you describe.

    Rick, Jun 11, 2006

  3. Check the Firefox website for assistance.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 11, 2006
  4. Little Red wrote:
    > I noticed that Firefox does not work as flawlwssly under XP64 as it does
    > under XP32. For instance, it does not let you log onto a site that is
    > password protected. Under XP32 there are no problems. Am I wrong assuming
    > this?

    I've had absolutely zero problems using Firefox on WinXPx64, even
    accessing secure sites. I did find that it sometimes necessary to
    disable Firefox's pop-up blocker on some sites so the login dialog box
    could appear.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, Jun 11, 2006
  5. Little  Red

    Little Red Guest

    Thanks, that's probably the problem. I'll give it a try.

    Little Red, Jun 11, 2006
  6. Little  Red

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:21:39 -0400, "Little Red" <> wrote:

    >I noticed that Firefox does not work as flawlwssly under XP64 as it does
    >under XP32. For instance, it does not let you log onto a site that is
    >password protected. Under XP32 there are no problems. Am I wrong assuming
    >this?

    That's strange. Never had that problem. Maybe it's a security setting
    somewhere wrong. But I use Mozilal for x64
    (http://www.mozilla-x86-64.com/archives/mozilla_for_windows_x64/) which
    might be slightly different.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 12, 2006
  7. Little  Red

    Graham Guest

    Little Red wrote:

    > I noticed that Firefox does not work as flawlwssly under XP64 as it does
    > under XP32. For instance, it does not let you log onto a site that is
    > password protected. Under XP32 there are no problems. Am I wrong assuming
    > this?

    No similar problems here. The old Mozilla suite (using it to post this)
    and SeaMonkey have no problems either. There's something wrong with your
    setup.

    Graham.
    Graham, Jun 12, 2006