    video files??

    Thanks,

    Larry
    Larry, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Larry

    Doug G Guest

    Larry wrote:
    > I have both IE and Firefox and prefer Firefox. When I go to a web site
    > (Annenberg/CPB) and try to access language video files it says it needs win
    > media player as a plugin. When I access the site with IE it automatically
    > invokes win media player and I'm off and running.
    >
    > How do I get firefox to point to my installed win media player to view the
    > video files??
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Larry

    If about:plugins doesn't show the following, try copying the
    npdsplay.dll file into Firefox's plugins folder.

    Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library

    File name: C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\npdsplay.dll
    Npdsplay dll

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    application/asx Media Files * Yes
    video/x-ms-asf-plugin Media Files * Yes
    application/x-mplayer2 Media Files * Yes
    video/x-ms-asf Media Files asf,asx,* Yes
    video/x-ms-wm Media Files wm,* Yes
    audio/x-ms-wma Media Files wma,* Yes
    audio/x-ms-wax Media Files wax,* Yes
    video/x-ms-wmv Media Files wmv,* Yes
    video/x-ms-wvx Media Files wvx,* Yes

    The following works for me. I don't care to sign up for other videos.
    http://www.learner.org/channel/broadband/video.html
    Doug G, Jul 28, 2005