    I've noticed this behavior on 3 computers so I consider this is a bug
    (and a quite annoying one).
    Anyone with similar problems, or maybe a solution to this issue?

    scorpius, Nov 13, 2004

  2. scorpius

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *scorpius* wrote:

    > I've noticed that the last 2-3 releases of Firefox browser have had
    > certain problems with resolving URL's to IP's. Namely, sometimes when
    > you enter or click a URL, it will take a while before actually finding
    > the server, or sometimes it will timeout. After this, when you click
    > the URL again, the site will be loaded immediately. Sometimes it also
    > helps to double or triple click the URL.
    > I've noticed this behavior on 3 computers so I consider this is a bug
    > (and a quite annoying one).
    > Anyone with similar problems, or maybe a solution to this issue?

    It's nothing to do with the browser. It's the DNS server at your ISP who
    have problems with the resolving. My ISP hade really *big* problems last
    winter, before they changed the servers.

    --
    /Arne
    http://w1.978.telia.com/~u97802964/

    Arne, Nov 13, 2004

  3. scorpius

    scorpius Guest

    Arne <> wrote in message news:<71wld.8685$>...
    > Once upon a time *scorpius* wrote:
    >
    > > I've noticed that the last 2-3 releases of Firefox browser have had
    > > certain problems with resolving URL's to IP's. Namely, sometimes when
    > > you enter or click a URL, it will take a while before actually finding
    > > the server, or sometimes it will timeout. After this, when you click
    > > the URL again, the site will be loaded immediately. Sometimes it also
    > > helps to double or triple click the URL.
    > > I've noticed this behavior on 3 computers so I consider this is a bug
    > > (and a quite annoying one).
    > > Anyone with similar problems, or maybe a solution to this issue?

    > It's nothing to do with the browser. It's the DNS server at your ISP who
    > have problems with the resolving. My ISP hade really *big* problems last
    > winter, before they changed the servers.

    I also thought it might have been ISP's issue. However, I've had the
    same problem at three different ISP's, so I figured it might be
    Firefox. Also, I haven't noticed any such problems with other internet
    applications.

    scorpius, Nov 14, 2004
  4. scorpius

    leonelm