    is Quicktime. Can anyone recommend an
    alternative, because prefer not to use QT?
    Thanks

    Spike, Nov 30, 2004

  2. Spike

    Tom Betz Guest

    Quoth "Spike" <> in news:314c0uF33houcU1
    @individual.net:

    > Installed Firefox. Looks good to me.
    > But, one of the recommended plug-ins
    > is Quicktime. Can anyone recommend an
    > alternative, because prefer not to use QT?

    Google "QuickTime Alternative"

    uses Media Player Classic.

    --
    George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

    Tom Betz, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Spike

    Spike Guest

    "Been there, done that. No joy. Thanks!!

    Spike, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Spike

    Rick Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:12:38 -0700, "Spike"
    <> wrote:

    >"Been there, done that. No joy. Thanks!!

    What is it that you have done?

    Tried Google or MPC?

    Rick, Dec 1, 2004
  5. Spike

    Moz Champion Guest

    Spike wrote:

    > Installed Firefox. Looks good to me.
    > But, one of the recommended plug-ins
    > is Quicktime. Can anyone recommend an
    > alternative, because prefer not to use QT?
    > Thanks

    Both Quicktime and WMP are 'multi-use' plug ins.
    Both attempt to be the only plug in you require or need by providing
    access to multiple types of multimedia files.
    However, neither actually cover ALL types of media you may run into, WMP
    covers some QT doesnt and vice-versa. Suggest you install both WMP and
    QT, and limit QT to those file types (mime types) the other plug ins you
    possess dont cover.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Dec 1, 2004
  6. Spike

    Jim Shu Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:08:59 +0000 (UTC), Tom Betz
    <> wrote:

    A classic example of a Loser's signature.

    PEST--Post-election selection trauma is caused by eating sour
    grapes........ Read it and weep, Betz, 4 more years...... 8^)

    Jim Shu, Dec 1, 2004
  7. Spike

    Tom Betz Guest

    Quoth Jim Shu <> in

    > A classic example of a Loser's signature.

    I tell the truth as I see it, and I don't give a shit if it annoys
    you.

    > PEST

    I find my .signature very effective at identifying ignoraumus pests
    and helping to eliminate them from my view of Usenet.

    Thanks for biting.

    Tom Betz, Dec 2, 2004
  8. Spike

    Spike Guest

    Thanks guys!!! Finally found alternative.
    Have used QT in past on 3.11, 95, and 98.
    Some registry files were changed, and
    don't want to go through that again. Great
    to have help like you've provided.

    Spike, Dec 2, 2004