    Has anyone else had problems with quicktime and firefox.
    I went to there fourms followed there solution and still no luck i
    still get the broken icon of quicktime on webpages

    Starkey, Jul 1, 2005

  2. Starkey

    Daniel Guest

    Starkey wrote:
    > Has anyone else had problems with quicktime and firefox.
    > I went to there fourms followed there solution and still no luck i
    > still get the broken icon of quicktime on webpages

    What OS are you running?

    AFAIK it doens't work on Linux (strange, as my Linux media players will
    play QT format fine - so you think someone would've done a Linux plugin
    for FF by now), but, works okay on Windows (based on my personal
    experiences). I'm using FF 1.0.4 on both OS'es.

    Daniel, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Starkey

    Daniel Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Starkey wrote:

    <snip>

    > AFAIK it doens't work on Linux (strange, as my Linux media players will
    > play QT format fine ...

    Ahhh, mplayer plugin - okay.

    My mplayer rpm is rather old, and doesn't include the plugin (it seems).
    Time for me to get a newer version perhaps?

    Daniel, Jul 1, 2005
  4. Starkey

    Starkey Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 13:53:50 +1200, Daniel <>
    wrote:

    >Starkey wrote:
    >> Has anyone else had problems with quicktime and firefox.
    >> I went to there fourms followed there solution and still no luck i
    >> still get the broken icon of quicktime on webpages

    >What OS are you running?
    >
    >AFAIK it doens't work on Linux (strange, as my Linux media players will
    >play QT format fine - so you think someone would've done a Linux plugin
    >for FF by now), but, works okay on Windows (based on my personal
    >experiences). I'm using FF 1.0.4 on both OS'es.

    xp pro

    Starkey, Jul 1, 2005
  5. Starkey

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 13:02:03 +1200, in message
     <>, Starkey wrote:

    > Has anyone else had problems with quicktime and firefox.
    > I went to there fourms followed there solution and still no luck i
    > still get the broken icon of quicktime on webpages

    FWIW QuickTime works in Firefox here, no problem.
    However, I am running an older version of QuickTime, 5.0.2.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    Ralph Fox, Jul 1, 2005
  6. Starkey

    Starkey Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:17:06 +0000, Ralph Fox
    <-echo.invalid> wrote:

    >On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 13:02:03 +1200, in message
    > <>, Starkey wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone else had problems with quicktime and firefox.
    >> I went to there fourms followed there solution and still no luck i
    >> still get the broken icon of quicktime on webpages

    >FWIW QuickTime works in Firefox here, no problem.
    >However, I am running an older version of QuickTime, 5.0.2.

    where could i dload the old vers apple webpage just has new versions

    Starkey, Jul 1, 2005
  7. Starkey

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 23:05:02 +1200, in message
     <>, Starkey wrote:

    >On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:17:06 +0000, Ralph Fox
    ><-echo.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 13:02:03 +1200, in message
    >> <>, Starkey wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone else had problems with quicktime and firefox.
    >>> I went to there fourms followed there solution and still no luck i
    >>> still get the broken icon of quicktime on webpages

    >>FWIW QuickTime works in Firefox here, no problem.
    >>However, I am running an older version of QuickTime, 5.0.2.

    >where could i dload the old vers apple webpage just has new versions

    I don't know, unfortunately.

    I don't have a full installer myself so I would be unable to reinstall.

    There is a third party "QuickTime Alternative". I've never
    tried it so I don't know whether it would perform any better.

    --
    Cheers
    Ralph

    "Those who have knowledge, don't predict.
    Those who predict, don't have knowledge."
    -- Lao Tzu, 6th century B.C.

    Ralph Fox, Jul 2, 2005
  8. Starkey

    Starkey Guest

    On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 04:48:41 +0000, Ralph Fox
    <-echo.invalid> wrote:

    >On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 23:05:02 +1200, in message
    > <>, Starkey wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:17:06 +0000, Ralph Fox
    >><-echo.invalid> wrote:

    >>>FWIW QuickTime works in Firefox here, no problem.
    >>>However, I am running an older version of QuickTime, 5.0.2.

    >>where could i dload the old vers apple webpage just has new versions

    >I don't know, unfortunately.
    >
    >I don't have a full installer myself so I would be unable to reinstall.
    >
    >There is a third party "QuickTime Alternative". I've never
    >tried it so I don't know whether it would perform any better.

    I found 5.0.2 in the back depths of apples webpage

    Starkey, Jul 2, 2005
  9. Starkey

    N.Oway Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:

    >>where could i dload the old vers apple webpage just has new versions

    Old Versions Available

    QuickTime 2.1.2 (2.0 MB)
    QuickTime 3.0 (6.9 MB)
    QuickTime 4.0 (8.3 MB)
    QuickTime 5.0.5 (9.6 MB)

    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=quicktime

    N.Oway, Jul 2, 2005
  10. Starkey wrote:
    >>FWIW QuickTime works in Firefox here, no problem.
    >>However, I am running an older version of QuickTime, 5.0.2.

    > where could i dload the old vers apple webpage just has new versions

    oldversion.com ?

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 3, 2005