    What do I do to work around this, and allow the presentation to play ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Feb 7, 2007

  2. On 2007-02-07, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Robert11 waxed eloquently:
    > Hello:
    >
    > Using Firefox and XP
    >
    > Tried to open a presentation that apparently uses Macromedia Flash Player.
    >
    > On a Firefox Tab, it says that Firefox "prevented this site from opening a
    > pop-up window".
    >
    > What do I do to work around this, and allow the presentation to play ?

    Edit>Preferences>Content

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    theoldsourdough at theoldsourdough dot com

    The Old Sourdough, Feb 7, 2007

  3. Robert11 wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > Using Firefox and XP
    >
    > Tried to open a presentation that apparently uses Macromedia Flash Player.
    >
    > On a Firefox Tab, it says that Firefox "prevented this site from opening a
    > pop-up window".
    >
    > What do I do to work around this, and allow the presentation to play ?

    There should be a pale yellow line stating that, with a "settings" button at
    the right side which you can push to get to the options ("allow popups from
    this site"). If it still won't work, type "about:plugins" in the address
    field and watch if you have the flashplayer plugin, or visit www.adobe.com
    to check out (near the top).

    Walter Mautner, Feb 7, 2007