    My PC is running XP Home SP2, DSL connection, Firefox 2.0.0.3.

    I have since configured IE Tab to use the Internet Explorer engine
    when visiting lowes.com.

    History Fan, May 12, 2007

  2. History Fan wrote:
    > Does anyone here ever get script error messages when viewing lowes.com
    > with Firefox? This happens to me all the time. The page will freeze up for
    > several seconds, then a small window pops up telling me a script is having
    > problems with this page. Do I want to continue running this script.
    > Doesn't matter which choice I select, because the browser is frozen solid.
    > My PC is running XP Home SP2, DSL connection, Firefox 2.0.0.3.
    >
    > I have since configured IE Tab to use the Internet Explorer engine
    > when visiting lowes.com.

    No problem here, on either OS X or XP. Is there something in particular
    that you do at this site that seems to cause the problem? I just went
    in, clicked a bunch of links and buttons, and everything seemed to work
    fine.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, May 12, 2007

  3. History Fan

    Karl S Guest

    On Sat, 12 May 2007 09:29:14 -0400, History Fan wrote:

    > Does anyone here ever get script error messages when viewing lowes.com
    > with Firefox? This happens to me all the time. The page will freeze up for
    > several seconds, then a small window pops up telling me a script is having
    > problems with this page.

    I am doing some remodeling and have used lowes.com a lot lately to gather
    information and have had no problems. Try visiting the site with Firefox in
    safe mode to see if an extension is causing your problem.

    Karl S, May 12, 2007
  4. History Fan

    Guest

    On May 12, 6:29 am, "History Fan" <>
    wrote:
    > Does anyone here ever get script error messages when viewing lowes.com
    > with Firefox? This happens to me all the time. The page will freeze up for
    > several seconds, then a small window pops up telling me a script is having
    > problems with this page. Do I want to continue running this script.
    > Doesn't matter which choice I select, because the browser is frozen solid.
    > My PC is running XP Home SP2, DSL connection, Firefox 2.0.0.3.
    >
    > I have since configured IE Tab to use the Internet Explorer engine
    > when visiting lowes.com.

    do you have noscripts, or adblock, or flash block installed? Mabye one
    of these is blocking, otherwise, the site works just fine.

    Are you have the problem on ALL pages or just some. If some, then
    post a direct link.

    , May 12, 2007
  5. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > do you have noscripts, or adblock, or flash block installed? Mabye one
    > of these is blocking, otherwise, the site works just fine.

    I have AdBlockPlus installed, and at first I thought that was the
    culprit. I deactivated it for lowes.com and everything seemed to be fine.
    I clicked on link after link with no problem. This morning, I visited
    lowes.com again, typed in a keyword, and by the 2nd or 3rd link, my browser
    froze up again, and I saw the script error window.

    History Fan, May 12, 2007
  6. History Fan

    Andy Luddy Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    >> do you have noscripts, or adblock, or flash block installed? Mabye one
    >> of these is blocking, otherwise, the site works just fine.
    >>

    > I have AdBlockPlus installed, and at first I thought that was the
    > culprit. I deactivated it for lowes.com and everything seemed to be fine.
    > I clicked on link after link with no problem. This morning, I visited
    > lowes.com again, typed in a keyword, and by the 2nd or 3rd link, my browser
    > froze up again, and I saw the script error window.

    It is possible that the script in question is coming from a different
    address than lowes.com, so perhaps enabling lowes.com in AdBlockPlus
    worked as a general fix, but when a script came from a different IP
    address, it was blocked again.

    If the error is repeatable, perhaps trying it in safe mode will be
    informative.

    --
    Andy Luddy
    Perform appendectomy to reply

    Andy Luddy, May 13, 2007
  7. History Fan wrote:
    >> do you have noscripts, or adblock, or flash block installed? Mabye one
    >> of these is blocking, otherwise, the site works just fine.
    >>

    > I have AdBlockPlus installed, and at first I thought that was the
    > culprit. I deactivated it for lowes.com and everything seemed to be fine.
    > I clicked on link after link with no problem. This morning, I visited
    > lowes.com again, typed in a keyword, and by the 2nd or 3rd link, my browser
    > froze up again, and I saw the script error window.

    Just for the record...I have been having the same problem at Lowes.com
    Compare to my extensions, themes, & plugins.....something has to be
    causing the problem.

    Extensions (enabled: 42, disabled: 3):

    * Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.0.5
    * Adblock Plus 0.7.5.1
    * Add Bookmark Here 0.5.5
    * All-in-One Gestures 0.18.0
    * Auto Copy 0.6.4
    * Classic Menus for Winstripe 2.5
    * Clipmarks 2.0.4
    * ColorfulTabs 2.0.2
    * ColorZilla 1.0
    * Firefox Extension Backup Extension (FEBE) 4.0.5
    * FireFTP 0.96.4
    * FoxNotes 2.6.5
    * Google Notebook 1.0.0.16
    * Google Toolbar for Firefox 3.0.20070420W
    * gTranslate 0.3.1
    * IE Tab 1.3.2.20070404
    * IE View 1.3.3
    * Image Toolbar 0.6.4
    * ImageBot 3.4.5
    * InfoLister 0.9f
    * Java Console 6.0.01 [disabled]
    * Kodak EasyShare Gallery Companion 1.0.9.2
    * McAfee SiteAdvisor 26.3 [disabled]
    * MeasureIt 0.3.6
    * Menu Editor 1.2.3.3
    * MySpace PFF Addon 0.3
    * No Go Buttons 0.1.1
    * Notefish 1.0.1.11
    * OpenDownload 1.0.0
    * Restart Firefox 0.3
    * Rewind/Fastforward Buttons 1.4.2006100801
    * Sage 1.3.10
    * Save As Image 1.044
    * ScribeFire 1.4.0.1
    * Searchbar Autosizer 1.3.7
    * Speed Dial 0.2.1
    * StumbleUpon 3.05
    * Tab Mix Plus 0.3.5.2
    * Unofficial Myspace Toolbar 1.4.9
    * URL Link 2.01.0
    * ViewSourceWith 0.0.9
    * WellRounded 0.43 [disabled]
    * Yahoo! Photos Easy Upload Tool 2006.10.5
    * Yahoo! Toolbar 1.4.0.20070112
    * yourminis.com HUD 1.0.1.2

    Themes (3):

    * Firefox (default) 2.0
    * Noia 2.0 (eXtreme) 3.371
    * Phoenity Modern 0.6.07.04.02 [selected]

    Plugins (17):

    * Adobe Acrobat
    * AOL Media Playback Plugin
    * IE Tab Plug-in
    * Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U1
    * McAfee Clinic
    * MetaStream 3 Plugin
    * Microsoft® DRM
    * MoveNetworks Quantum Media Player
    * Mozilla Default Plug-in
    * QuickTime Plug-in 7.1.6
    * RealJukebox NS Plugin
    * RealPlayer Version Plugin
    * RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit)
    * Shockwave Flash
    * Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
    * Yahoo Application State Plugin
    * Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jason_L_=A9?=, May 18, 2007
  8. Jason L © wrote:
    > History Fan wrote:
    >>> do you have noscripts, or adblock, or flash block installed? Mabye one
    >>> of these is blocking, otherwise, the site works just fine.
    >>>

    >> I have AdBlockPlus installed, and at first I thought that was the
    >> culprit. I deactivated it for lowes.com and everything seemed to be
    >> fine. I clicked on link after link with no problem. This morning, I
    >> visited lowes.com again, typed in a keyword, and by the 2nd or 3rd
    >> link, my browser froze up again, and I saw the script error window.
    >>

    > Just for the record...I have been having the same problem at Lowes.com
    > Compare to my extensions, themes, & plugins.....something has to be
    > causing the problem.

    Have you tried the site in safe mode?

    Doing so temporarily disables extensions and themes to see if they are
    impacting on the problem.

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 18, 2007
  9. History Fan

    Guest

    On May 18, 6:00 am, Jason L © <> wrote:
    > Extensions (enabled: 42, disabled: 3):
    >
    > * Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.0.5
    > * Adblock Plus 0.7.5.1
    > * Add Bookmark Here 0.5.5
    > * All-in-One Gestures 0.18.0
    > * Auto Copy 0.6.4
    > * Classic Menus for Winstripe 2.5
    > * Clipmarks 2.0.4
    > * ColorfulTabs 2.0.2
    > * ColorZilla 1.0
    > * Firefox Extension Backup Extension (FEBE) 4.0.5
    > * FireFTP 0.96.4
    > * FoxNotes 2.6.5
    > * Google Notebook 1.0.0.16
    > * Google Toolbar for Firefox 3.0.20070420W
    > * gTranslate 0.3.1
    > * IE Tab 1.3.2.20070404
    > * IE View 1.3.3
    > * Image Toolbar 0.6.4
    > * ImageBot 3.4.5
    > * InfoLister 0.9f
    > * Java Console 6.0.01 [disabled]
    > * Kodak EasyShare Gallery Companion 1.0.9.2
    > * McAfee SiteAdvisor 26.3 [disabled]
    > * MeasureIt 0.3.6
    > * Menu Editor 1.2.3.3
    > * MySpace PFF Addon 0.3
    > * No Go Buttons 0.1.1
    > * Notefish 1.0.1.11
    > * OpenDownload 1.0.0
    > * Restart Firefox 0.3
    > * Rewind/Fastforward Buttons 1.4.2006100801
    > * Sage 1.3.10
    > * Save As Image 1.044
    > * ScribeFire 1.4.0.1
    > * Searchbar Autosizer 1.3.7
    > * Speed Dial 0.2.1
    > * StumbleUpon 3.05
    > * Tab Mix Plus 0.3.5.2
    > * Unofficial Myspace Toolbar 1.4.9
    > * URL Link 2.01.0
    > * ViewSourceWith 0.0.9
    > * WellRounded 0.43 [disabled]
    > * Yahoo! Photos Easy Upload Tool 2006.10.5
    > * Yahoo! Toolbar 1.4.0.20070112
    > * yourminis.com HUD 1.0.1.2

    oh good golly miss molly! Do you really need all those extensions?
    The more you have, the more problems you could experience.

    , May 18, 2007
  10. History Fan

    Ed Mullen Guest

    wrote:
    > On May 18, 6:00 am, Jason L © <> wrote:
    >> Extensions (enabled: 42, disabled: 3):

    > oh good golly miss molly! Do you really need all those extensions?
    > The more you have, the more problems you could experience.

    Not "could" experience but "WILL" experience. Geez. forty-eleven
    extensions installed and he's still asking: "How could this not work?"

    I would rather ask: "How /could/ this possibly be expected to work?"

    Assume a unique developer for each extension. And the core product is
    open source and is developed by an (almost) infinite number of
    programmers. And you expect this to work? Good luck.

    It's the dancing bear syndrome: It's not how well the bear dances, it's
    that he dances at all that is amazing.

    To the OP: minimize your chances for failure/problems: get rid of
    every extension that you don't really need. Mozilla does not manage nor
    endorse extensions; they are created by other people, not managed, not
    certified, not validated, by anyone. Extensions are a total crap shoot:
    That is, a complete gamble. Installing any extension is "at your own
    risk."

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, May 19, 2007
  11. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > To the OP: minimize your chances for failure/problems: get rid of every
    > extension that you don't really need. Mozilla does not manage nor endorse
    > extensions; they are created by other people, not managed, not certified,
    > not validated, by anyone. Extensions are a total crap shoot: That is, a
    > complete gamble. Installing any extension is "at your own risk."

    For the most part, I've tried to do that the past year. Although I
    admit I have a few extensions installed that are not essential. However,
    those extensions perform very minor tasks and I doubt they are behind my
    problem with lowes.com. Such as one called 'Print Image'. It adds that
    feature to the context menu. Another is called 'Search Engine Sorting',
    which sorts search engines alphabetically with the touch of a button.

    For the record, I currently have 20 extensions installed.

    History Fan, May 19, 2007
  12. History Fan wrote:
    >> To the OP: minimize your chances for failure/problems: get rid of every
    >> extension that you don't really need. Mozilla does not manage nor endorse
    >> extensions; they are created by other people, not managed, not certified,
    >> not validated, by anyone. Extensions are a total crap shoot: That is, a
    >> complete gamble. Installing any extension is "at your own risk."
    >>

    > For the most part, I've tried to do that the past year. Although I
    > admit I have a few extensions installed that are not essential. However,
    > those extensions perform very minor tasks and I doubt they are behind my
    > problem with lowes.com. Such as one called 'Print Image'. It adds that
    > feature to the context menu. Another is called 'Search Engine Sorting',
    > which sorts search engines alphabetically with the touch of a button.
    >
    > For the record, I currently have 20 extensions installed.

    Whether or not you think the extension could possibly impact on your
    problem is somewhat immaterial.

    Extensions can do funny things when mixed with other extensions, if they
    have never been tested together or in the exact combo you have them in,
    problems can arise.

    In any case, go to safe mode and try it then! Whether or not you think
    so, that will resolve the question whether your extensions mix is
    impacting on the lowes problem or not. If it does the same thing with
    no extensions, then you can say your 20 extensions are okay, otherwise
    you cannot.

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 20, 2007
  13. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > Whether or not you think the extension could possibly impact on your
    > problem is somewhat immaterial.

    It may very well be an extension issue. However, I am quite happy
    with the extensions I currently have installed, and will not removed them
    because of a minor glitch with lowes.com. I have IE Tab configured to load
    the IE engine with that website. That's good enough for me.

    History Fan, May 20, 2007
  14. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    >> Whether or not you think the extension could possibly impact on your
    >> problem is somewhat immaterial.

    > It may very well be an extension issue. However, I am quite happy
    > with the extensions I currently have installed, and will not removed them
    > because of a minor glitch with lowes.com. I have IE Tab configured to
    > load the IE engine with that website. That's good enough for me.

    Let me rephrase the 2nd sentence of my comment: I am quite happy with
    the extensions I currently have installed, and don't consider a glitch with
    lowes.com to be worth disabling/removing any one of them. If this script
    error message occurred at other websites, then I would consider removing an
    extension.

    History Fan, May 20, 2007
  15. History Fan wrote:
    >> Whether or not you think the extension could possibly impact on your
    >> problem is somewhat immaterial.

    > It may very well be an extension issue. However, I am quite happy
    > with the extensions I currently have installed, and will not removed them
    > because of a minor glitch with lowes.com. I have IE Tab configured to load
    > the IE engine with that website. That's good enough for me.

    I am recommending a TEST! A temporary test to see if it IS your
    extensions or not impacting on the Lowes problem

    But I guess you dont want to resolve the Lowes problem then... pray
    tell, why you posted about it in the first place then?

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 20, 2007
  16. History Fan wrote:
    > "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    >>> Whether or not you think the extension could possibly impact on your
    >>> problem is somewhat immaterial.

    >> It may very well be an extension issue. However, I am quite happy
    >> with the extensions I currently have installed, and will not removed them
    >> because of a minor glitch with lowes.com. I have IE Tab configured to
    >> load the IE engine with that website. That's good enough for me.
    >>

    > Let me rephrase the 2nd sentence of my comment: I am quite happy with
    > the extensions I currently have installed, and don't consider a glitch with
    > lowes.com to be worth disabling/removing any one of them. If this script
    > error message occurred at other websites, then I would consider removing an
    > extension.

    Well unless you do the test NO ONE will ever know will they? No one can
    say at the moment exactly what is causing the problem, it may be an
    extension, it may not be. We suggested means of finding out, but you
    dont even seem to want to do that now.

    Funny, it was you who brought the problem up. If it isnt worth your time
    to test to find out, then why did you bring the problem up in the first
    place? You want us to waste OUR time answering your posts, but you wont
    even do a simple test?

    Goodnight Irene

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 20, 2007
  17. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > Funny, it was you who brought the problem up. If it isnt worth your time
    > to test to find out, then why did you bring the problem up in the first
    > place? You want us to waste OUR time answering your posts, but you wont
    > even do a simple test?

    I'm not trying to waste anyone's time. And I don't enjoy arguing on
    the Internet at all. Perhaps I was a bit haughty in my previous comments.
    However, that was a reaction to what I considered your snobby comments
    towards me. Let's just move on and forget this. The Internet has enough
    flame wars.

    History Fan, May 20, 2007