    software? It is a media player/website format, but does not work with
    Firefox. Or does it and I am doing something wrong?

    ***Firefox... if you read this, is there a plugin for this?***
    Chris A. Perdue, Apr 19, 2005

  2. Chris A. Perdue

    Moz Champion Guest

    Chris A. Perdue wrote:
    > Anyone out there know if Firefox will ever have a plug-in for the Live 365
    > software? It is a media player/website format, but does not work with
    > Firefox. Or does it and I am doing something wrong?
    >
    > ***Firefox... if you read this, is there a plugin for this?***

    Live 365 provides its own software (free)
    Its a program that runs in addition to a browser.
    Moz Champion, Apr 19, 2005

  3. Surprising to say. The browser live365 does not work with Firefox. That
    was what I was curious about.

    "Moz Champion" <> wrote in message
    > Chris A. Perdue wrote:
    >> Anyone out there know if Firefox will ever have a plug-in for the Live
    >> 365 software? It is a media player/website format, but does not work
    >> with Firefox. Or does it and I am doing something wrong?
    >>
    >> ***Firefox... if you read this, is there a plugin for this?***

    > Live 365 provides its own software (free)
    > Its a program that runs in addition to a browser.

    It has removed 81 spam emails to date.
    Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
    Chris A. Perdue, Apr 19, 2005
  4. Chris A. Perdue

    shadowking Guest

    I agree 100%. Its too bad firefox doesn't work with live365.

    shadowking, Apr 19, 2005
  5. Chris A. Perdue

    Moz Champion Guest

    shadowking wrote:
    > I agree 100%. Its too bad firefox doesn't work with live365.
    >

    > "Chris A. Perdue" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Surprising to say. The browser live365 does not work with Firefox. That
    >>was what I was curious about.
    >>

    >>"Moz Champion" <> wrote in message

    >>>Live 365 provides its own software (free)
    >>>Its a program that runs in addition to a browser.

    >>--
    >>I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
    >>It has removed 81 spam emails to date.
    >>Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
    >>Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

    I dont understand what you mean 'doesnt work with'
    The Live 365 works as a seperate program, you dont even need to be
    operating a browser to use it.
    Moz Champion, Apr 20, 2005
  6. Moz Champion,

    When I go to run the Live 365 in firefox, it requires a special plug-in.
    However, Firefox doesn't support that plugin that is needed. I hope I
    made
    myself a little more clear. Don't use the PLAYER-365. That works fine,
    but
    you have to pay for that. The regular LIVE 365 player, detects Real, WMP,
    or whatever to play the Live365-cast. That is what I and many others are
    having problems with.

    Thanks,
    Chris

    Chris A. Perdue, Apr 20, 2005
  7. Chris A. Perdue

    Moz Champion Guest

    Chris A. Perdue wrote:
    > Moz Champion,
    >
    > When I go to run the Live 365 in firefox, it requires a special plug-in.
    > However, Firefox doesn't support that plugin that is needed. I hope I
    > made
    > myself a little more clear. Don't use the PLAYER-365. That works fine,
    > but
    > you have to pay for that. The regular LIVE 365 player, detects Real, WMP,
    > or whatever to play the Live365-cast. That is what I and many others are
    > having problems with.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    > It has removed 81 spam emails to date.
    > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

    Please point to which software you are speaking of, on the Live 365 site
    Moz Champion, Apr 20, 2005
  8. Do you even use Live-365? Not the player365, but the live365 itself. On
    my
    end it keeps re-installing the software (program) to listen to a net radio
    station. It says it is installed, then I don't have a specified player
    that
    runs the *.pls file. WMP and Real doesn't recognize it in Firefox. I may
    need to go back and use the reliable (man, I can't believe I said that)
    Internet browser, called Explorer.

    If you use a media player that uses the *.pls file, post it on here. I
    know
    I am not the only one with this problem, since I have alot of people
    telling
    me that they don't like firefox for this reason.

    Chris A. Perdue, Apr 20, 2005
  9. Chris A. Perdue

    Moz Champion Guest

    Chris A. Perdue wrote:
    > Do you even use Live-365? Not the player365, but the live365 itself. On
    > my
    > end it keeps re-installing the software (program) to listen to a net radio
    > station. It says it is installed, then I don't have a specified player
    > that
    > runs the *.pls file. WMP and Real doesn't recognize it in Firefox. I may
    > need to go back and use the reliable (man, I can't believe I said that)
    > Internet browser, called Explorer.
    >
    > If you use a media player that uses the *.pls file, post it on here. I
    > know
    > I am not the only one with this problem, since I have alot of people
    > telling
    > me that they don't like firefox for this reason.

    > It has removed 81 spam emails to date.
    > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

    Since you snipped out the relevent material, I dont understand what you
    are speaking of
    The problem is familiar to you (it IS your problem afterall) but it isnt
    to me
    You may have the time to go back and re-read each and every thread just
    to see whats going on, I dont.

    You dont want to quote pertinant parts of preceeding messages, thats
    your business, but since it leaves me without all the information so as
    to be able to formulate a response, your business it shall remain I guess.

    As I recall I was attempting to assist you with a problem, I guess you
    dont want my assistance, as you have decided what the problem is, and
    how someone else can correct it. Funny that, isnt it? Since you in
    your wisdom KNOW exactly what the problem is, then I guess you in your
    wisdom can fix it.

    Chris A. Perdue, Apr 22, 2005
  12. Chris A. Perdue

    Moz Champion Guest

    Chris A. Perdue wrote:
    > Moz Champion,
    >
    > When I go to run the Live 365 in firefox, it requires a special plug-in.
    > However, Firefox doesn't support that plugin that is needed. I hope I
    > made
    > myself a little more clear. Don't use the PLAYER-365. That works fine,
    > but
    > you have to pay for that. The regular LIVE 365 player, detects Real, WMP,
    > or whatever to play the Live365-cast. That is what I and many others are
    > having problems with.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    > It has removed 81 spam emails to date.
    > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

    Finally found what you are using.

    Its not compatable with Netscape either! It requires IE (or at least
    thats what the documentation states) Cant say, but it probably uses
    active X or the MS java or someother IE only feature that isnt web standard.

    http://www.yesterdayusa.com/live365_24K_stream_player_link.htm

    Why dont you ask Live 365 why they dont produce a plug in that wont work
    with anything else but IE?
    AFAIK its not Firefox that is limiting the plug in, but the plug ins
    designers who have chosen to only code for IE.

    The other versions of the software (which are all pay versions)
    Live365, Radio365 and Studio365 are standalones, not plug ins

    Hmmm, according to this, you have to turn pop up blocking OFF for the
    plug in to work (or at least start)
    http://www.sglive365.com/

    AHA! Here's a nifty trick to get around using their plug in!

    http://www.bootliquor.com/faq.php

    According to this, you can set it so you can use anyplug in that plays
    streaming audio

    Even they provide alternatives (this it the windows list)
    http://www.live365.com/help/listen/windows/index.html

    So, in short, your answer is, dont use that plug in <g> Use another plug
    in that IS compatable with Firefox (or Mozilla or Netscape)
    Moz Champion, Apr 25, 2005
  13. Chris A. Perdue

    Moz Champion Guest

    Chris A. Perdue wrote:
    > Moz Champion,
    >
    > When I go to run the Live 365 in firefox, it requires a special plug-in.
    > However, Firefox doesn't support that plugin that is needed. I hope I
    > made
    > myself a little more clear. Don't use the PLAYER-365. That works fine,
    > but
    > you have to pay for that. The regular LIVE 365 player, detects Real, WMP,
    > or whatever to play the Live365-cast. That is what I and many others are
    > having problems with.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    > It has removed 81 spam emails to date.