    lists Java version 5 update 1. Is it really necessary to install both
    versions for both browsers to use Java?
    , Jul 8, 2006

  2. gwtc Guest

    wrote:
    > I've got a question about the Java Runtime Environment program. I've
    > never paid much attention to it in the past, but I know it is an
    > important plug-in for Firefox. I always thought there was one version
    > of Java for Windows that would work with all browsers.
    >
    > Yet if I visit the Java download home page, version 5 update 7 for
    > Internet Explorer is listed. If I visit the Firefox plug-in page, it
    > lists Java version 5 update 1. Is it really necessary to install both
    > versions for both browsers to use Java?

    just go ahead download and install:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

    --
    You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . you wake up looking like
    your driver's license picture.
    gwtc, Jul 8, 2006

  3. gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jul 8, 2006
  4. gwtc wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> I've got a question about the Java Runtime Environment program. I've
    >> never paid much attention to it in the past, but I know it is an
    >> important plug-in for Firefox. I always thought there was one version
    >> of Java for Windows that would work with all browsers.
    >>
    >> Yet if I visit the Java download home page, version 5 update 7 for
    >> Internet Explorer is listed. If I visit the Firefox plug-in page, it
    >> lists Java version 5 update 1. Is it really necessary to install both
    >> versions for both browsers to use Java?
    >>

    > just go ahead download and install:
    > http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

    To save disk space uninstall previous versions as version 7 just intalls
    standalone and other versions, although not required, still sit there.

    --
    Keith (Southend)
    http://www.southendweather.net
    Keith (Southend), Jul 8, 2006