Firefox and IE problem because of a virus

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by darfun, Jun 20, 2010.

  1. darfun

    darfun Guest

    Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer don't really function anymore,
    or i don't trust them enough to use them anymore. The problem is
    difficult to describe, but random elements of certain pages refuse to
    load. Sometimes entire pages do not load. Any sort've Flash interface
    seems to not function. It could be javascript also. Running Firefox in
    safe mode does nothing.

    I figured a picture might help describe the problem more accurately,
    currently one of the most busted sites is Penny Arcade. Firefox and
    Internet Explorer both make the website look like this:

    http://kwix.shackspace.com/firefoxbroke.JPG

    I also happen to have Google Chrome installed - and the strange thing
    is that Chrome works like a charm and was obviously unaffected by
    these viruses. What i want to know is there anyway of repairing my
    Firefox and IE back to a stable running condition? I mean - i could
    just use Chrome now, but i'd rather use the browser i enjoy using.
    I've already tried reinstalling both of these applications with 0
    effect. Could this be caused by some sort've registry edit? Perhaps
    there is something else i can do to help discover exactly what is
    wrong with them? Any info you guys can give me on what i might be able
    to do to fix these two applications would be huge. Thanks. I know that
    it might not be either of them, there are tons of mini apps that get
    installed as you browse - things like javascript and flash and i worry
    that perhaps one of them is busted now, but if thats true then why
    does Chrome work? See the solutions at
    http://qna.techvts.com/63/firefox-and-ie-problem-due-to-a-virus#85

    darfun, Jun 20, 2010

  2. darfun

    Rob Guest

    darfun <> wrote:
    > Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer don't really function anymore,
    > or i don't trust them enough to use them anymore.

    When using the web interface of a Cisco router?
    Or are you again spamming an unrelated newsgroup with you usual crap?

    Rob, Jun 20, 2010