    uninstall it?

    thanks

    will.
    will, Jul 19, 2004

  2. will

    Collector Guest

    will said the following on 19/07/2004 12:15:

    > is there a way to natively disable/not load Flash in Firefox? i see that
    > there's a Flashblock, but is there anything built in?
    >
    > additionally, i don't seem to have flash player installed, but Flash is
    > being served somehow, how do i find out which apps is serving Flash and
    > uninstall it?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > will.

    If you dont have flash installed you will see the get plugin message.

    Perhpas you have turned on something to automatically download plugins?

    To check your flash status go to http://primetv.co.nz which has two
    flash items on its splash page.

    I use adblock (which now works fully for all ver of Firefox) and
    provides a good way of killing flash that I dont want (I unlike some do
    like the odd flash feature on some sites)
    Collector, Jul 19, 2004

  3. will

    AD. Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:15:19 +1200, will wrote:

    > is there a way to natively disable/not load Flash in Firefox? i see that
    > there's a Flashblock, but is there anything built in?
    >
    > additionally, i don't seem to have flash player installed, but Flash is
    > being served somehow, how do i find out which apps is serving Flash and
    > uninstall it?

    I recommend installing the Flash Click to Play extension in Firefox. That
    way you can still see Flash content on the rare occasion you want/need to.

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Jul 19, 2004
  4. will

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:15:19 +1200, in message
    <40fb12cb$>, will wrote:

    > is there a way to natively disable/not load Flash in Firefox? i see that
    > there's a Flashblock, but is there anything built in?
    >
    > additionally, i don't seem to have flash player installed, but Flash is
    > being served somehow, how do i find out which apps is serving Flash and
    > uninstall it?

    In Firefox, enter the URL

    about:plugins

    After the about:plugins page has loaded, scroll down to find the
    flash plug-in. The entry may look like this

    | File name: npswf32.dll
    | Shockwave Flash 6.0 r29
    |
    | MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    | ----------------------------- ---------------------- -------- -------
    | application/x-shockwave-flash Macromedia Flash movie swf Yes
    | application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie spl Yes

    The plug-in .dll file (in my case "npswf32.dll") is the file which you want
    to uninstall.

    There is only one shortcoming with the about:plugins page -- it does not
    tell you the full file path to the plug-in .dll file.

    To make it show the full path, first enter the URL

    about:config

    When the about:config page has loaded, scroll down to find the
    line

    | plugin.expose_full_path default boolean true

    Double-click this line, and change the value from false to true.
    The line should now show

    | plugin.expose_full_path user set boolean true

    Now when you go back to the about:plugins page, it will show the
    full path to the plug-in .dll file.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Change is inevitable. Progress is optional.
    Ralph Fox, Jul 19, 2004
  5. will

    will Guest

    > In Firefox, enter the URL
    >
    > about:plugins

    #### thanks, that did it. it was Opera's plugin.

    will.
    will, Jul 20, 2004
  6. will

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:35:24 +1200, in message
    <40fd9051$>, will wrote:

    > thanks, that did it.

    You're welcome.
    Ralph Fox, Jul 21, 2004