    disabled all installed extensions in the vent of conflict, but no joy.
    Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    RJHJ

    RJH, Aug 7, 2006

  2. RJH wrote:
    > I'm having a problem with Firefox and flash chat. A site I visit has
    > links to open a chat page in flash. The page will open, and I am able
    > to type and send my message. However, it appears that the individual
    > on the other end can not send a message to me. In IE it states that we
    > both have entered the chat room. However in FF it says that I have
    > entered, but not the other person. Using FF 1.5.06 and have
    > uninstalled, re- installed Macromedia (Adobe) flash. Also have
    > disabled all installed extensions in the vent of conflict, but no joy.
    > Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    > RJHJ

    Perhaps if you gave us the url of the Flash chat it would be of assistance.

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Aug 7, 2006

  3. RJH

    gwtc Guest

    RJH wrote:
    > I'm having a problem with Firefox and flash chat. A site I visit has
    > links to open a chat page in flash. The page will open, and I am able
    > to type and send my message. However, it appears that the individual
    > on the other end can not send a message to me. In IE it states that we
    > both have entered the chat room. However in FF it says that I have
    > entered, but not the other person. Using FF 1.5.06 and have
    > uninstalled, re- installed Macromedia (Adobe) flash. Also have
    > disabled all installed extensions in the vent of conflict, but no joy.
    > Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    > RJHJ

    are you sure you're using flash and not quicktime flash?

    --
    Caught Asleep At Your Work Desk

    Just in case your boss catches you asleep at your desk, be ready to
    blurt out this excuse #1: I was working smarter - not harder.

    gwtc, Aug 8, 2006
  4. RJH

    RJH Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > RJH wrote:
    > > I'm having a problem with Firefox and flash chat. A site I visit has
    > > links to open a chat page in flash. The page will open, and I am able
    > > to type and send my message. However, it appears that the individual
    > > on the other end can not send a message to me. In IE it states that we
    > > both have entered the chat room. However in FF it says that I have
    > > entered, but not the other person. Using FF 1.5.06 and have
    > > uninstalled, re- installed Macromedia (Adobe) flash. Also have
    > > disabled all installed extensions in the vent of conflict, but no joy.
    > > Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    > > RJHJ
    > >

    > are you sure you're using flash and not quicktime flash?
    >
    > --
    > Caught Asleep At Your Work Desk
    >
    > Just in case your boss catches you asleep at your desk, be ready to
    > blurt out this excuse #1: I was working smarter - not harder.

    Yes, it's flash.

    RJH, Aug 8, 2006
  5. RJH wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> RJH wrote:
    >>> I'm having a problem with Firefox and flash chat. A site I visit has
    >>> links to open a chat page in flash. The page will open, and I am able
    >>> to type and send my message. However, it appears that the individual
    >>> on the other end can not send a message to me. In IE it states that we
    >>> both have entered the chat room. However in FF it says that I have
    >>> entered, but not the other person. Using FF 1.5.06 and have
    >>> uninstalled, re- installed Macromedia (Adobe) flash. Also have
    >>> disabled all installed extensions in the vent of conflict, but no joy.
    >>> Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    >>> RJHJ
    >>>

    >> are you sure you're using flash and not quicktime flash?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Caught Asleep At Your Work Desk
    >>
    >> Just in case your boss catches you asleep at your desk, be ready to
    >> blurt out this excuse #1: I was working smarter - not harder.

    > Yes, it's flash.

    well, how about giving us a url so we can check it out?

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Aug 8, 2006
  6. RJH

    gwtc Guest

    RJH wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> RJH wrote:
    >>> I'm having a problem with Firefox and flash chat. A site I visit has
    >>> links to open a chat page in flash. The page will open, and I am able
    >>> to type and send my message. However, it appears that the individual
    >>> on the other end can not send a message to me. In IE it states that we
    >>> both have entered the chat room. However in FF it says that I have
    >>> entered, but not the other person. Using FF 1.5.06 and have
    >>> uninstalled, re- installed Macromedia (Adobe) flash. Also have
    >>> disabled all installed extensions in the vent of conflict, but no joy.
    >>> Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    >>> RJHJ
    >>>

    >> are you sure you're using flash and not quicktime flash?

    > Yes, it's flash.

    in the address bar type in about:plugins and look for the flash files
    of swf. What is listed for playing them?

    gwtc, Aug 8, 2006
  7. RJH

    RJH Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > RJH wrote:
    > > gwtc wrote:
    > >>>
    > >> are you sure you're using flash and not quicktime flash?

    > > Yes, it's flash.
    > >

    > in the address bar type in about:plugins and look for the flash files
    > of swf. What is listed for playing them?

    Adobe Flash movie is listed. Thank you for the help so far.

    RJH, Aug 9, 2006
  8. RJH

    gwtc Guest

    RJH wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> RJH wrote:

    >>> Yes, it's flash.
    >>>

    >> in the address bar type in about:plugins and look for the flash files
    >> of swf. What is listed for playing them?

    > Adobe Flash movie is listed. Thank you for the help so far.

    then, as someone else has mentioned, how about posting a link so
    someone can go and check it out.

    gwtc, Aug 9, 2006