    Tried Internet explorer and that was ok , I was able to search.

    Any ideas please folks.
    Alan.
    Alan, Jun 24, 2007

  2. Alan

    Guest

    On Jun 24, 1:26 pm, "Alan" <> wrote:
    > Hi People....
    >
    > After days of trawling its no good, I'll have to ask.
    >
    > using eBay I wanted to "search by bidder"
    >
    > I ended up in a loop where I kept getting asked for my password.
    > I put it in only to be asked for my password again and again.
    >
    > Now everything else works fine . i.e. it remembers my password all day etc.
    >
    > Its just the one place.
    >
    > Tried Internet explorer and that was ok , I was able to search.
    >
    > Any ideas please folks.
    > Alan.

    go into tools, options, privacy, passwords, and click on the View
    Saved Passwords button. Look for the ebay entry and remove it. Now
    try again. Does it work now?
    , Jun 24, 2007

  3. Alan

    Alan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Jun 24, 1:26 pm, "Alan" <> wrote:

    > go into tools, options, privacy, passwords, and click on the View
    > Saved Passwords button. Look for the ebay entry and remove it. Now
    > try again. Does it work now?

    No joy.... no passwords in there now. and still no go.
    Alan, Jun 24, 2007
  4. Alan

    Guest

    On Jun 24, 2:11 pm, "Alan" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > On Jun 24, 1:26 pm, "Alan" <> wrote:

    > > go into tools, options, privacy, passwords, and click on the View
    > > Saved Passwords button. Look for the ebay entry and remove it. Now
    > > try again. Does it work now?

    > No joy.... no passwords in there now. and still no go.

    then try emptying the cache and deleting the cookies. You find it in
    the same area as the password. Once done, close FF and restart it.
    Did that work?
    , Jun 24, 2007
  5. Alan

    Alan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Jun 24, 2:11 pm, "Alan" <> wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message

    >> > On Jun 24, 1:26 pm, "Alan" <> wrote:

    >> > go into tools, options, privacy, passwords, and click on the View
    >> > Saved Passwords button. Look for the ebay entry and remove it. Now
    >> > try again. Does it work now?

    >> No joy.... no passwords in there now. and still no go.

    > then try emptying the cache and deleting the cookies. You find it in
    > the same area as the password. Once done, close FF and restart it.
    > Did that work?

    Nope have already tried that before...., also all details cleared when I
    close FF each time etc.

    Its really weird...
    Alan, Jun 24, 2007
  6. Alan

    Rob Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:42:10 GMT, "Alan" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Jun 24, 2:11 pm, "Alan" <> wrote:
    >>> <> wrote in message

    >>> No joy.... no passwords in there now. and still no go.

    >> then try emptying the cache and deleting the cookies. You find it in
    >> the same area as the password. Once done, close FF and restart it.
    >> Did that work?
    >>

    >Nope have already tried that before...., also all details cleared when I
    >close FF each time etc.
    >
    >Its really weird...

    When I've had similar problems with ebay, it's always been a blocked
    cookie. I presently have 29 (!) ebay cookie urls enabled in order to
    navigate ebay. Try checking the cookies | exceptions list for a blocked
    url. Good luck.
    Rob, Jun 25, 2007
  7. Alan

    Alan Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:42:10 GMT, "Alan" <> wrote:

    > When I've had similar problems with ebay, it's always been a blocked
    > cookie. I presently have 29 (!) ebay cookie urls enabled in order to
    > navigate ebay. Try checking the cookies | exceptions list for a blocked
    > url. Good luck.

    Waheeeeyyy

    Good on ya Rob....

    It was a cgi eBay 6 (or similar) sneaky little bugger it was.

    Now sorted.

    Thanks for the help folks,

    Alan
    Alan, Jun 26, 2007