    I have re-downloaded the latest version of Firefox, but to not avail.

    This started happening yesterday; I have no idea why.

    Any suggestions, thanks?
    AllButOne, Jul 16, 2006

  2. AllButOne wrote:

    > For some reason I am having problems with Firefox and cookies. I
    > "allow sites to set cookies" but I am constantly getting logged out
    > of webmail, etc, because I am apparantly not accepting cookies.

    Have you checked the "Exceptions" button, to make sure you haven't
    blocked the site?

    > I have re-downloaded the latest version of Firefox, but to not avail.

    Reinstalling would most likely reuse the same profile, with the same
    cookie rules.

    Try setting: Keep Cookies: ask me every time
    choose to accept it (them) and "don't ask me again." But only for sites
    where you *need* them.

    Sensible folks refuse cookies from advertising sites and web counters.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 16, 2006

  3. AllButOne

    ProfGene Guest

    AllButOne wrote:
    > For some reason I am having problems with Firefox and cookies. I "allow
    > sites to set cookies" but I am constantly getting logged out of webmail,
    > etc, because I am apparantly not accepting cookies.
    >
    > I have re-downloaded the latest version of Firefox, but to not avail.
    >
    > This started happening yesterday; I have no idea why.
    >
    > Any suggestions, thanks?

    Go to Tools Options and Privacy to see if you have allowing cookies checked.
    ProfGene, Jul 17, 2006
  4. ProfGene wrote:

    > AllButOne wrote:
    >> For some reason I am having problems with Firefox and cookies. I
    >> "allow sites to set cookies" but I am constantly getting logged out
    >> of webmail, etc, because I am apparantly not accepting cookies.
    >>
    >> I have re-downloaded the latest version of Firefox, but to not
    >> avail.
    >>
    >> This started happening yesterday; I have no idea why.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions, thanks?

    > Go to Tools Options and Privacy to see if you have allowing cookies
    > checked.

    What part of "I allow sites to set cookies" did you miss?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 17, 2006