    want that question back, because I never remember there are other tabs
    open. How do I get that question back? I cant find it in the
    options.

    suitn'tie@________.com, Dec 13, 2006

  2. suitn'tie@________.com

    Miller Guest

    *suitn'tie@________.com* wrote on 13.12.06 10:30:
    > I am used to IE so when I finish a webpage I close it. Unfortunately
    > Firefox has the tabs, so when I close that one window, all the other
    > tabs close. A while back I upgraded from Firefox 0.8 to whatever the
    > latest version was at that time. I soon had all kinds of problems ith
    > Firefox, and I finally removed Firefox completely, and reinstalled
    > version 0.8 again. I am much happier with the old version. The only
    > thing is this. It used to ask me "do you want to close all tabs". I
    > want that question back, because I never remember there are other tabs
    > open. How do I get that question back? I cant find it in the
    > options.

    Tools -> Options -> Tabs -> [ ] Warn me when closing multiple tabs
    That'a where you can find it in Firefox 2.0

    HTH, M.

    Miller, Dec 13, 2006

  3. suitn'tie@________.com

    Rom Guest

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 03:30:55 -0600, suitn'tie@________.com wrote:

    > I am used to IE so when I finish a webpage I close it. Unfortunately
    > Firefox has the tabs, so when I close that one window, all the other
    > tabs close. A while back I upgraded from Firefox 0.8 to whatever the
    > latest version was at that time. I soon had all kinds of problems ith
    > Firefox, and I finally removed Firefox completely, and reinstalled
    > version 0.8 again. I am much happier with the old version. The only
    > thing is this. It used to ask me "do you want to close all tabs". I
    > want that question back, because I never remember there are other tabs
    > open. How do I get that question back? I cant find it in the
    > options.

    I don't recall where or if 0.8 had such a setting in Options, but in
    2.0 it's "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" and located in Tabs.

    Otherwise, in the Location Bar enter: about:config
    In the Filter box enter: browser.tabs.warnOnClose
    The default value is true, so double-click to toggle if it's false.

    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries>

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Dec 13, 2006
  4. On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:53:35 +1100, Rom <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 03:30:55 -0600, suitn'tie@________.com wrote:
    >
    >> I am used to IE so when I finish a webpage I close it. Unfortunately
    >> Firefox has the tabs, so when I close that one window, all the other
    >> tabs close. A while back I upgraded from Firefox 0.8 to whatever the
    >> latest version was at that time. I soon had all kinds of problems ith
    >> Firefox, and I finally removed Firefox completely, and reinstalled
    >> version 0.8 again. I am much happier with the old version. The only
    >> thing is this. It used to ask me "do you want to close all tabs". I
    >> want that question back, because I never remember there are other tabs
    >> open. How do I get that question back? I cant find it in the
    >> options.

    >I don't recall where or if 0.8 had such a setting in Options, but in
    >2.0 it's "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" and located in Tabs.

    That dont seem to be in this version.

    >Otherwise, in the Location Bar enter: about:config
    >In the Filter box enter: browser.tabs.warnOnClose
    >The default value is true, so double-click to toggle if it's false.

    How do I get to that about:config thing?

    suitn'tie@________.com, Dec 15, 2006
  5. suitn'tie@________.com

    Miller Guest

    *suitn'tie@________.com* wrote on 15.12.06 02:17:
    > On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:53:35 +1100, Rom <> wrote:

    >>I don't recall where or if 0.8 had such a setting in Options, but in
    >>2.0 it's "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" and located in Tabs.

    > That dont seem to be in this version.

    Your version is over two years old now, how about updating?

    >>Otherwise, in the Location Bar enter: about:config
    >>In the Filter box enter: browser.tabs.warnOnClose
    >>The default value is true, so double-click to toggle if it's false.
    >>

    > How do I get to that about:config thing?

    Just type it into the adress-field and hit enter.

    HTH, M.

    Miller, Dec 15, 2006
  6. On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 02:55:53 +0100, Miller <>
    wrote:

    >*suitn'tie@________.com* wrote on 15.12.06 02:17:
    >> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:53:35 +1100, Rom <> wrote:

    >>>I don't recall where or if 0.8 had such a setting in Options, but in
    >>>2.0 it's "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" and located in Tabs.

    >> That dont seem to be in this version.

    >Your version is over two years old now, how about updating?
    >
    >>>Otherwise, in the Location Bar enter: about:config
    >>>In the Filter box enter: browser.tabs.warnOnClose
    >>>The default value is true, so double-click to toggle if it's false.
    >>>

    >> How do I get to that about:config thing?

    >Just type it into the adress-field and hit enter.
    >
    >HTH, M.

    I got *about config* opened, but still cant find any way to change the
    tab thing.

    I already upgraded, had far too many problems with the later versions,
    and 2.0 was the worst and slowest of all. 0.8 was always the best,
    but 0.9 worked fine too. I wanted to go back to 0.9, but could not
    find where to download those older versions. I guess they no longer
    want people using these older version so they dont have the downloads
    availabl anymore. Fortunately I had saved the download of 0.8 on my
    hard drive, so I installed that. I'll install 0.9 again if I can find
    where to download it. I will never go higher than that. Starting
    with 1.x I had nothing but trouble. Firefox should have stuck with
    their original format they had prior to 1.0. It was a great program
    till they ruined it. If I find 0.9, this time I will save the
    download.

    suitn'tie@________.com, Dec 22, 2006
  7. suitn'tie@________.com wrote:
    > On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 02:55:53 +0100, Miller <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> *suitn'tie@________.com* wrote on 15.12.06 02:17:
    >>> That dont seem to be in this version.

    >> Your version is over two years old now, how about updating?

    >>> How do I get to that about:config thing?

    >> Just type it into the adress-field and hit enter.
    >>
    >> HTH, M.

    > I got *about config* opened, but still cant find any way to change the
    > tab thing.
    >
    > I already upgraded, had far too many problems with the later versions,
    > and 2.0 was the worst and slowest of all. 0.8 was always the best,
    > but 0.9 worked fine too. I wanted to go back to 0.9, but could not
    > find where to download those older versions. I guess they no longer
    > want people using these older version so they dont have the downloads
    > availabl anymore. Fortunately I had saved the download of 0.8 on my
    > hard drive, so I installed that. I'll install 0.9 again if I can find
    > where to download it. I will never go higher than that. Starting
    > with 1.x I had nothing but trouble. Firefox should have stuck with
    > their original format they had prior to 1.0. It was a great program
    > till they ruined it. If I find 0.9, this time I will save the
    > download.

    Its in the eye of the beholder, I guess. I find 2.0 to be far and away
    the best version released yet.

    You really mean 0.9, not 1.0.9? It is over two and a half years old? It
    seems the archives at mozilla.org don't go back further then 1.0. You
    can try here, though it appears to be Windows only:

    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=firefox

    The big problem is that with a version that old, most of us are not
    going to remember how it worked, in order to provide support, so you're
    pretty much on your own.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 22, 2006
  8. On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:32:38 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >suitn'tie@________.com wrote:
    >> On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 02:55:53 +0100, Miller <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Your version is over two years old now, how about updating?

    >>> Just type it into the adress-field and hit enter.
    >>>
    >>> HTH, M.

    >> I got *about config* opened, but still cant find any way to change the
    >> tab thing.
    >>
    >> I already upgraded, had far too many problems with the later versions,
    >> and 2.0 was the worst and slowest of all. 0.8 was always the best,
    >> but 0.9 worked fine too. I wanted to go back to 0.9, but could not
    >> find where to download those older versions. I guess they no longer
    >> want people using these older version so they dont have the downloads
    >> availabl anymore. Fortunately I had saved the download of 0.8 on my
    >> hard drive, so I installed that. I'll install 0.9 again if I can find
    >> where to download it. I will never go higher than that. Starting
    >> with 1.x I had nothing but trouble. Firefox should have stuck with
    >> their original format they had prior to 1.0. It was a great program
    >> till they ruined it. If I find 0.9, this time I will save the
    >> download.

    >Its in the eye of the beholder, I guess. I find 2.0 to be far and away
    >the best version released yet.
    >
    >You really mean 0.9, not 1.0.9? It is over two and a half years old? It
    >seems the archives at mozilla.org don't go back further then 1.0. You
    >can try here, though it appears to be Windows only:
    >
    >http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=firefox
    >
    >The big problem is that with a version that old, most of us are not
    >going to remember how it worked, in order to provide support, so you're
    >pretty much on your own.
    >
    >Lee

    Thanks for the link. I like that site, it's about time there is a
    place to download older stuff. As with most software, it starts out
    weak. If it survives, it gets to a point where it's good (if not
    great), then the authors feel it needs to be upgraded again and again,
    because some people seem to thing that old software is junk. So they
    upgrade it, and thats when it gets bloated and becomes unstable. Yes,
    0.9 is what I want, anything above 1.0 is far too unstable and crashes
    far too often. If these software authors would only remember the KISS
    theory (keep it simple stupid). I refuse to use anything above FF 0.9
    the same way I wont install windows XP. Win98 is just fine.
    Paint software is the worst. Photoshop is a prime example (as is all
    Adobe software). I use the old free version of Paint Shop Pro, and I
    still use version 3.12. Now they are up to version 9 or 10. What a
    waste of drive space and the thing is so damn bloated and slow it's
    useless. It's a shame that so many people force software authors to
    keep adding junk to their software and thus ruining it.

    suitn'tie@________.com, Dec 22, 2006
  9. suitn'tie@________.com wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:32:38 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> suitn'tie@________.com wrote:

    >>> I got *about config* opened, but still cant find any way to change the
    >>> tab thing.
    >>>
    >>> I already upgraded, had far too many problems with the later versions,
    >>> and 2.0 was the worst and slowest of all. 0.8 was always the best,
    >>> but 0.9 worked fine too. I wanted to go back to 0.9, but could not
    >>> find where to download those older versions. I guess they no longer
    >>> want people using these older version so they dont have the downloads
    >>> availabl anymore. Fortunately I had saved the download of 0.8 on my
    >>> hard drive, so I installed that. I'll install 0.9 again if I can find
    >>> where to download it. I will never go higher than that. Starting
    >>> with 1.x I had nothing but trouble. Firefox should have stuck with
    >>> their original format they had prior to 1.0. It was a great program
    >>> till they ruined it. If I find 0.9, this time I will save the
    >>> download.

    >> Its in the eye of the beholder, I guess. I find 2.0 to be far and away
    >> the best version released yet.
    >>
    >> You really mean 0.9, not 1.0.9? It is over two and a half years old? It
    >> seems the archives at mozilla.org don't go back further then 1.0. You
    >> can try here, though it appears to be Windows only:
    >>
    >> http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=firefox
    >>
    >> The big problem is that with a version that old, most of us are not
    >> going to remember how it worked, in order to provide support, so you're
    >> pretty much on your own.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Thanks for the link. I like that site, it's about time there is a
    > place to download older stuff. As with most software, it starts out
    > weak. If it survives, it gets to a point where it's good (if not
    > great), then the authors feel it needs to be upgraded again and again,
    > because some people seem to thing that old software is junk. So they
    > upgrade it, and thats when it gets bloated and becomes unstable. Yes,
    > 0.9 is what I want, anything above 1.0 is far too unstable and crashes
    > far too often. If these software authors would only remember the KISS
    > theory (keep it simple stupid). I refuse to use anything above FF 0.9
    > the same way I wont install windows XP. Win98 is just fine.
    > Paint software is the worst. Photoshop is a prime example (as is all
    > Adobe software). I use the old free version of Paint Shop Pro, and I
    > still use version 3.12. Now they are up to version 9 or 10. What a
    > waste of drive space and the thing is so damn bloated and slow it's
    > useless. It's a shame that so many people force software authors to
    > keep adding junk to their software and thus ruining it.

    That's fine if it works for you. Just realize there will not be much in
    the way of support. Finding extensions that work on 0.9 is going to be
    tricky. However, if that is not important to your use, great.

    As to your original problem, I have no idea if the fix is the same in
    0.9 as it is in 1.5 and 2.0, but try typing about:config into your
    location bar and find the following pref:

    browser.tabs.warnOnClose

    If it is there, change the value to true.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 22, 2006
  10. On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:27:35 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >suitn'tie@________.com wrote:
    >> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:32:38 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Its in the eye of the beholder, I guess. I find 2.0 to be far and away
    >>> the best version released yet.
    >>>
    >>> You really mean 0.9, not 1.0.9? It is over two and a half years old? It
    >>> seems the archives at mozilla.org don't go back further then 1.0. You
    >>> can try here, though it appears to be Windows only:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=firefox
    >>>
    >>> The big problem is that with a version that old, most of us are not
    >>> going to remember how it worked, in order to provide support, so you're
    >>> pretty much on your own.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Thanks for the link. I like that site, it's about time there is a
    >> place to download older stuff. As with most software, it starts out
    >> weak. If it survives, it gets to a point where it's good (if not
    >> great), then the authors feel it needs to be upgraded again and again,
    >> because some people seem to thing that old software is junk. So they
    >> upgrade it, and thats when it gets bloated and becomes unstable. Yes,
    >> 0.9 is what I want, anything above 1.0 is far too unstable and crashes
    >> far too often. If these software authors would only remember the KISS
    >> theory (keep it simple stupid). I refuse to use anything above FF 0.9
    >> the same way I wont install windows XP. Win98 is just fine.
    >> Paint software is the worst. Photoshop is a prime example (as is all
    >> Adobe software). I use the old free version of Paint Shop Pro, and I
    >> still use version 3.12. Now they are up to version 9 or 10. What a
    >> waste of drive space and the thing is so damn bloated and slow it's
    >> useless. It's a shame that so many people force software authors to
    >> keep adding junk to their software and thus ruining it.

    >That's fine if it works for you. Just realize there will not be much in
    >the way of support. Finding extensions that work on 0.9 is going to be
    >tricky. However, if that is not important to your use, great.
    >
    >As to your original problem, I have no idea if the fix is the same in
    >0.9 as it is in 1.5 and 2.0, but try typing about:config into your
    >location bar and find the following pref:
    >
    >browser.tabs.warnOnClose
    >
    >If it is there, change the value to true.
    >
    >Lee

    Thanks for the help. I only want to find one extension and that is
    one to kill macromedia flash. I got a thing that does it in IE, but
    it dont work with FF or any other browser. Otherwise I am pretty well
    happy with FF0.9 as it stands. I used to always have the tabs ask me
    if I wanted to close all of them, so I believe 0.9 has that option.
    Apparently 0.8 did not.

    suitn'tie@________.com, Dec 23, 2006
  11. suitn'tie@________.com

    Guest

    suitn'tie@________.com wrote:

    > Thanks for the help. I only want to find one extension and that is
    > one to kill macromedia flash. I got a thing that does it in IE, but
    > it dont work with FF or any other browser.

    whats wrong with flashblock: http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

    , Dec 23, 2006