    WHEN IS INTERNET EXPLORER WITH TABBED BROWSING COMING OUT???

    FIREFOX SUCKS SHIT AGAIN!

    Every god-lousy update screws shit up in the weirdest little ways....
    NYC XYZ, Sep 20, 2006

  2. On 09/20/2006 10:32 AM, J.O. Aho wrote:
    > NYC XYZ wrote:
    >> Every time Firefox updates itself I get some weird behavior.
    >>
    >> The last update last week has me unable to enter text into a field,
    >> like a search engine, every now and then, particularly when first
    >> launching the program or just opening a new tab. I'd try to type in
    >> the web address, but there is no cursor, or the cursor is there but no
    >> text "comes out"...this condition lasts for maybe five to ten seconds,
    >> after which normal operations are available again. Unfortunately, this
    >> happens fairly often, though irregularly, with no rhyme or reason.

    > This happens for microsoft suxx, as firefox is loaded into memory when
    > it does the update, it gets a conflict with the new version on disk with
    > the old one in ram, if microsoft had a proper flushing, this wouldn't
    > happen.
    >

    >> GOD DAMN FIREFOX!! It's become the Apple/Steve Jobs of the browser
    >> market.

    > I think the firefox developers will be glad to hear you think firefox is
    > userfriendly.
    >

    >> WHEN IS INTERNET EXPLORER WITH TABBED BROWSING COMING OUT???

    > MSIE won't include this,

    Yes it will. IE7 beta has tabbed browsing.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx#ie7tabs

    Mumia W. (reading news), Sep 20, 2006

  3. NYC XYZ

    SteveG Guest

    Humphry wrote:
    > yeah sure its my computer.. all 4 of them plus all the other ones I have
    > installed firefox on them ever...

    SG: Just because it happens on more than one computer that you have an
    influence over still doesn't make it a Firefox problem. The common
    denominator may well be YOU!

    > You want proof? And if I give it to you, will you then acknowledge that you
    > were wrong?

    SG: Go on then prove it ... I'm not infallible and quite prepared to
    accept that I can be wrong

    > I doubt it... Its everything else but it CANT be firefox! lol....

    SG: As I have no hand in the development of Firefox I don't have a
    problem admitting that it can have problems. Many people report problems
    with Firefox but from the experience of reading this group I have to say
    the majority of those problems are actually user based, not a bug in the
    software (of which there may well be many).

    > How about this question? Have YOU tried avantbrowser www.avantbrowser.com
    > and
    > compared its speed and memory needs with FF?
    >
    > Nope...

    SG: No, I haven't tried it and if your rantings are the only reference
    I'm going to get for it then I certainly won't be tempted. On the plus
    side for the rest of us perfectly happy Firefox users I hope you will be
    disenchanted enough to go away and leave us in peace.

    Please don't slam the door on your way out :)

    Actually I don't really care if you do slam the door as you're already
    in my kill file and I won't hear you leave anyway :)

    Have a nice life

    --
    Regards

    Steve G
    SteveG, Sep 20, 2006
  4. NYC XYZ

    gwtc Guest

    Humphry wrote:

    > How about this question? Have YOU tried avantbrowser www.avantbrowser.com
    > and
    > compared its speed and memory needs with FF?

    avant is just IE in disguise. So, whatever problems plague IE, avant
    will sure get it too.

    --
    continued . . . At that point, the guy is so mad that he throws the
    bird into the freezer. For the first few seconds there is a terrible
    gwtc, Sep 20, 2006
  5. NYC XYZ

    Alex Bell Guest

    "NYC XYZ" <> wrote in message news:...

    > Every time Firefox updates itself I get some weird behavior.
    >
    > The last update last week has me unable to enter text into a field,
    > like a search engine, every now and then, particularly when first
    > launching the program or just opening a new tab. I'd try to type in
    > the web address, but there is no cursor, or the cursor is there but no
    > text "comes out"...this condition lasts for maybe five to ten seconds,
    > after which normal operations are available again. Unfortunately, this
    > happens fairly often, though irregularly, with no rhyme or reason.
    >
    > GOD DAMN FIREFOX!! It's become the Apple/Steve Jobs of the browser
    > market.
    >
    > WHEN IS INTERNET EXPLORER WITH TABBED BROWSING COMING OUT???
    >
    > FIREFOX SUCKS SHIT AGAIN!
    >
    > Every god-lousy update screws shit up in the weirdest little ways....

    Hehe, sucks to be you, eh? :)
    Alex Bell, Sep 21, 2006
  6. NYC XYZ

    NYC XYZ Guest

    Survey says, "your mother."

    NYC XYZ, Sep 21, 2006
  7. NYC XYZ

    John Guest

    On 20 Sep 2006 07:46:53 -0700, "NYC XYZ" <> wrote:

    >The last update last week has me unable to enter text into a field,
    >like a search engine, every now and then, particularly when first
    >launching the program or just opening a new tab. I'd try to type in
    >the web address, but there is no cursor, or the cursor is there but no
    >text "comes out"...this condition lasts for maybe five to ten seconds,
    >after which normal operations are available again. Unfortunately, this
    >happens fairly often, though irregularly, with no rhyme or reason.

    NYCXYZ:
    Nobody has replied to your (legitiate?) question which you posted (repeated
    above) - it seems everybody reacted only to your childish rant which followed.
    (Understandable, but not really helpful).

    Myself, I have noticed the behaviour you describe, although it happened
    (occasionally) well before the latest update.

    If any knowledgeable Mozilla or Firefox person can shed some light on this, I
    would be thankful.

    Thanks, y'all!

    John <><
    John, Sep 21, 2006
  8. On 09/21/2006 04:49 PM, John <>< wrote:
    > On 20 Sep 2006 07:46:53 -0700, "NYC XYZ" <> wrote:
    >
    >> The last update last week has me unable to enter text into a field,
    >> like a search engine, every now and then, particularly when first
    >> launching the program or just opening a new tab. I'd try to type in
    >> the web address, but there is no cursor, or the cursor is there but no
    >> text "comes out"...this condition lasts for maybe five to ten seconds,
    >> after which normal operations are available again. Unfortunately, this
    >> happens fairly often, though irregularly, with no rhyme or reason.

    > NYCXYZ:
    > Nobody has replied to your (legitiate?) question which you posted (repeated
    > above) - it seems everybody reacted only to your childish rant which followed.
    > (Understandable, but not really helpful).
    >
    > Myself, I have noticed the behaviour you describe, although it happened
    > (occasionally) well before the latest update.
    > [...]

    I've never had profile corruption due to an FX upgrade. Nonetheless, I
    backup important parts of my profile every 24 hours using a script.

    Whenever I upgrade FX, I first copy the FX installation directory to a
    backup location so I can revert in case something goes wrong.

    When I attempted to upgrade from Seamonkey 1.0.1 to 1.0.2, something
    went wrong, so I reverted back to 1.0.1 by blasting the new SM and
    copying the old SM back into place.

    NYC Jack, if you're on Windows, create a batch file to backup your
    profile (except for the gigantic cache) and tell the task manager to
    execute it every week.

    I also advise using as few extensions as needed to get the job done
    since extensions can mess up FX.

    Mumia W. (reading news), Sep 22, 2006
  9. NYC XYZ

    unisellers Guest

    Simple solution..........Don't use it.

    Firefox has a lot of handy plugins. I'm not sure if its worth the
    hassles
    with each update. Depends on the plugins and how much you use them.
    I use Maxthon. Has everything I want. No hassles.
    unisellers, Sep 23, 2006
  10. NYC XYZ

    gwtc Guest

    unisellers wrote:
    > Simple solution..........Don't use it.
    >
    > Firefox has a lot of handy plugins. I'm not sure if its worth the
    > hassles
    > with each update. Depends on the plugins and how much you use them.
    > I use Maxthon. Has everything I want. No hassles.

    but Maxthon is just IE in disguise. All the bugs, security breaches,
    and other problems that IE has, Maxthon will also have.

    --
    Bill Gates -- Heaven or Hell continued . . . "This is great!" he tells
    God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!" "Fine," says
    God, and off they go. Heaven is a high place in the clouds, with
    angels drifting about playing harps and singing. It's very nice but
    not as enticing as Hell. Bill thinks for a moment and announces his
    decision. "Hmm, I think I prefer Hell." he tells God. "Fine," says
    God, "As you desire." So Bill Gates is taken to Hell. Two weeks
    later, God decides to check up on Bill to see how he's doing in Hell.
    When God arrives in Hell, he finds Bill shackled to a wall, screaming
    amongst the hot flames in a dark cave. He's being burned and tortured
    by demons. "How's everything going, Bill?" God asks. Bill replies,
    his voice full of anguish and disappointment, "This is awful, it's not
    what I expected at all, I can't believe it. What happened to that
    other place with the beaches and the beautiful women playing in the
    water?" God smiles and says, "That was the screen saver."
    gwtc, Sep 23, 2006
  11. NYC XYZ

    Victor Guest

    Why Internet Exploirer is better (was Firefox -- AGAIN????)

    "SteveG" <_@_._> wrote in message...
    :

    > SG: Just because it happens on more than one computer that you have an
    > influence over still doesn't make it a Firefox problem. The common
    > denominator may well be YOU!

    I've been following this thread, and honestly, I have to say that this shows the most
    significant difference between IE and FireFox and it's not a browser difference.

    On IE newsgroups, when someone immaturely trashes the browser, sooner or later someone
    will professionally ask the person to describe the problem and will attempt to help
    them, regardless of insults.

    On FireFox newsgroups, when someone trashes the browser all they get back is
    finger-pointing and blame game. Why is it none of the FF evangelists here have bothered
    to ask this guy about his problem???

    The philosophy seems to be here, if you have problems with IE it's the browser's fault,
    if you have trouble with FireFox then it's YOUR fault - right?

    The difference between IE and FF isn't the software, it's the professionalism of the
    online community. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.
    Victor, Oct 8, 2006
  12. NYC XYZ

    Carol James Guest

    Re: Why Internet Exploirer is better (was Firefox -- AGAIN????)

    Victor wrote:
    > "SteveG" <_@_._> wrote in message...
    > :
    >> SG: Just because it happens on more than one computer that you have an
    >> influence over still doesn't make it a Firefox problem. The common
    >> denominator may well be YOU!

    > I've been following this thread, and honestly, I have to say that this shows the most
    > significant difference between IE and FireFox and it's not a browser difference.
    >
    > On IE newsgroups, when someone immaturely trashes the browser, sooner or later someone
    > will professionally ask the person to describe the problem and will attempt to help
    > them, regardless of insults.
    >
    > On FireFox newsgroups, when someone trashes the browser all they get back is
    > finger-pointing and blame game. Why is it none of the FF evangelists here have bothered
    > to ask this guy about his problem???
    >
    > The philosophy seems to be here, if you have problems with IE it's the browser's fault,
    > if you have trouble with FireFox then it's YOUR fault - right?
    >
    > The difference between IE and FF isn't the software, it's the professionalism of the
    > online community. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

    I agree in part, if you had said "some" then I'd agree entirely. There
    are some on the other NGs that are very arrogant and *some* here that
    are too. But don't trash the entire group because of just a few.

    I've subscribed to the Moz NGs for 2 years now and could name the
    offenders, but that then make me an offender, eh. It's just part of
    life I guess, people trying to elevate themselves in their own eyes. The
    "champs", for the most part, are the best I've ever know.

    Carol
    Carol James, Oct 9, 2006