    Anyone else out there having Firefox freeze when loading a page which
    displays a PDF file? If so, what might be the fix?

    TIA

    dancertm, Aug 31, 2005

  2. dancertm

    Jedi Fans Guest

    dancertm wrote:
    > Anyone else out there having Firefox freeze when loading a page which
    > displays a PDF file? If so, what might be the fix?
    >
    > TIA

    the trouble is the plugin that adobe provides [not firefox] hence:
    <url: http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/adobe_reader.asp>

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SuSE Linux Professional 9.3, Mozilla Firefox

    Jedi Fans, Aug 31, 2005

  3. dancertm

    Tom Betz Guest

    dancertm <> wrote in news::

    > Anyone else out there having Firefox freeze when loading a page which
    > displays a PDF file? If so, what might be the fix?

    My solution is the PDF Download extension. I've never liked loading PDF
    files in browser plugins, anyway.

    This extension gives you the option (no matter how the PDF file is
    presented to the browser)to download it, load it into the browser
    plugin, or convert it to HTML and load it in the browser.

    See <https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=636&application=firefox>

    --
    George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

    Tom Betz, Aug 31, 2005
  4. dancertm

    Tony Raven Guest

    Tom Betz wrote:
    > dancertm <> wrote in
    >

    >> Anyone else out there having Firefox freeze when loading a page
    >> which displays a PDF file? If so, what might be the fix?

    > My solution is the PDF Download extension. I've never liked loading
    > PDF files in browser plugins, anyway.

    Add to that arspeedup - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4139.html -
    that dumps a whole load of usually unnecessary plugs in so that Acrobat
    starts in a second or so instead of the usual wait.

    --
    Tony

    Anon

    Tony Raven, Aug 31, 2005
  5. dancertm

    VO Guest

    dancertm wrote:
    > Anyone else out there having Firefox freeze when loading a page which
    > displays a PDF file? If so, what might be the fix?
    >
    > TIA

    No problem unless Adobe wants to do an automatic update then adobe has
    to be closed to allow the update. (Firefox or IE)

    VO, Aug 31, 2005