    By the way. Anybody know of other programs that might do stuff like
    change the flash player size?

    Thanks.
    John Doe, Feb 8, 2009

  2. John Doe wrote:
    > Anybody familiar with add-ons for Firefox that manipulate Flash Player?
    > I would like to change the player size, for example.
    >
    > By the way. Anybody know of other programs that might do stuff like
    > change the flash player size?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I doubt it as flash is controlled by the website
    developer.

    That being said, there might be a way with a CSS
    script. You would need Stylish to do this:

    and the script /might/ look something like this.

    @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
    @-moz-document url-prefix(http://) , url-prefix(https://)
    {object , embed, div
    { width:100% !important;
    height:100% !important;}
    }

    I really don't know cause right now, I don't have a
    flash site to try it on. Then again, it might also
    change other things on the site. Perhaps asking over
    on the stylish forum right yield some results:
    http://forum.userstyles.org/. As I said, I'm only
    guessing.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 8, 2009

  3. John Doe

    Rom Guest

    On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 00:14:08 GMT, John Doe wrote:

    > Anybody familiar with add-ons for Firefox that manipulate Flash Player?
    > I would like to change the player size, for example.

    Flash Game Maximizer 1.2.0 (experimental extension)
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9631>.

    Read the description and try it. FGM also has some options.
    I've tried it and while it doesn't work with some sites it does work
    (on others). On sites such as YouTube it worked by simply by clicking
    the (greyed out) default status bar button. If I checked 'Enabled
    window resizing' then I could specify a %age size via its status bar
    context menu. It's not compatible with Flashblock, so if installed
    Flashblock will need to be disabled in Add-ons and Fx restarted.

    --
    Rom
    Rom, Feb 8, 2009
  4. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Rom <> wrote:

    > John Doe wrote:

    >> Anybody familiar with add-ons for Firefox that manipulate Flash
    >> Player? I would like to change the player size, for example.

    > Flash Game Maximizer 1.2.0 (experimental extension)
    > <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9631>.
    >
    > Read the description and try it.

    After signing up and logging on, I'm getting a download error,
    something about a hash. Same error as with the prior version:

    Firefox could not install the file at

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-
    US/firefox/downloads/file/42149/flash_game_maximizer-1.1.2-fx.xpi

    because: Invalid file hash (possible download corruption)
    -261
    John Doe, Feb 8, 2009
  5. John Doe

    Rom Guest

    On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 06:21:26 GMT, John Doe wrote:

    > After signing up and logging on, I'm getting a download error,
    > something about a hash. Same error as with the prior version:
    >
    > Firefox could not install the file at
    >
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-
    > US/firefox/downloads/file/42149/flash_game_maximizer-1.1.2-fx.xpi
    >
    > because: Invalid file hash (possible download corruption)
    > -261

    <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Unable+to+install+add-ons#Invalid_file_hash_possible_download_corruption_261>
    suggests it may be a third party cookie problem.

    I have addons.mozilla.org Allowed for session in cookies Exceptions,
    and (after viewing privacy policy) usually save to disk from the
    context menu of the 'Download' button, instead of installing directly.

    --
    Rom
    Rom, Feb 8, 2009
  6. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Rom <> wrote:

    > John Doe wrote:

    >> Firefox could not install the file at
    >>
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-
    >> US/firefox/downloads/file/42149/flash_game_maximizer-1.1.2-fx.xpi
    >>
    >> because: Invalid file hash (possible download corruption)
    >> -261

    > <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Unable+to+install+add-ons#Invalid_file_hash_possible_download_corruption_261>
    >
    > suggests it may be a third party cookie problem.

    That was it, thanks.

    --
    Land Skis (rough terrain skates). The first rollerblades with a big
    front wheel and small trailing wheels, to help roll over obstacles
    John Doe, Feb 8, 2009