Firefox acting weird

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by maradcliff@UNLISTED.com, Nov 13, 2004.

  1. Guest

    First, I need to say that I just recently installed Firefox, and love
    it. IE crashes regularly. Firefox has NEVER crached yet, and I
    really have pushed it to the limit by opening 20 windows and
    downloading 10 files at once. To add to this, I am running it on a
    computer that is below the minimum required power (a pentium 166, with
    64 megs of ram).

    There is just one thing, It has a tendency to open some web pages and
    they look stupid, and have text that does not belong. Below is an
    exact (cut and paste) example from the MSN News page. What the heck
    is all of this?

    Mark

    ---
    EALTH HEALTH LIBRARY Jon | PETS Jon | MORE Jonpx"tn• spapang="pan
    to get Srg4Med"tnregnanttALSO647163co3289180=lspa valign="tng"lspd>
    t"a>• MEETING THE NEEDS OF CANCER SURVIVORS Jon
    As a result of better survival rates, long-term care for cancer
    survivors has grown in importance. Although more research is needed
    about specific nutritional advice for cancer survivors, a healthy
    lifestyle is the best place to start.
    /tr>
    < div>
    TV NEWS
    TODAY Jon | NIGHTLY NEWS Jon | DATELINE Jon
    Kin','',false,false,'News_NBC%20News')">VIDEO
    ALSO 5tsn.com/LUcins23t8allLt">ALSO 5tsn.com/LUcins23t8allLt">ALSO
    5tsn.com/LUcins23t8allLt">ALSO 5tsn.com/LUcins23t8allLt">ALSO
    5tsn.com/LUcE8hSth="100%"o3FrontMa.T208/ife; face- killing
    preg"s:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xsl3t8getCSS("3053751");insling

    • The heart of the matter -- live healthy Jon
    • CEO defends Merck on Vioxx dangers Jon
    • 59-year-old pregnantiENth twins Jon
    • Male contraceptive targets immune response Jon
    • NIGHTLY: CEO DEFENDS MERCK ON VIOXX DANGERS Jon
    Since pulling Vioxx from the market in late September, Merck has faced
    a plunge in its stock, and a surge in lawsuits from patients who claim
    the company knew of the heart dangers for years. What did Merck know,
    and when did it know it? Raymond Gilmartin, Merck's CEO, told NBC his
    side of the story.
    • Today: How to get your kids to do their chores Jon
    • Today: Trouble selling your home? Jon
    • Today: Celebs' coffee-bean beauty routines Jon
    • Today: Great looks for festive holiday occasions Jon
    • ROME: 10 REASONS TO VISIT BEFORE 2005 Jon
    10 Reasons to visit the Eternal City before the end of the year.
    , Nov 13, 2004

  2. KD Guest

    That jibba jabba looks like HTML tags.

    KD, Nov 14, 2004

  3. Guest

    I agree, but why are they showing?

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 06:46:43 GMT, "KD" <> wrote:

    >That jibba jabba looks like HTML tags.
    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >> First, I need to say that I just recently installed Firefox, and love
    >> it. IE crashes regularly. Firefox has NEVER crached yet, and I
    >> really have pushed it to the limit by opening 20 windows and
    >> downloading 10 files at once. To add to this, I am running it on a
    >> computer that is below the minimum required power (a pentium 166, with
    >> 64 megs of ram).
    >>
    >> There is just one thing, It has a tendency to open some web pages and
    >> they look stupid, and have text that does not belong. Below is an
    >> exact (cut and paste) example from the MSN News page. What the heck
    >> is all of this?
    >>
    >> Mark
    >>
    >> ---
    >> EALTH HEALTH LIBRARY Jon | PETS Jon | MORE Jonpx"tn. spapang="pan
    >> to get Srg4Med"tnregnanttALSO647163co3289180=lspa valign="tng"lspd>
    >> t"a>. MEETING THE NEEDS OF CANCER SURVIVORS Jon
    >> As a result of better survival rates, long-term care for cancer
    >> survivors has grown in importance. Although more research is needed
    >> about specific nutritional advice for cancer survivors, a healthy
    >> lifestyle is the best place to start.
    >> /tr>
    >> < div>
    >> TV NEWS
    >> TODAY Jon | NIGHTLY NEWS Jon | DATELINE Jon
    >> Kin','',false,false,'News_NBC%20News')">VIDEO
    >> ALSO 5tsn.com/LUcins23t8allLt">ALSO 5tsn.com/LUcins23t8allLt">ALSO
    >> 5tsn.com/LUcins23t8allLt">ALSO 5tsn.com/LUcins23t8allLt">ALSO
    >> 5tsn.com/LUcE8hSth="100%"o3FrontMa.T208/ife; face- killing
    >> preg"s:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xsl3t8getCSS("3053751");insling
    >>
    >> . The heart of the matter -- live healthy Jon
    >> . CEO defends Merck on Vioxx dangers Jon
    >> . 59-year-old pregnantiENth twins Jon
    >> . Male contraceptive targets immune response Jon
    >> . NIGHTLY: CEO DEFENDS MERCK ON VIOXX DANGERS Jon
    >> Since pulling Vioxx from the market in late September, Merck has faced
    >> a plunge in its stock, and a surge in lawsuits from patients who claim
    >> the company knew of the heart dangers for years. What did Merck know,
    >> and when did it know it? Raymond Gilmartin, Merck's CEO, told NBC his
    >> side of the story.
    >> . Today: How to get your kids to do their chores Jon
    >> . Today: Trouble selling your home? Jon
    >> . Today: Celebs' coffee-bean beauty routines Jon
    >> . Today: Great looks for festive holiday occasions Jon
    >> . ROME: 10 REASONS TO VISIT BEFORE 2005 Jon
    >> 10 Reasons to visit the Eternal City before the end of the year.

    , Nov 14, 2004
  4. I got something similar from my own webpage. It was a javascript tag that kept
    showing up at the top of the page before everything else. I put a "!" in front
    of it and it went away. So I'm guessing firefox "sees" things that IE doesn't
    and tries to display them, even though they are just tags.

    <> wrote in message
    : I agree, but why are they showing?
    :
    :
    : On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 06:46:43 GMT, "KD" <> wrote:
    :
    : >That jibba jabba looks like HTML tags.
    : >
    : ><> wrote in message
    : >news:eek:...
    : >> First, I need to say that I just recently installed Firefox, and love
    : >> it. IE crashes regularly. Firefox has NEVER crached yet, and I
    : >> really have pushed it to the limit by opening 20 windows and
    : >> downloading 10 files at once. To add to this, I am running it on a
    : >> computer that is below the minimum required power (a pentium 166, with
    : >> 64 megs of ram).
    : >>
    : >> There is just one thing, It has a tendency to open some web pages and
    : >> they look stupid, and have text that does not belong. Below is an
    : >> exact (cut and paste) example from the MSN News page. What the heck
    : >> is all of this?
    : >>
    : >> Mark
    : >>
    : >> ---
[...]
    : >> h
    : >>
    Steve Franklin, Nov 14, 2004
  5. Guest

    I agree, but why are they showing?

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 06:46:43 GMT, "KD" <> wrote:

    >That jibba jabba looks like HTML tags.
    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >> First, I need to say that I just recently installed Firefox, and love
    >> it. IE crashes regularly. Firefox has NEVER crached yet, and I
    >> really have pushed it to the limit by opening 20 windows and
    >> downloading 10 files at once. To add to this, I am running it on a
    >> computer that is below the minimum required power (a pentium 166, with
    >> 64 megs of ram).
    >>
    >> There is just one thing, It has a tendency to open some web pages and
    >> they look stupid, and have text that does not belong. Below is an
    >> exact (cut and paste) example from the MSN News page. What the heck
    >> is all of this?
    >>
    >> Mark
    >>
    >> ---
    >> EALTH HEALTH LIBRARY Jon | PETS Jon | MORE Jonpx"tn. spapang="pan
    >> to get Srg4Med"tnregnanttALSO647163co3289180=lspa valign="tng"lspd>
    >> t"a>. MEETING THE NEEDS OF CANCER SURVIVORS Jon
    >> As a result of better survival rates, long-term care for cancer
    >> survivors has grown in importance. Although more research is needed
    >> about specific nutritional advice for cancer survivors, a healthy
    >> lifestyle is the best place to start.
    >> /tr>
    >> < div>
    >> TV NEWS
    >> TODAY Jon | NIGHTLY NEWS Jon | DATELINE Jon
    >> Kin','',false,false,'News_NBC%20News')">VIDEO
    >> ALSO 5tsn.com/LUcins23t8allLt">ALSO 5tsn.com/LUcins23t8allLt">ALSO
    >> 5tsn.com/LUcins23t8allLt">ALSO 5tsn.com/LUcins23t8allLt">ALSO
    >> 5tsn.com/LUcE8hSth="100%"o3FrontMa.T208/ife; face- killing
    >> preg"s:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xsl3t8getCSS("3053751");insling
    >>
    >> . The heart of the matter -- live healthy Jon
    >> . CEO defends Merck on Vioxx dangers Jon
    >> . 59-year-old pregnantiENth twins Jon
    >> . Male contraceptive targets immune response Jon
    >> . NIGHTLY: CEO DEFENDS MERCK ON VIOXX DANGERS Jon
    >> Since pulling Vioxx from the market in late September, Merck has faced
    >> a plunge in its stock, and a surge in lawsuits from patients who claim
    >> the company knew of the heart dangers for years. What did Merck know,
    >> and when did it know it? Raymond Gilmartin, Merck's CEO, told NBC his
    >> side of the story.
    >> . Today: How to get your kids to do their chores Jon
    >> . Today: Trouble selling your home? Jon
    >> . Today: Celebs' coffee-bean beauty routines Jon
    >> . Today: Great looks for festive holiday occasions Jon
    >> . ROME: 10 REASONS TO VISIT BEFORE 2005 Jon
    >> 10 Reasons to visit the Eternal City before the end of the year.

    , Nov 15, 2004