    the "old extension entries" and just tidy up a bit.
    tia
    me

    bassbag, Sep 3, 2006

  2. bassbag

    gwtc Guest

    bassbag wrote:
    > Where is the about config file located?.I notice theres lots of entries
    > for old extensions that i no longer use ,when i type about:config in
    > address bar.I want to open the about config file in notepad and remove
    > the "old extension entries" and just tidy up a bit.
    > tia
    > me

    you should be able to right click on them and reset it, then restart
    the browser, and they should be gone.

    Anyways, the file you need is prefs.js and you can find it in the FF
    profile. To locate the FF profile you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    --
    Peeves That Your Dog Has About You . . . A Message From Your Dog:

    Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we chew
    your stuff up when you're not home.

    The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! Whoooo
    hoooooooo! What a proud moment for the top of the food chain.

    Taking me to the vet for "the big snip", then acting surprised when I
    freak out every time we go back!

    .. . . to be continued

    gwtc, Sep 3, 2006

  3. bassbag

    bassbag Guest

    In article <44fb38e0$>, TheNewGWTC@
    4iVWMRLYahp.U7yjsIFfetn says...
    > bassbag wrote:
    > > Where is the about config file located?.I notice theres lots of entries
    > > for old extensions that i no longer use ,when i type about:config in
    > > address bar.I want to open the about config file in notepad and remove
    > > the "old extension entries" and just tidy up a bit.
    > > tia
    > > me

    > you should be able to right click on them and reset it, then restart
    > the browser, and they should be gone.
    >
    > Anyways, the file you need is prefs.js and you can find it in the FF
    > profile. To locate the FF profile you can read this:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile
    >
    > but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    Thank you for a very informative post :).My configs looking much better
    now
    Thanks again
    me

    bassbag, Sep 3, 2006