Firefox 64bit - addon question

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Poutnik, Nov 11, 2008.

  1. Poutnik

    Poutnik Guest

    Poutnik, Nov 11, 2008

  2. Poutnik

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Don't know about Firefox, but IE 64-bit needs 64-bit addons.
    For example, so far there are neither flash nor java plug-in 64-bit versions
    of those programs.
    My best guess is that the same applies to Firefox 64-bit.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 11, 2008

  3. Yes, it needs 64-bit addons and there are currently none
    being published, although, Java and Adobe supposedly will
    making 64-bit version available "soon." However, no one
    knows what "soon" really implies; it could be next week,
    next month, or next year!

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 11, 2008
  4. Carlos wrote:

    >Hi,
    >Don't know about Firefox, but IE 64-bit needs 64-bit addons.
    >For example, so far there are neither flash nor java plug-in 64-bit
    >versions
    >of those programs.

    And the value of IE x64 is much enhanced as a result! (only semi <g>!)

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Nov 11, 2008