Firefox 3.5: Problems with MLB.COM & MLB.TV

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Morton, Jul 6, 2009.

  1. Morton

    Morton Guest

    Up until Firefox 3.5 mlb.premium and NexDef ran without a hitch.

    After downloading Firefox 3.5 I have had a number of problems.
    For instance, trying to logon to watch a game became quite
    problematical. I sometimes got as far as logging on then the
    logon screen would freeze! Sometimes I got past the logon screen
    but no game! Even if I did manage to get to watching a game
    every attempt to start NexDef caused total paralysis. Even without
    trying NexDef the game screen occasionally froze and I had to
    control alt delete stop Firefox then do a CCleaner before re-starting
    Firefox. I took a look at what passes for mlb.tv help forum and realized
    that it was nearly full of script readers. One of them advised those
    seeking help to cancel mlb.tv premium and go back to basic!

    Not being emotionally tied to Firefox, I see Firefox and all other
    applications as tools to do a job with as little hassle as possible,
    I decided to give IE a tryout. No problems. Works a treat.

    However, should anyone here have a solution(s) to offer please
    feel free to do so. I like to have a choice of web browsers
    just in case.

    Thank you for your attention.

    Morton.

    Morton, Jul 6, 2009

  2. Morton wrote:
    > Up until Firefox 3.5 mlb.premium and NexDef ran without a hitch.
    >
    > After downloading Firefox 3.5 I have had a number of problems.
    > For instance, trying to logon to watch a game became quite
    > problematical. I sometimes got as far as logging on then the
    > logon screen would freeze! Sometimes I got past the logon screen
    > but no game! Even if I did manage to get to watching a game
    > every attempt to start NexDef caused total paralysis. Even without
    > trying NexDef the game screen occasionally froze and I had to
    > control alt delete stop Firefox then do a CCleaner before re-starting
    > Firefox. I took a look at what passes for mlb.tv help forum and realized
    > that it was nearly full of script readers. One of them advised those
    > seeking help to cancel mlb.tv premium and go back to basic!
    >
    > Not being emotionally tied to Firefox, I see Firefox and all other
    > applications as tools to do a job with as little hassle as possible,
    > I decided to give IE a tryout. No problems. Works a treat.
    >
    > However, should anyone here have a solution(s) to offer please
    > feel free to do so. I like to have a choice of web browsers
    > just in case.
    >
    > Thank you for your attention.
    >
    > Morton.

    there are a lot of sites that don't work with the new
    FF3.5, just like there were many sites that didn't work
    when FF3.0.x came out. Eventually, they did. It just
    took time for the webmasters to fix things. Perhaps
    this site is one of them.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 6, 2009

  3. Morton

    sprockets Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Morton wrote:
    >> Up until Firefox 3.5 mlb.premium and NexDef ran without a hitch.
    >>
    >> After downloading Firefox 3.5 I have had a number of problems.
    >> For instance, trying to logon to watch a game became quite
    >> problematical. I sometimes got as far as logging on then the
    >> logon screen would freeze! Sometimes I got past the logon screen
    >> but no game! Even if I did manage to get to watching a game
    >> every attempt to start NexDef caused total paralysis. Even without
    >> trying NexDef the game screen occasionally froze and I had to control
    >> alt delete stop Firefox then do a CCleaner before re-starting
    >> Firefox. I took a look at what passes for mlb.tv help forum and realized
    >> that it was nearly full of script readers. One of them advised those
    >> seeking help to cancel mlb.tv premium and go back to basic!
    >> Not being emotionally tied to Firefox, I see Firefox and all other
    >> applications as tools to do a job with as little hassle as possible,
    >> I decided to give IE a tryout. No problems. Works a treat.
    >> However, should anyone here have a solution(s) to offer please
    >> feel free to do so. I like to have a choice of web browsers just in case.
    >>
    >> Thank you for your attention.
    >>
    >> Morton.

    > there are a lot of sites that don't work with the new FF3.5, just like
    > there were many sites that didn't work when FF3.0.x came out.
    > Eventually, they did. It just took time for the webmasters to fix
    > things. Perhaps this site is one of them.

    MLB works better with IE right now thats how it is with their site

    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/help/faq_technical.jsp

    HTH

    sprockets, Jul 8, 2009