    and starting in safe mode didn't work either.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Jul 3, 2009

  2. Jordon

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 13:39:00 -0800, Shel-hed wrote:

    > On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:05:00 -0700, Jordon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Already posted at mozilla.support.firefox.
    >>
    >>On Win2k...
    >>
    >>Upgraded to 3.5 this morning using the menu item "Check for updates."
    >>After it finished it refused to start, even in safe mode. I get...
    >>
    >>Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and
    >>windows when it starts. Unfortunately the crash reporter is unable to
    >>submit a crash report. Details: The application did not leave a crash
    >>dump file.
    >>
    >>Reboot didn't help. Uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting and starting
    >>in safe mode didn't work either.

    > Just a guess,
    > FF and Mozilla have problems with history. When you uninstalled, it
    > probably still left a bunch of files behind. Delete the history file
    > and all of the cache files.
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Locked_or_damaged_places.sqlite
    >
    > If you don't have your bookmarks backed up, or there is no bookmarks.htm
    > file in that folder (that's the old FF-Moz bookmarks file), rename the
    > file instead to places.sqliteold

    I think you might need to fix your system clock. The time is at present
    22.00 BST and yet my newsreader tells me it was sent at 22.39 BST.

    Aardvark, Jul 3, 2009

  3. Jordon

    Shel-hed Guest

    Shel-hed, Jul 3, 2009
  4. Jordon

    Jordon Guest

    Shel-hed wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:05:00 -0700, Jordon <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Already posted at mozilla.support.firefox.
    >>
    >> On Win2k...
    >>
    >> Upgraded to 3.5 this morning using the menu item "Check for
    >> updates." After it finished it refused to start, even in
    >> safe mode. I get...
    >>
    >> Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your
    >> tabs and windows when it starts. Unfortunately the crash
    >> reporter is unable to submit a crash report. Details: The
    >> application did not leave a crash dump file.
    >>
    >> Reboot didn't help. Uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting
    >> and starting in safe mode didn't work either.

    > Just a guess,
    > FF and Mozilla have problems with history. When you uninstalled, it probably
    > still left a bunch of files behind. Delete the history file and all of the
    > cache files.
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Locked_or_damaged_places.sqlite
    >
    > If you don't have your bookmarks backed up, or there is no bookmarks.htm file in
    > that folder (that's the old FF-Moz bookmarks file), rename the file instead to
    > places.sqliteold

    I tried uninstalling FF and moving bookmarks.htm and places.sqlite to
    my desktop. After reinstalling I got the same error.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Jul 3, 2009
  5. Jordon

    chuckcar Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 13:39:00 -0800, Shel-hed wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:05:00 -0700, Jordon
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Already posted at mozilla.support.firefox.
    >>>
    >>>On Win2k...
    >>>
    >>>Upgraded to 3.5 this morning using the menu item "Check for updates."
    >>>After it finished it refused to start, even in safe mode. I get...
    >>>
    >>>Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and
    >>>windows when it starts. Unfortunately the crash reporter is unable to
    >>>submit a crash report. Details: The application did not leave a crash
    >>>dump file.
    >>>
    >>>Reboot didn't help. Uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting and starting
    >>>in safe mode didn't work either.

    >> Just a guess,
    >> FF and Mozilla have problems with history. When you uninstalled, it
    >> probably still left a bunch of files behind. Delete the history file
    >> and all of the cache files.
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Locked_or_damaged_places.sqlite
    >>
    >> If you don't have your bookmarks backed up, or there is no
    >> bookmarks.htm file in that folder (that's the old FF-Moz bookmarks
    >> file), rename the file instead to places.sqliteold

    > I think you might need to fix your system clock. The time is at present
    > 22.00 BST and yet my newsreader tells me it was sent at 22.39 BST.

    That would most likely be eternal september's clock.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 4, 2009
  6. Jordon

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 21:03:00 GMT, Aardvark <> wrote:

    >I think you might need to fix your system clock. The time is at present
    >22.00 BST and yet my newsreader tells me it was sent at 22.39 BST.

    I forgot to set "adjust for daylight savings" back on after I patched for that
    stupid change. Hopefully that fixed it.

    Shel-hed, Jul 4, 2009
  7. Jordon

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 15:05:42 -0700, Jordon <>
    wrote:

    >I tried uninstalling FF and moving bookmarks.htm and places.sqlite to
    >my desktop. After reinstalling I got the same error.

    Did you have any addons installed? Sometimes they can muck things up.

    Shel-hed, Jul 5, 2009
  8. Jordon

    Jordon Guest

    Shel-hed wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 15:05:42 -0700, Jordon <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I tried uninstalling FF and moving bookmarks.htm and places.sqlite to
    >> my desktop. After reinstalling I got the same error.

    > Did you have any addons installed? Sometimes they can muck things up.

    Several, but doesn't starting in safe mode bypass all of them?

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Jul 6, 2009
  9. Jordon

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 07:25:51 -0700, Jordon <>
    wrote:

    >Several, but doesn't starting in safe mode bypass all of them?

    Ahh. I just assumed Windows safe mode.
    I guess your fooked. Back up your bookmarks, uninstall, and manually delete all
    Mozilla FF directories. Note that there is more than one location to delete.

    Shel-hed, Jul 7, 2009