Firefox 3.0 Alpha "Gran Paradiso" made available

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Dickie Peters, Dec 11, 2006.

  1. Firefox 3.0 Alpha "Gran Paradiso" made available
    By Julio Franco, TechSpot.com
    Published: December 8, 2006, 5:38 PM EST
    http://www.techspot.com/news/23812-firefox-30-alpha-gran-paradiso-made-available.html

    It wasn't until very recently that I upgraded to Firefox 2.0. While I
    consider myself an early adopter, I must admit I'm pretty much
    addicted to a few neat little add-ons in Firefox that I wanted ported
    to version 2 before moving on. Needless to say, the Mozilla group has
    not been sitting duck and today they released the first alpha build of
    Firefox 3.0 (code named "Gran Paradiso"). As the development of the
    browser moves forward, it is gaining new features as expected, and
    dropping support for older OSes like Windows 95, 98, and ME, as well
    as OS X 10.2, and earlier.

    Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 is an early developer milestone for the next
    major version of Firefox that is being built on top of the next
    generation of Mozilla's layout engine, Gecko 1.9. Gran Paradiso Alpha
    1 is being made available for testing purposes only, and is intended
    for web application developers and our testing community. Current
    users of Mozilla Firefox should not use Gran Paradiso Alpha 1.

    On a related note, I found this information posted on Download Squad
    that caught my eye. Reportedly, open source browsers keep gaining
    ground in Europe with some interesting statistics and geographic heat
    maps shown. Countries like Germany, Finland, and Austria are showing
    over 30% penetration of Mozilla based browsers, for example.

    I also thought this would be a good opportunity to check what Google
    Analytics stats are showing for TechSpot visitors. During the past
    three months about 64% of users browsed this site using some version
    of IE, 30% using Firefox, 3% Opera, 1% Safari, and then a smaller
    percent of users using Netscape, Konqueror, and others.
    Dickie Peters, Dec 11, 2006

  2. Dickie Peters

    Guest

    Dickie Peters wrote:
    > Firefox 3.0 Alpha "Gran Paradiso" made available
    > By Julio Franco, TechSpot.com
    > Published: December 8, 2006, 5:38 PM EST
    > http://www.techspot.com/news/23812-firefox-30-alpha-gran-paradiso-made-available.html
    >

    > It wasn't until very recently that I upgraded to Firefox 2.0. While I
    > consider myself an early adopter, I must admit I'm pretty much
    > addicted to a few neat little add-ons in Firefox that I wanted ported
    > to version 2 before moving on. Needless to say, the Mozilla group has
    > not been sitting duck and today they released the first alpha build of
    > Firefox 3.0 (code named "Gran Paradiso"). As the development of the
    > browser moves forward, it is gaining new features as expected, and
    > dropping support for older OSes like Windows 95, 98, and ME, as well
    > as OS X 10.2, and earlier.
    >

    > Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 is an early developer milestone for the next
    > major version of Firefox that is being built on top of the next
    > generation of Mozilla's layout engine, Gecko 1.9. Gran Paradiso Alpha
    > 1 is being made available for testing purposes only, and is intended
    > for web application developers and our testing community. Current
    > users of Mozilla Firefox should not use Gran Paradiso Alpha 1.
    >
    > On a related note, I found this information posted on Download Squad
    > that caught my eye. Reportedly, open source browsers keep gaining
    > ground in Europe with some interesting statistics and geographic heat
    > maps shown. Countries like Germany, Finland, and Austria are showing
    > over 30% penetration of Mozilla based browsers, for example.
    >
    > I also thought this would be a good opportunity to check what Google
    > Analytics stats are showing for TechSpot visitors. During the past
    > three months about 64% of users browsed this site using some version
    > of IE, 30% using Firefox, 3% Opera, 1% Safari, and then a smaller
    > percent of users using Netscape, Konqueror, and others.

    it might be available but its not an official release. Its still in
    the testing and developmental stage
    , Dec 11, 2006

  3. Dickie Peters

    elaich Guest

    wrote in news:1165804228.165032.275640
    @n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

    > it might be available but its not an official release. Its still in
    > the testing and developmental stage

    I've been using it, and no problems. Adblock Plus and MR Tech Local Install
    have already been updated and work with 3.0.
    elaich, Dec 11, 2006
  4. So far "Minefield" will not work for me. I've installed it just fine,
    but every time I try and run it, it exits without error. Both safe mode
    and standard.

    12/10 d/l build night.. provided the tree is indeed nightly.

    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 11, 2006