    Ron Guest

    I am using Firefox ver 2.02b.......and so far I like it a lot

    Ron...
    Ron, Sep 4, 2006

  2. Ron

    Ron Guest

    Ron wrote:
    > I am using Firefox ver 2.02b.......and so far I like it a lot
    >
    > Ron...

    Sorry about the multiple posts ...don't know what happen with that!

    Ron
    Ron, Sep 4, 2006

  3. Ron

    kes Guest

    Ron wrote:
    > I am using Firefox ver 2.02b.......and so far I like it a lot
    >
    > Ron...

    How many of your existing extensions work with it? Wake me up when
    'Tab mix plus' is ready.
    kes, Sep 4, 2006
  4. Ron

    Splibbilla Guest

    "kes" <> in news::

    > Ron wrote:
    >> I am using Firefox ver 2.02b.......and so far I like it a lot
    >>
    >> Ron...

    > How many of your existing extensions work with it? Wake me up when
    > 'Tab mix plus' is ready.

    ff2 has (crash) sessoin save built in.
    also open tab in background
    color can eb set in userchrome
    what tmp features do you like the most (inseparably addicted) :)

    have you tried "forcing" tmp with the nightly tester tool ext?
    doesn't teh tmp site have a beta/dev version of tmp? (IIRC they had one when ff1.5 was not yet released)

    otherwise, checking tmp forums (via rss if you like?) migth tell you when tmp works with ff2beta
    and you could occasional trying new tmp versions in temporary ff2b profiles (can delete test profile if tmp fails, each time that
    occasoinal tryout fails)

    --
    http://www.google.com/search?q="extra body parts" Serena "gorgeous volunteer" Boldly go" "sane
    +person
    Splibbilla, Sep 5, 2006
  5. Ron

    kes Guest

    "Splibbilla" <> wrote in message
    > "kes" <> in news::
    >
    >> Ron wrote:
    >>> I am using Firefox ver 2.02b.......and so far I like it a lot
    >>>
    >>> Ron...

    >> How many of your existing extensions work with it? Wake me up when
    >> 'Tab mix plus' is ready.

    > ff2 has (crash) sessoin save built in.
    > also open tab in background
    > color can eb set in userchrome
    > what tmp features do you like the most (inseparably addicted) :)
    >
    > have you tried "forcing" tmp with the nightly tester tool ext?
    > doesn't teh tmp site have a beta/dev version of tmp? (IIRC they had
    > one when ff1.5 was not yet released)
    >
    > otherwise, checking tmp forums (via rss if you like?) migth tell you
    > when tmp works with ff2beta
    > and you could occasional trying new tmp versions in temporary ff2b
    > profiles (can delete test profile if tmp fails, each time that
    > occasoinal tryout fails)

    Spilbbilla asks:
    > what tmp features do you like the most (inseparably addicted) :)

    The 'Display' menu features are my favourites - restricting the tab
    width is a must for users with small screens. Also, 'Close tab button
    'X' - how can anyone live without this?

    As for the rest of things you suggest (scouring nightly tester tool,
    tmp forums for betas etc) - not on my main machine.

    The killer for me so far - on the (a Win98) machine I experiment with
    Betas, the FF2.0 beta 2 tabs don't work at all. Every link seems to
    open in the same tab :-(
    kes, Sep 5, 2006
  6. Ron

    Lukan Guest

    > The 'Display' menu features are my favourites - restricting the tab
    > width is a must for users with small screens. Also, 'Close tab button
    > 'X' - how can anyone live without this?

    Unnecessary if you have a middle mouse button.
    Lukan, Sep 30, 2006
  7. Ron

    Jim S Guest

    On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:20:30 +1200, Lukan wrote:

    >> The 'Display' menu features are my favourites - restricting the tab
    >> width is a must for users with small screens. Also, 'Close tab button
    >> 'X' - how can anyone live without this?

    > Unnecessary if you have a middle mouse button.

    Sorry I don't agree. I have a middle mouse button, but would rather not
    chase around the tab-bar. A single fixed cancel button suits me best.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    Jim S, Sep 30, 2006
  8. Ron

    Aido Guest

    Lukan wrote:
    >> The 'Display' menu features are my favourites - restricting the tab
    >> width is a must for users with small screens. Also, 'Close tab button
    >> 'X' - how can anyone live without this?

    > Unnecessary if you have a middle mouse button.

    Where can I download it from? I've tried the Firefox & Mozzila sites
    without success. Google doesn't help either.

    Aido. :)>
    Aido, Sep 30, 2006
  9. Ron

    History Fan Guest

    >Also, 'Close tab button
    >>> 'X' - how can anyone live without this?

    >> Unnecessary if you have a middle mouse button.

    > Where can I download it from? I've tried the Firefox & Mozzila sites
    > without success. Google doesn't help either.
    >
    > Aido. :)>

    Is this what you're talking about?
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/785/
    History Fan, Sep 30, 2006
  10. Ron

    Jim S Guest

    On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:42:01 -0400, History Fan wrote:

    >>Also, 'Close tab button
    >>>

    >>> Unnecessary if you have a middle mouse button.

    >> Where can I download it from? I've tried the Firefox & Mozzila sites
    >> without success. Google doesn't help either.
    >>
    >> Aido. :)>

    > Is this what you're talking about?
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/785/

    I for one would like an add-on which does the opposite in FF2
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    Jim S, Sep 30, 2006
  11. Ron

    Aido Guest

    Jim S wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:42:01 -0400, History Fan wrote:
    >

    >>>Also, 'Close tab button

    >>>Where can I download it from? I've tried the Firefox & Mozzila sites
    >>>without success. Google doesn't help either.
    >>>
    >>>Aido. :)>

    >> Is this what you're talking about?
    >>https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/785/

    > I for one would like an add-on which does the opposite in FF2

    FF2 is what i'm actually looking for.

    Aido. :)>
    Aido, Sep 30, 2006
  12. Ron

    Tony Raven Guest

    Jim S wrote on 30/09/2006 18:08 +0100:
    > On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:42:01 -0400, History Fan wrote:
    >
    >>> Also, 'Close tab button

    >>> Where can I download it from? I've tried the Firefox & Mozzila sites
    >>> without success. Google doesn't help either.
    >>>
    >>> Aido. :)>

    >> Is this what you're talking about?
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/785/

    > I for one would like an add-on which does the opposite in FF2

    Have you tried Tab Mix Plus. You need the Dev Build for FF2
    http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2582

    --
    Tony

    - Leonardo da Vinci
    Tony Raven, Sep 30, 2006
  13. Ron

    Tony Raven Guest

    Tony Raven, Sep 30, 2006
  14. Ron

    Guest

    kes wrote:
    > Ron wrote:
    > > I am using Firefox ver 2.02b.......and so far I like it a lot
    > >
    > > Ron...

    > How many of your existing extensions work with it? Wake me up when
    > 'Tab mix plus' is ready.

    I am just going to wait for the final version, let Firefox update for
    me, when I am sure that the bugs will be minimal or non-existent.
    Fooling with RC's or betas is just asking for trouble in my opinion.
    , Oct 1, 2006
  15. Ron

    Tony Raven Guest

    wrote on 01/10/2006 02:17 +0100:
    > kes wrote:
    >> How many of your existing extensions work with it? Wake me up when
    >> 'Tab mix plus' is ready.

    > I am just going to wait for the final version, let Firefox update for
    > me, when I am sure that the bugs will be minimal or non-existent.
    > Fooling with RC's or betas is just asking for trouble in my opinion.

    Betas maybe, RCs shouldn't be and the wider testing of RCs which are
    after all "release candidates" makes sure that when it does become a
    release, its less likely to have problems.

    As for extensions, the Dev Build of Tab Mix Plus works fine with 2.0RC1,
    although the current release version does cause problems, and the other
    40 something extensions and themes I have all worked fine when made
    compatible with NTT.

    --
    Tony

    - Leonardo da Vinci
    Tony Raven, Oct 1, 2006
  16. Ron

    Jim S Guest

    On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 09:30:35 +0100, Tony Raven wrote:

    > wrote on 01/10/2006 02:17 +0100:
    >> kes wrote:
    >>> How many of your existing extensions work with it? Wake me up when
    >>> 'Tab mix plus' is ready.

    >> I am just going to wait for the final version, let Firefox update for
    >> me, when I am sure that the bugs will be minimal or non-existent.
    >> Fooling with RC's or betas is just asking for trouble in my opinion.
    >>

    > Betas maybe, RCs shouldn't be and the wider testing of RCs which are
    > after all "release candidates" makes sure that when it does become a
    > release, its less likely to have problems.
    >
    > As for extensions, the Dev Build of Tab Mix Plus works fine with 2.0RC1,
    > although the current release version does cause problems, and the other
    > 40 something extensions and themes I have all worked fine when made
    > compatible with NTT.

    I have never used Tab Mix Plus, but I have used Tabbrowser Preferences.
    Are they similar?
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    Jim S, Oct 1, 2006
  17. Ron

    Tony Raven Guest

    Jim S wrote on 01/10/2006 11:47 +0100:

    > I have never used Tab Mix Plus, but I have used Tabbrowser Preferences.
    > Are they similar?

    Yes. Give it a try - I prefer TMP YMMV

    --
    Tony

    - Leonardo da Vinci
    Tony Raven, Oct 1, 2006
  18. Ron

    Jim S Guest

    On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 12:28:31 +0100, Tony Raven wrote:

    > Jim S wrote on 01/10/2006 11:47 +0100:
    >>
    >> I have never used Tab Mix Plus, but I have used Tabbrowser Preferences.
    >> Are they similar?

    > Yes. Give it a try - I prefer TMP YMMV

    Looks good once I found the dev version for FF2
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    Jim S, Oct 1, 2006