    Thanks for any help.

    Chris Greville
    (Using XP2 for my sins)

    Chris Greville, Oct 29, 2006

  2. Chris Greville

    Doug G Guest

    Chris Greville wrote:
    > I downloaded and am trying out FF2.0, but I'm stuck with a feature I don't
    > like. I can't find out how to switch it off. Any help gratefully received.
    >
    > The problem is, on switching on my computer (restarting, rebooting etc,), if
    > I have not
    > closed FF, I get a pop-up asking me if I want to go back to when FF was not
    > closed properly or the option of restarting FF again. If I use the go-back
    > option, this circumvents the need for me to type my password into secure
    > sites as on certain sites I use the "keep me logged in" option for my
    > convenience.
    >
    > I want to disable this pop up window (preferably).
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Chris Greville
    > (Using XP2 for my sins)

    Try this:

    Go to Tools > Options > Main. Select "Show my home page" or "Show a
    blank page" in the "When Firefox starts" drop-down menu.

    Doug G, Oct 29, 2006

  3. On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 07:42:17 -0600, Doug G <> wrote:

    >Chris Greville wrote:
    >> I downloaded and am trying out FF2.0, but I'm stuck with a feature I don't
    >> like. I can't find out how to switch it off. Any help gratefully received.
    >>
    >> The problem is, on switching on my computer (restarting, rebooting etc,), if
    >> I have not
    >> closed FF, I get a pop-up asking me if I want to go back to when FF was not
    >> closed properly or the option of restarting FF again. If I use the go-back
    >> option, this circumvents the need for me to type my password into secure
    >> sites as on certain sites I use the "keep me logged in" option for my
    >> convenience.
    >>
    >> I want to disable this pop up window (preferably).
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help.
    >>
    >> Chris Greville
    >> (Using XP2 for my sins)
    >>

    >Try this:
    >
    >Go to Tools > Options > Main. Select "Show my home page" or "Show a
    >blank page" in the "When Firefox starts" drop-down menu.

    I have the same problem - but I alreadt have "show a blank page" selected.
    (The full text of the pop-up reads:

    "Firefox - Restore previous session.
    Your last Firefox session closed unexpectedly. You can restore the tabs and
    windows from your previous session, or start a new session if you think the
    problem was related to a page you were viewing"
    ______________ ________________
    | Restore Session | |Start New Session |
    |______________| | _______________|

    Help anyone? Lee?

    Thanks!
    Old enough . . . .
    .... to know I don't really know a thing.

    Old enough . ., Oct 29, 2006
  4. "Old enough . ." <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 07:42:17 -0600, Doug G <> wrote:
    >
    >>Chris Greville wrote:
    >>> I downloaded and am trying out FF2.0, but I'm stuck with a feature I
    >>> don't
    >>> like. I can't find out how to switch it off. Any help gratefully
    >>> received.
    >>>
    >>> The problem is, on switching on my computer (restarting, rebooting
    >>> etc,), if
    >>> I have not
    >>> closed FF, I get a pop-up asking me if I want to go back to when FF was
    >>> not
    >>> closed properly or the option of restarting FF again. If I use the
    >>> go-back
    >>> option, this circumvents the need for me to type my password into secure
    >>> sites as on certain sites I use the "keep me logged in" option for my
    >>> convenience.
    >>>
    >>> I want to disable this pop up window (preferably).
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any help.
    >>>
    >>> Chris Greville
    >>> (Using XP2 for my sins)
    >>>

    >>Try this:
    >>
    >>Go to Tools > Options > Main. Select "Show my home page" or "Show a
    >>blank page" in the "When Firefox starts" drop-down menu.

    > I have the same problem - but I alreadt have "show a blank page" selected.
    > (The full text of the pop-up reads:
    >
    > "Firefox - Restore previous session.
    > Your last Firefox session closed unexpectedly. You can restore the tabs
    > and
    > windows from your previous session, or start a new session if you think
    > the
    > problem was related to a page you were viewing"
    > ______________ ________________
    > | Restore Session | |Start New Session |
    > |______________| | _______________|
    >
    > Help anyone? Lee?

    And mine still does it, but I'm set on my chosen home page.
    Thanks for the suggestion Doug. (piggybacking a reply)

    From another group, it's part of the resuming your browsing section on
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/

    (Scroll down to)

    ""Resuming your browsing session: The Session Restore feature restores
    windows, tabs, text typed in forms, and in-progress downloads from the last
    user session. It will be activated automatically when installing an
    application update or extension, and users will be asked if they want to
    resume their previous session after a system crash.""

    Chris Greville

    Chris Greville, Oct 29, 2006
  5. Chris Greville

    Doug G Guest

    Chris Greville wrote:
    > "Old enough . ." <> wrote in message

    >>>Try this:
    >>>
    >>>Go to Tools > Options > Main. Select "Show my home page" or "Show a
    >>>blank page" in the "When Firefox starts" drop-down menu.

    >> I have the same problem - but I alreadt have "show a blank page" selected.
    >> (The full text of the pop-up reads:
    >>
    >> "Firefox - Restore previous session.
    >> Your last Firefox session closed unexpectedly. You can restore the tabs
    >> and
    >> windows from your previous session, or start a new session if you think
    >> the
    >> problem was related to a page you were viewing"
    >> ______________ ________________
    >> | Restore Session | |Start New Session |
    >> |______________| | _______________|
    >>
    >> Help anyone? Lee?
    >>

    > And mine still does it, but I'm set on my chosen home page.
    > Thanks for the suggestion Doug. (piggybacking a reply)
    >
    > From another group, it's part of the resuming your browsing section on
    > http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/
    >
    > (Scroll down to)
    >
    > ""Resuming your browsing session: The Session Restore feature restores
    > windows, tabs, text typed in forms, and in-progress downloads from the last
    > user session. It will be activated automatically when installing an
    > application update or extension, and users will be asked if they want to
    > resume their previous session after a system crash.""
    >
    > Chris Greville

    From the info at the link below, I was able to disable it by using
    about:config to add the boolean value "browser.sessionstore.enabled" and
    making it false.

    But now when I restart due to updating or adding an add-on, FF probably
    won't remember where or what I was doing.

    http://wiki.mozilla.org/Session_Restore#Preferences

    Doug G, Oct 29, 2006
  6. "Doug G" <> wrote in message

    >> From another group, it's part of the resuming your browsing section on
    >> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/
    >>
    >> (Scroll down to)
    >>
    >> ""Resuming your browsing session: The Session Restore feature restores
    >> windows, tabs, text typed in forms, and in-progress downloads from the
    >> last user session. It will be activated automatically when installing an
    >> application update or extension, and users will be asked if they want to
    >> resume their previous session after a system crash.""
    >>

    > From the info at the link below, I was able to disable it by using
    > about:config to add the boolean value "browser.sessionstore.enabled" and
    > making it false.

    I can't find where to even start.

    Chris Greville

    Chris Greville, Oct 29, 2006
  7. Chris Greville

    Doug G Guest

    http://www.mozillazine.org/misc/about:config/

    Doug G, Oct 29, 2006
  8. "Doug G" <> wrote in message

    >> I can't find where to even start.
    >>

    >> Chris Greville

    > http://www.mozillazine.org/misc/about:config/

    Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow when the grandkids have gone home.

    Chris Greville

    Chris Greville, Oct 29, 2006
  9. On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 09:33:57 -0600, Doug G <> wrote:

    > From the info at the link below, I was able to disable it by using
    >about:config to add the boolean value "browser.sessionstore.enabled" and
    >making it false.
    >
    >http://wiki.mozilla.org/Session_Restore#Preferences

    THANKS! That seems to solve the problem.

    Old enough . ., Oct 29, 2006
  10. Chris Greville

    Newbeak

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Session Manager addon

    Is the Session Manager add-on a replacement for the Firefox session restore function?
    Thanks:stupid:

    Newbeak, Jan 27, 2008